Macross Frontier music

Hi, all! I love all the songs on MF. Northern Cross & Don't be late are on the top my list.

Anyway, can somebody confirm if this is a new song for MF? Sorry can't read/speak jap. I saw it on the ending credits on ep 23.

post-9190-1221649443_thumb.jpg

Edited by me2

Hi, all! I love all the songs on MF. Northern Cross & Don't be late are on the top my list.

Anyway, can somebody confirm if this is a new song for MF? Sorry can't read/speak jap. I saw it on the ending credits on ep 23.

It refers to the footage for the ending credits.

It's crediting the choreography to someone named Junko, while May'n performs them.

Timing is really very poor. If they intend to hide some songs in OST 2 which will be in the final 2 episodes, then it's fine to release it after the last episode. But then, the OST 2 will be released 2 weeks after the last episode. What's up with that? :p

Well imagine if on the OST there was a Sheryl version of Anata no Ono :lol:

Tracklist with samples:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/Discography/A0...VTCL-60061.html

Translation:

http://gabrielarobin.com/305/macross-frontier-ost-2

This one is for the collection, definitely.

EDIT: There are spoilers in there, please avoid if you don't want to get spoiled. Also... I wonder if that "My Boyfriend is a Pie" is a mistake or a pun? It's for Nyan Nyan so it might be really a pun. Well if Alto ends up with Ranka, I really think she did end up with a pie - cause I'd have thrown one on Alto's face XD

Edited by mike_s_6

Tracklist with samples:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/Discography/A0...VTCL-60061.html

Translation:

http://gabrielarobin.com/305/macross-frontier-ost-2

This one is for the collection, definitely.

EDIT: There are spoilers in there, please avoid if you don't want to get spoiled. Also... I wonder if that "My Boyfriend is a Pie" is a mistake or a pun? It's for Nyan Nyan so it might be really a pun. Well if Alto ends up with Ranka, I really think she did end up with a pie - cause I'd have thrown one on Alto's face XD

Damn...and I've been stalking the JVC website like a hawk waiting for them to update so I could get the scoop...and then the tracklist arrives while I'm asleep. <_<

Sttill...I wonder what took them so long? We had the Nyan Fro tracklist more than a month before the album's release...

I finally got round to watching this series and i have to say the music is actually quite good and easy on the ears. Ranka's singing voice in particular is much easier on the ears than Lynn Minmay's voice in the original series. :lol:

I finally got round to watching this series and i have to say the music is actually quite good and easy on the ears. Ranka's singing voice in particular is much easier on the ears than Lynn Minmay's voice in the original series. :lol:

What's wrong with Minmay? She sounds wonderful!

her voice is sometimes a bit too high pitched for me, I don't actually hate all her songs, but some were a bit annoying.

yeah but minmay songs are still light years better then the mylene jenius stuff.

LOVE WILL SAVE YOUR HEART

Yumewo e-gaku, ma-asu-guna hitomi-tashiyo

LOVE WILL SAVE THIS WORLD

Itsuka ki-ito, hikari wa-mieru-hazu

I don't see where you guys are coming from...Mari Iijima and Chie Kajiura are both very talented and expressive singers.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I believe Macross has been very lucky in the muscians they've gotten over the years. I'm not absolutely crazy about everyone, but there hasn't been an unskilled singer in the bunch.

Except Exsedol. And Gigil. And Gamlin. And Geperunichi. And Fire Bomber American.

And if Leon and Grace burst into "What 'bout my star? @VAJRA HIVE" in the final episode of Frontier, I'll likely curl up into a shivering, tooth-chattering fetal ball for the next few years.

But other than that, I can think of only a few Macross songs that I dislike intensely, and none of them are by Minmay or Mylene (although I admit that their duet, "Friends~Surpassing Time and Space," sounds a little too easy listening for my tastes...).

I don't see where you guys are coming from...Mari Iijima and Chie Kajiura are both very talented and expressive singers.

No ones saying they're not talented singers or even crap, but i'm just expressing my opinnion. I really think Ranka's voice sounds better, when she sang "my boyfriend is a pilot" i actually think its better than Minmays version even though its a annoying song, it just wasn't that annoying when Ranka sang it.

Ranka acting as Minmay singing Ai Oboeteimasuka in the final battle, this can only be countered with Sheryl acting as Basara and singing Try Again, and in the end both Vajra and Frontier joins up to beat Galaxy with both idols singing "Lion". :rolleyes:

Ranka acting as Minmay singing Ai Oboeteimasuka in the final battle, this can only be countered with Sheryl acting as Basara and singing Try Again, and in the end both Vajra and Frontier joins up to beat Galaxy with both idols singing "Lion". :rolleyes:

And then Luca sings "Santi-U." :ph34r:

(I'm still holding out hope that it'll happen!)

No ones saying they're not talented singers or even crap, but i'm just expressing my opinnion. I really think Ranka's voice sounds better, when she sang "my boyfriend is a pilot" i actually think its better than Minmays version even though its a annoying song, it just wasn't that annoying when Ranka sang it.

I always thought that was supposed to be annoying song. Minmay's songs gradually go from being rather light-hearted pop drivel to more emotional pieces as her career progresses, and she lives life and has more heartbreaks.

yeah but minmay songs are still light years better then the mylene jenius stuff.

LOVE WILL SAVE YOUR HEART

Yumewo e-gaku, ma-asu-guna hitomi-tashiyo

LOVE WILL SAVE THIS WORLD

Itsuka ki-ito, hikari wa-mieru-hazu

I think Mylene had her share of beautiful songs...... Pillow Dream, Sweet Fantasy particularly stand out IMO.

-Elektrix

And then Luca sings "Santi-U." :ph34r:

(I'm still holding out hope that it'll happen!)

Only happen when they decide to release Character Sound album. ^_^ And I want Michel-Klan duet singing "Heart and Soul".

Overall, I love this soundtrack -- when you put it next to YK's other work on Darker than Black, you're almost shocked that it ocmes from the same composer.

I think of all the songs in MF, Yousei/Fairy is the one I enjoy the most. The lyrics are very personalized... I don't think there's any way one can deny that Sheryl wrote it for Alto given the way she refers to his long hair... XD

Also, it has a really nice mix of the styles of Yoko Kanno (err Gabriela Robin) in that it has May'ns very pop voice, but the instrumentation reminds me most of her Arjuna work....