Macross Frontier music

Different strokes for different folks Gubaba. on a side not you say there avaible on you tube right? :p

They're available, but not in very good quality. They were just played over the phone and recorded. However, some perhaps Sheryl fan actually got the good quality demo and final version of Sheryl's enka somehow (I'm pretty sure whoever leaked it is a Sheryl fan, imagine the others are not even out there, and we have both demo and final versions of Sheryl's?!).

Good to know. I'd really love to have that one piece they play in scenes like the Quarter being hijacked. I don't remember that version being on the first OST (correct me if I'm wrong).

It's be nice if they released some episode versions of the songs as well. Like the Ranka/Sheryl duets.

It's be nice if they released some episode versions of the songs as well. Like the Ranka/Sheryl duets.

That stuff generally gets saved for the final OST, no ost 3 would be quite a shock... i mean even a half best of and the other half being different versions of stuff (like Maaya's superior version of Aimo) would sell buckletloads...

Maaya's version would be nice, though Megumi's still has great merit, so I wouldn't call either superior. To each their own though.

Well I always thought that Megumi's Aimo was Voices lite so i never really liked it ever since it replaced Megumi's version of DYRL as the ED for the first episode... Maaya's Aimo otoh is great.. well what I've heard of it anyway... and really a brand new artist in Megumi isn't really much of a match for a seasoned artist like Maaya... even though Triangler has to be one of the worst songs of her career...

anybody know what the name of the new track that debuted in ep 22 was... not northern cross but the song sheryl was singing right before klan spilled the secret to alto?

Wiki has this title as debuting in episode 22, "Yōsei" (妖精, "Fairy"?).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_Frontier

Is this correct guys? I don't seem to see this title on any of the currently released CDs. Perhaps it will be on the next OST release.

Edited by sharky

Wiki has this title as debuting in episode 22, "Yōsei" (妖精, "Fairy"?).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_Frontier

Is this correct guys? I don't seem to see this title on any of the currently released CDs. Perhaps it will be on the next OST release.

I certainly hope so... it is quite possibly sheryl's most soulful song in the series. to quote Elmo: her songs have love in them now...

So just a normal 3 and a half weeks for us then. :lol:

:lol:

...you know I'm starting to doubt the release date of the final episode based on this. Strategically, it would be best to release the CD on the Wednesday after the final episode, but it isn't. It waits for more than a week after the final episode, and... that's not good for sales is it? :\ Or perhaps they're avoiding coinciding with some other big artist's release on October 1 so that their Oricon ranking would be high...

I hope later on there is going to be a big Frontier compilation, like the Macross Maximum Box. I'd get one of those. The artwork is great on those covers. Plus I want the real thing now, instead of waiting years and years later for it, hoping it would turn up again. I hate those low quality mp3s on the net, would rather rip my own from real CDs that I bought.

Plus, it helps the franchise.

If they don't make a box, I might have to order the individual ones all in one hit......

64k??? That's pretty bad quality and I'm sure it has sound effects and dialogue in it. No thanks, I'll wait for the real release. :)

It's actually pretty solid FM radio quality or so... no sound effects or dialogue. Just a medium quality, legitimate leak.

I love Sheryl's songs, they grab me by the ears so hard. Yousei's no exception.

...and I totally acknowledge that the expression I used now makes no sense.

...nicovideo's upload of the song is pretty good quality, imo.

Edited by mochi

my girlfriend is not into anime, so she was just reading a book on the couch while i got my fix of episode22 when sheryl started singing "Fairy" and that got her attention. she looked up in time to see gg's lyrics, something about "feathers" and ended up watching the rest of the episode with me. Northern Cross blew her away and now she wants me to get the CDs and lyrics to both songs. i found the Yousei lyrics but the translation dropped the "feathers" angle. anyone got the gg version? or should i just transcribe from the episode?

hmm, now that i think about it, my girlfriend's formal name has just a few extra letters to Sheryl, she sings too, not professionally, but at events and the bars we frequent, and aside from not being blonde, looks the part. i think i got my own Sheryl! :lol: i must've been alto-dense not to have realized it all this time :p

Hard to pick just one... I've really enjoyed the music thus far (except for Triangular... I don't dislike it or anything, but I think it's kind of weak, in comparison to Diamond Cravasse or Aimo or etc.).

I might give the nod to Northern Cross. But I really like Seikan Hikou and Ranka's version of Ai Oboete Imasu Ka. I dunno.

Whaddya y'all wanna bet that "Yousei" is the song Sheryl was inspired to write in episode 5...?

very likely. were there other references to it in the blog summaries?

Yousei is rapidly climbing up my favorites list. i love the mix of sultry and playful sequences. might not be enough to dislodge Northern Cross though.

Is it just me, or do others think that OST 2 should already be out. I think that its release timing is poor.

Taksraven

Timing is really very poor. If they intend to hide some songs in OST 2 which will be in the final 2 episodes, then it's fine to release it after the last episode. But then, the OST 2 will be released 2 weeks after the last episode. What's up with that? :p