Macross Frontier music

It seems that this second OST has skipped out on some important pieces. 1. Sheryl's charity concert song and 2. Remix of Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't Be Late (heard in the All That VF promo trailer and episode 14)

The charity concert song is Yousei/Fairy.

Ah, very thankful we get an early download, because I didn't know if I could wait another week or two for my CD to get here. Everyone downloading should make sure they actually BUY a copy to express our happiness and inform Big West that we need more Macross in terms they understand: profit.

Excellent soundtrack, I'm glad we finally get High School Life but was disappointed it's so short. I loved Test Flight Delight which will go right there with Takeoff and Fly Up In the Air as songs I play before going out flying, but I can't remember where it was used in the series.

Honestly though, I was really hoping for the Panty Chase song and the All That VF remix of Don't Be Late. Maybe OST: For Fans Only?

I just listened to OST 2 and it was estatic. :D

@Sptize

The song in Sheryl's charity concert is there. It's titled Yousei (track 10). :)

There was one track I was hoping it would be released in OST 2 but didn't. It was a military march version of Zero Hour and it played at the end of episode 16 (Ranka Attack).

There were a couple of tracks also not included in OST 2 but someone posted the link in 4chan. Here are the songs and links:

Edited by azrael
DO NOT POST file links. PM a mod with links.

Eh, the a capella and duet are put together pieces of crap that sound like trash. :p

OST2 on the other hand kicked ass. :D

Was missing some pieces and songs though. :(

-SMS Theme sung by Ranka (or at least the eyecatch piece)

-Harmonica Aimo

-Ep2 fast-beat Birdman opening theme mixed with "The Target" from OST1

-Ep3 Maguro-man

-Ep3 music box Aimo

-Ep4 training with the SMS and daily life

-Ep4 Miss Macross Competition theme (aka Panty-chase theme in Ep8)

-Ep5 Date theme- Twinkle on OST1 (thanks Major Focker!)

-Ep5 Giant Zentraedi singing (ergh, don't really care for that one)

-Ep6 Don't Be Late remix (also in Ep14, Sheryl can fly!)

-Ep6 music box theme

-Ep8 saxaphone+piano theme while Sheryl, Ranka, and Nanase are in the showers

-Ep8 Frontier Main theme eye-catch (VAJRA CRASH!)

-Ep13 intro "YOU MANIACS" theme

-Ep13 Alto with Ranka and Piano Neko theme- I was wrong it's on OST2

-Ep13 Vajra lift-off and Brera vs Alto

-Ep14 Ranshe Mae Aimo

-Ep15 Diamond Crevasse Ranka version

-Ep17 SMS Theme Pineapple Cake version

-Ep23 Ai-kun's Betrayal and Brera's Desperate Pursuit

Edited by Sumdumgai

Eh, the a capella and duet are put together pieces of crap that sound like trash. :p

-SMS Theme sung by Ranka (or at least the eyecatch piece)

-Harmonica Aimo

-Ep2 fast-beat Birdman opening theme mixed with "The Target" from OST1

-Ep3 Maguro-man

-Ep3 music box Aimo

-Ep4 training with the SMS and daily life

-Ep4 Miss Macross Competition theme (aka Panty-chase theme in Ep8)

-Ep5 Date theme

-Ep5 Giant Zentraedi singing (ergh, don't really care for that one)

-Ep6 Don't Be Late remix (also in Ep14, Sheryl can fly!)

-Ep6 music box theme

-Ep8 saxaphone+piano theme while Sheryl, Ranka, and Nanase are in the showers

-Ep8 Frontier Main theme eye-catch (VAJRA CRASH!)

-Ep13 intro "YOU MANIACS" theme

-Ep13 Alto with Ranka and Piano Neko theme

-Ep13 Vajra lift-off and Brera vs Alto

-Ep14 Ranshe Mae Aimo

-Ep15 Diamond Crevasse Ranka version

-Ep17 SMS Theme Pineapple Cake version

-Ep23 Ai-kun's Betrayal and Brera's Desperate Pursuit

Is that the track listing for OST 3? :D

:lol: It could very well be, considering that's all a bunch of pieces that were missing from OST2 that we heard in those episodes. Lion was missing from OST2, which surprised me.

Another thing I noticed is that at the end of Track 19 of OST2, the song medley duet, it ends with Ranshe Mae/Vajra Queen singing Aimo. Unlike in the anime, you can't hear the beginning of the singing very well. The "aimo, aimo" portion is either very muted or missing. :(

Well we do so have the movie coming up some time so I really don't think that this will be the last that we hear from Frontier soundtracks. With everything that Sumdumgai listed as missing along with what Gubaba was saying in joke(?) that he was wishing for as he said...

...and I really hope they milk the Macross F music even more than they milked 7...I'm talkin' O.S.T. 3: Nyan Deka, Electric Nyan!, Acoustic Nyan, Ranka Lee Sings Lynn Minmay, Sheryl Nome Sings Fire Bomber, Luca Angeloni Sings Sharon Apple, Bobby Margot Sings Wendy Ryder...I don't care. BRING ON THE PRODUCT!

I can see at least one if not two more OSTs not counting whatever they do for the movie. Time will tell.

I don't see any Macross music recently put on TokyoTosho :blink:

I thought it was just me, hey if anyone's got the one Gubaba's talking 'bout could you drop me PM. Many thanks

Look for マクロスF OST2 「娘トラ。」 under music on Tokyotosho for the torrent.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Wow, it's not even officially released and you guys are complaining about what's NOT on it? :rolleyes: This is what I don't understand about the fandom. BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU GET!!!!!

THIS coming from the person who COMPLAINED about the fansubbers every episode?? :huh:

Yeah I couldn't find the torrent for this one just yet but did snag the one Azazel linked.

I'm going to have to agree there for the Triangler duet. I don't think Megumi and May'n blend that well. Their duet songs are mostly solo medleys with very little overlapping voice, and I'm sure the little that does overlap has been carefully designed for their respective styles. With Triangler we throw them in a song that's clearly out of both of their ranges and the result while novel isn't exactly pleasant on the ears. It's like the interlude in Lion where the two girls go high and make me cringe.

Other minor gripe about OST 2 is that the track layout doesn't seem as well thought out as OST 1. 1's presentation definitely told a story. It brought us to Frontier, Sheryl's concert, explored Frontier life, had a comedic intermission, went to battle, and finished strong. With OST 2, I'm having a harder time following the intent.

Well I don't want them to pull what happened with Escaflowne the movie. Some of the music didn't make it to the OST, like the Van vs Dilandau theme. :(

I hate having music from a series or movie never making it to the OST.

addition: err, my complaint on duets was the two Diamond Crevasse songs that was posted by windrider before the links were removed. Someone took Diamond Crevasse, edited out the instruments for one song to get Acappela, and in the Duet Diamond Crevasse they put together the normal Sheryl version with Ranka's version. And they both sounded like crap.

On the other hand, I loved the Triangular duet. :)

Edited by Sumdumgai

Look for マクロスF OST2 「娘トラ。」 under music on Tokyotosho for the torrent.

Thanks for the info!

on a side note with music such a big part of Macross and while watching the battles form Frontier I had the odd thought of what if a pilot didn't like the music? I can picture as least one VF driver with something like Metallica or some Zombie playing for his fight music :D

Thanks for the info!

on a side note with music such a big part of Macross and while watching the battles form Frontier I had the odd thought of what if a pilot didn't like the music? I can picture as least one VF driver with something like Metallica or some Zombie playing for his fight music :D

You can see that in Eureka Seven when Holland and the crew bring the Gecko in for repair at the Weapons Design Facility. All the staff are metal heads.

Ok this OST is AWESOME!!!!!!!! ^_^ Very nice choice of music, especially the instrumentals and I love that they put the vocals from the last episodes on here.

However I doubly suck and need to say that one track I wish they had put on this OST or the first one was the techno-like music when Sheryl was in the Ex-Gear rampaging through the school. ^^

First off, sorry about the TokyoTosho torrent confusion...I sometimes forget that not everyone can read katakana... :unsure:

Well I don't want them to pull what happened with Escaflowne the movie. Some of the music didn't make it to the OST, like the Van vs Dilandau theme. :(

I hate having music from a series or movie never making it to the OST.

*sigh* I know.

Even with Macross's dozens of CDs, we're still missing official releases for Minmay's a capella "Cinderella" and the version of "Runner" she sang at Max and Millia's wedding (the lyrics are completely different from the ending theme version). From Macross 7, we're also missing official releases of lyricless version of "Seventh Moon" that plays during the re-cap portions of some episodes, the guitar track version of "Planet Dance" used for the next ep previews, Mylene's solo versions of "Holy Lonely Light," "Light the Light," and a couple of others, the acoustic version of "Totsugeki Love Heart" (which is the ending theme for the final episode! Why didn't they release it???), and that's not even including stuff like the Jammingbirds singing "Riding in Your Valkyrie" or Gigil's "Power to the Dream."

If they ever come out with another "Complete Macross" set, I hope it REALLY IS complete... <_<

I don't know if it's just because it's new or what but right now I'm thinking that Ranka's 2nd DYRL is my favorite version of that song, or at least a strong second to the original.

First off, sorry about the TokyoTosho torrent confusion...I sometimes forget that not everyone can read katakana...

And no sweat Gubaba, you gave me the heads up at the very least, thanks.

Edited by hobbes221

I just heard people are already listening to OST2. I have a question.....

Is the Episode preview theme on it? And the Orchestral piece from the beginning of Episode 2? (It was a remix of "The Target" when Alto and Ranka were escaping from the Vajra.)

Got it. Finally. I believe Ranka's DYRL bless the little queen was hair raising in a positive way. It surpassed the original for me. Especially at the end where her voice reverberated everywhere and the way she delivered "mou hitori bochi ja nai". Splendid.

Anata no Oto's full version was amazing. They should've played the whole version in the final episode. Empty Diamond Crevasse and Blue Ether was on par for me.

Triangular fight on stage is truly interesting. They said it was a song for Misa? I think Yoko Kanno wrote it for both Ranka and Sheryl. First part refers to Ranka, second part refers to Sheryl.

-Ep13 Alto with Ranka and Piano Neko theme- I was wrong it's on OST2

I didn't hear it on the leak. Where is it on OST 2? :lol:

Edited by shan

Does anyone know where one can get may'n albums prior to macross f? i've been looking all over the internet and can't find anything. pm me if you got anything, much appreciated.

There are no May'n albums...just three singles. I found 'em a while back, and the site is somewhere in my bookmark list. I'll PM you the link.

Just a warning, though...on the singles, she sounds NOTHING like Sheryl, going for more of a soulful R&B vibe. Still, it's astonishing that she could sound so mature and self-assured when she was all of fourteen years old...