Macross Frontier music

I just heard people are already listening to OST2. I have a question.....

Is the Episode preview theme on it? And the Orchestral piece from the beginning of Episode 2? (It was a remix of "The Target" when Alto and Ranka were escaping from the Vajra.)

Episode preview theme is on OST2, the remix of "The Target" is not.

Eh, the a capella and duet are put together pieces of crap that sound like trash. :p

OST2 on the other hand kicked ass. :D

Was missing some pieces and songs though. :(

-SMS Theme sung by Ranka (or at least the eyecatch piece)

-Harmonica Aimo

-Ep2 fast-beat Birdman opening theme mixed with "The Target" from OST1

-Ep3 Maguro-man

-Ep3 music box Aimo

-Ep4 training with the SMS and daily life

-Ep4 Miss Macross Competition theme (aka Panty-chase theme in Ep8)

-Ep5 Date theme

-Ep5 Giant Zentraedi singing (ergh, don't really care for that one)

-Ep6 Don't Be Late remix (also in Ep14, Sheryl can fly!)

-Ep6 music box theme

-Ep8 saxaphone+piano theme while Sheryl, Ranka, and Nanase are in the showers

-Ep8 Frontier Main theme eye-catch (VAJRA CRASH!)

-Ep13 intro "YOU MANIACS" theme

-Ep13 Alto with Ranka and Piano Neko theme- I was wrong it's on OST2

-Ep13 Vajra lift-off and Brera vs Alto

-Ep14 Ranshe Mae Aimo

-Ep15 Diamond Crevasse Ranka version

-Ep17 SMS Theme Pineapple Cake version

-Ep23 Ai-kun's Betrayal and Brera's Desperate Pursuit

ep5 date theme is "Twinkle" on OST1

i'm still trying to hunt down where they used track 15 "Is it Love" and ended up doing a semi-marathon (ie. skipping to likely romantic scenes but ended up watching some episodes in full anyway). still no dice. picked up though on other music not yet included in OST1 and 2 and excluding those mentioned above:

- Neko Nikki (released though with MF Debut EP)

- Ranka's My Boyfriend is a Pilot (also released in the EP)

- tyko drum BGM during hydra fight and ozma vs brera in the sewers

- BGM after Battle Aimo in Ranka Attack episode

- BGM in ep8, sheryl's limo careening into Mihoshi campus, alto used in various hijinx sequences

- harmonica and guitar song overheard by ranka in the park as she was talking to nanase (forgot which ep)

- Birdman episode opening scene, also when sheryl kisses alto in the hut

- music box reprise of Alto's Theme (not sure if same as mentioned above)

- BGM when alto was advising ranka "if you think, you will not blossom.."

- ep14 opening showing the dimension eater

- BGM while bilrer was explaining his dream

- BGM when sheryl crashes in on the MQ bridge

- BGM when grace was downloading herself into a new body

- basara song in pineapple cake episode

i'll be eagerly awaiting the next OST (or OSTs given the amount listed here), but for now, i'm perfectly sated with OST2.

just realized they mixed in the last part of DYRL into the Lion part of the medley (when alto did a trench run and hooked up with brera). that part of DYRL (when hikaru was flying inside bodolza's fortress) just floors me everytime.

Nice finds of music not yet on OST1 and 2, and finding the track that was already on OST1. :)

There's definitely enough music for at least one more CD if not two more.

I really want the Ranshe Mae Aimo. Sakamoto Maya is an awesome singer. I'm glad that they had her in the series not just doing Triangular, but also doing a voice.

I remember "Is this LOVE?" playing at the beginning of ep 6 while Sheryl is preparing for her concert :lol:

that's the Don't Be Late remix intro. but thanks for keeping an eye (or ear) out.

Nice finds of music not yet on OST1 and 2, and finding the track that was already on OST1. :)

There's definitely enough music for at least one more CD if not two more.

I really want the Ranshe Mae Aimo. Sakamoto Maya is an awesome singer. I'm glad that they had her in the series not just doing Triangular, but also doing a voice.

which reminds me, there seems to be a different aimo version used when the vajra queen (using ranshe imagery) was communicating to ranka back in ep 13 or 14.

Yeah the Ranshe Mae/Vajra Queen Aimo in ep 14 is not as slow as the one at the end of the Battle Medley, and has some echoing instrument (wouldn't necessarily call it a chime).

That makes how many versions of Aimo now? :lol: A lot!

Even with Macross's dozens of CDs, we're still missing official releases for Minmay's a capella "Cinderella" and the version of "Runner" she sang at Max and Millia's wedding (the lyrics are completely different from the ending theme version). From Macross 7, we're also missing official releases of lyricless version of "Seventh Moon" that plays during the re-cap portions of some episodes, the guitar track version of "Planet Dance" used for the next ep previews, Mylene's solo versions of "Holy Lonely Light," "Light the Light," and a couple of others, the acoustic version of "Totsugeki Love Heart" (which is the ending theme for the final episode! Why didn't they release it???), and that's not even including stuff like the Jammingbirds singing "Riding in Your Valkyrie" or Gigil's "Power to the Dream."

If they ever come out with another "Complete Macross" set, I hope it REALLY IS complete... <_<

I'm really surprised they never released solo Mylene Holy Lonely Light & Light the Light either, boggles the mind. Hell, I can't believe they relegated Pillow Dream to one of the Galaxy Network Chart albums. I actually do have a copy of the accoustic ending version of Totsugeki Love Heart, got it from someone here actually, don't remember who or when though.

Looks like my copy of OST 2 is about to sihp, so I'll forego any downloads. I'm also snagging the Electric Fire DVD, coudln't resist after seeing the youtube clips.

that's the Don't Be Late remix intro. but thanks for keeping an eye (or ear) out.

O my bad. They sounded similar at first glance (or hear). But Is this LOVE is really familiar. Maybe someone will catch it during their marathon of the whole series.

it's driving me absolutely nuts trying to find where they used Is this Love (Track15) :wacko:

lurked in other forums but find mostly speculation. i checked them anyway, and they don't even sound remotely like track 15.

sigh...

Maybe it's in the movie!! :lol:

I want to see Alto reaction when Sheryl-Ranka performing Triangular in front of him, if he still doesn't decide it, I'll cut his ear and poke his eyes out :mellow:

I want to see Alto reaction when Sheryl-Ranka performing Triangular in front of him, if he still doesn't decide it, I'll cut his ear and poke his eyes out :mellow:

If them performing "What 'bout my star" in front of him did nothing for his libido, then I doubt "Triangler" would.

I love the guy, but really...he's a total idiot.

The singer of Aimo at the end of Track 19 (battle medley) is Sakamoto Maya, the one that sang Triangular and did the voice of Ranshe Mae. Like Nakajima Megumi she got her start as a lead working on Vision of Escaflowne with Kawamori and Kanno.

The singer of Aimo at the end of Track 19 (battle medley) is Sakamoto Maya, the one that sang Triangular and did the voice of Ranshe Mae. Like Nakajima Megumi she got her start as a lead working on Vision of Escaflowne with Kawamori and Kanno.

So its her, now I want a full version of Aimo done by her.

I always associated Maya with Yoko Kanno since plenty of her song is created by Kanno (Escaflowne, Earth Girl Arjuna, Lodoss War TV intro) ^_^

So its her, now I want a full version of Aimo done by her.

I always associated Maya with Yoko Kanno since plenty of her song is created by Kanno (Escaflowne, Earth Girl Arjuna, Lodoss War TV intro) ^_^

Maaya did Lodoss War TV intro??? :blink: COOL!!!! I love that song!!!!!! :D

hmmm... I think the macrossworlders are also forgetting another adventure in excellence by the goddess known as Yoko Kanno: Cowboy Bebop

No, actually that was the first series where I actually learned who she was. :D

Edited by MisaForever

I was just searching the web and i found the second ost already up on Mecha Marshmellow's blog

BTW IM NEW HERE HEY EVERYBODY

What a great first post. You will make many friends here if you keep posting links like this one. :) Thanks, and welcome to Macrossworld

Edit: Awesome. It almost had everything I was expecting and things I was not expecting. A little disappointed it didn't have the Bobby versions of anything. Oh, well.

Edited by sharky

What a great first post. You will make many friends here if you keep posting links like this one. :) Thanks, and welcome to Macrossworld

Edit: Awesome. It almost had everything I was expecting and things I was not expecting. A little disappointed it didn't have the Bobby versions of anything. Oh, well.

Haha thanks, I know everyone was waiting for it like I was :D Horray for time differences lol

Seems the second OST has reached the top spot for the daily oricon ranking ^_^

nice though should we expect any less it totally rocks! B))

listens to new fav medley

"Nyan Nyan Service Medley~Lion~Infinity~Watashi no Kare wa Pirate~Diamond Cravesse~Seikan Hikou~What 'bout my star?~Lion~Ai Oboete Imasuka~"

now thats a song!