Macross Frontier music

Cross posting from Animesuki:

Also, regarding the new OP... I predict that we get the new Macross F OP and ED on the next episode. We just got a recap episode this week which means that plot-wise, the first half has already expired. Also, the Megumi and May'n live concert will happen on the 27th, and I suppose they'd sing Lion, and the only episode that could introduce that would have to be the episode on the 24th. Unless they plan to debut it on the concert. Besides that, we've heard all of the songs on OST 1 played within the animation. Time to reveal the new ones, they just can't keep churning out rearrangements of the current songs...

We also just got to see Ranka and Sheryl sing a duet within the animation, so all of us has gotten a preview of how a duet of the two would sound like. And now that the two characters seem to be on the same platform with regards to love and career, it just feels right that they show an OP with both of them singing.

Most of all... Isn't it time we got to hear the new OP? :p

is it confirmed that the new OP will be a ranka-sheryl duet?

Yes!!! :D The new ending theme though, is Sheryl only.

I just re-read that cross-post I did. When I said, "...so all of us has gotten a preview of how a duet of the two would sound like..." I wanted to say that the Infinity one wasn't much, don't you think? And not everyone bought the OST where What 'bout my Star @ Formo was in... But now, everyone who's watching the animation would have heard the two singing a full duet. Just clarifying even though no one's asking :p

Edited by mike_s_6

Yes!!! :D The new ending theme though, is Sheryl only.

I just re-read that cross-post I did. When I said, "...so all of us has gotten a preview of how a duet of the two would sound like..." I wanted to say that the Infinity one wasn't much, don't you think? And not everyone bought the OST where What 'bout my Star @ Formo was in... But now, everyone who's watching the animation would have heard the two singing a full duet. Just clarifying even though no one's asking :p

Cool! can't wait for that new OP! :D

funny, those of us who've heard the OST already knew what was going on when sheryl sang along to ranka's version. but still i was pretty much pleasantly surprised that they'd actually animate the duet. that feeling must have been even more potent for those who never heard the OST version before. :)

Cool! can't wait for that new OP! :D

funny, those of us who've heard the OST already knew what was going on when sheryl sang along to ranka's version. but still i was pretty much pleasantly surprised that they'd actually animate the duet. that feeling must have been even more potent for those who never heard the OST version before. :)

We've been spoiled!!! Haha.

come to think of it... DAMN! spoiler ruined our experience! :lol:

Well yeah...the OST titles ruined a lot...way back in April, I posted them here and translated them, and ended up saying something like "'Ninjin' means 'carrot,' but that CAN'T be right...'Ninjiin' must be something else..."

And oh how wrong I was...

And then I put a bunch of exclamation points next to "Aimo ~ Tori no Hito" and mentioned something about those who saw a connection to MacZero were right...only to have ma2ha3 come along a month later and say, "of course there's a connection. they are make movie of zero" or something like that... :angry:

Well yeah...the OST titles ruined a lot...way back in April, I posted them here and translated them, and ended up saying something like "'Ninjin' means 'carrot,' but that CAN'T be right...'Ninjiin' must be something else..."

And oh how wrong I was...

And then I put a bunch of exclamation points next to "Aimo ~ Tori no Hito" and mentioned something about those who saw a connection to MacZero were right...only to have ma2ha3 come along a month later and say, "of course there's a connection. they are make movie of zero" or something like that... :angry:

:lol: i know you miss him, but you just gotta let him go. :lol: he'll come back... after all, he still has to give that end-all "tongue lashing" that you predicted. :p

Looks like Megumi Nakajima had a really good Ranka Lee concert at ZeppTokyo on 7/27 with approximately 2500 fans in attendance. May'n and quite a few other cast members from Macross Frontier were also there. Maaya Sakamoto appeared as a special guest and sang Triangular. May'n sang DC and Northern Cross. At the end, Nakajima and May'n sang Lion as the encore. (:T_T: wish I could be there)

Anyway, here's the article for those of you that reads Japanese:

http://mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/graph/anime/20080727/

Here's the concert song list:

01.私の彼はパイロット(Short Ver.)(中島愛)

02.星間飛行 (中島愛)

03.ニンジーン Loves you yeah! (中島愛)

04.ねこ日記 (中島愛)

05.私の彼はパイロット(Long Ver.)(中島愛)

06.「超時空飯店 娘娘」CMソング (唱5.6次)

07.小白竜 (中島愛)

08.天使の絵の具 (中島愛)

09.射手座☆午後九時Don't be late (中島愛 + May'n)

10.ノーザンクロス (May'n)

11.ダイアモンドクレバス (May'n)

12.Welcome To My FanClub's Night! (May'n)

13.What 'bout my star? (中島愛+May'n)

14.トライアングラー(Piano Ver.) (坂本真綾)

15.愛・おぼえていますか (中島愛)

16.What 'bout my star? (中島愛+May'n)

17.インフィニティ (May'n)

18.アイモ (中島愛)

19.ライオン (中島愛+May'n)

And the Mainichi article is also accompanied by about 30 pics from the event. Check it out if you're interested.

Ahh. Sometimes I wish I was still living in Tokyo. <lol> :heh:

I sure hope someone bootlegged the show...I'd like to hear Megumi's version of "Angel's paints"...especially if Yoko Kanno did the arrangement.

Makes me wonder if we'll get a "Ranka Lee Sings Lynn Minmay" album. Although, yet again, what I REALLy want is "Luca Angeloni Sings Sharon Apple." ^_^

I sure hope someone bootlegged the show...I'd like to hear Megumi's version of "Angel's paints"...especially if Yoko Kanno did the arrangement.

Makes me wonder if we'll get a "Ranka Lee Sings Lynn Minmay" album. Although, yet again, what I REALLy want is "Luca Angeloni Sings Sharon Apple." ^_^

You mean Grace version of "Information High"? :lol:

I want to hear Megumi version of "Runner" :mellow: and May'N version of "Planet Dance". ^_^

Edited by Morpheus

I want to hear Megumi version of "Runner" :mellow: and May'N version of "Planet Dance". ^_^

All kidding aside, I would LOVE to hear what Yoko Kanno would do with "Planet Dance" or "Totsugeki Loveheart." Especially if sung by May'n.

That it...we need another "Macross the Tribute," produced by YK, and sung by Megumi and May'n. I'd sleep outside the shop the night before the release date in order to get it.

Especially if it had a guest appearance by Luca singing "SANTI-U."

The new version of Aimo is awesome, it got a ruthless militaristic theme in it and if the GG translation is correct this could be used for futher war propaganda. Kinda ironic since the original Aimo is gentle and peaceful, Poor Ranka, her lovely lullaby is turn into a massacre song. :mellow:

You can't be serious!!! :lol:

By the way, one of Megumi's blog entries said that she loved Idol Talk. I wonder how that would sound like if she sang it...

I don't think she can be sultry enough to pull it off... May'n should be the only one to cover any Sharon Apple songs.

I don't think she can be sultry enough to pull it off... May'n should be the only one to cover any Sharon Apple songs.

I wonder if May'n could tone down that power in her voice to do something sultry.

I think Megumi could do justice to some Mylene songs, like My Friends or something.

Edited by stray

The new version of Aimo is awesome, it got a ruthless militaristic theme in it and if the GG translation is correct this could be used for futher war propaganda. Kinda ironic since the original Aimo is gentle and peaceful, Poor Ranka, her lovely lullaby is turn into a massacre song. :mellow:

I guess it serves its purpose as a campaign song. but the new version doesn't hold anything to the original, IMHO. and besides that.... when it comes to writing lyrics, Grace is way too cheesy! It's like a super robot theme song composer hi-jacked kanno yoko's lyrics. hehe. :p

I wonder if May'n could tone down that power in her voice to do something sultry.

I think Megumi could do justice to some Mylene songs, like My Friends or something.

yup, may'n for sharon apple songs, and megumi for mylene songs would be awesome! :D

My all time favs for this show are Diamond Cravasse and Seikan Hiou but after listening to Northern Cross and knowing that there is a new op coming with both Sheryl and Ranka singing it is forcing me to possibly reconsider. I didn't like Northern Cross at first but now I just can't stop looping the song. It's beautifull. May'n has depth. What can i say. Now I sit and wait for Lion. :lol:

My all time favs for this show are Diamond Cravasse and Seikan Hiou but after listening to Northern Cross and knowing that there is a new op coming with both Sheryl and Ranka singing it is forcing me to possibly reconsider. I didn't like Northern Cross at first but now I just can't stop looping the song. It's beautifull. May'n has depth. What can i say. Now I sit and wait for Lion. :lol:

your avatar kawaiiii!!! ^_^

Now I sit and wait for Lion. :lol:

There's this mp3 circulating that's apparently a person who came from the Macross F concert, singing what she remembers of Lion. I wonder how accurate it is... She actually sounds like May'n!

Does anyone else have the recording?

I guess it serves its purpose as a campaign song. but the new version doesn't hold anything to the original, IMHO. and besides that.... when it comes to writing lyrics, Grace is way too cheesy! It's like a super robot theme song composer hi-jacked kanno yoko's lyrics. hehe. :p

It is the Macross Frontier's version of 'We will win!' :ph34r:

(Which, I don't know why, strikes me as completely appropriate.)

It is the Macross Frontier's version of 'We will win!' :ph34r:

(Which, I don't know why, strikes me as completely appropriate.)

well, that's basically what President Glass said when their ranka experiment was succesful. "we will/can win". and when i made that connection, i shuddered. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

Last night when I watched "The Best House" (a Japanese TV show), one of the score from Macross Frontier is used in some of the show segment (I think it was Zero hour), and there's also a classic SDF-1 Macross OST used for the BGM in one of the segment of the show. I'm kinda happy when I hear them playing it ^_^ , this could be another evidence of Macross F popularity I think.

Last night when I watched "The Best House" (a Japanese TV show), one of the score from Macross Frontier is used in some of the show segment (I think it was Zero hour), and there's also a classic SDF-1 Macross OST used for the BGM in one of the segment of the show. I'm kinda happy when I hear them playing it ^_^ , this could be another evidence of Macross F popularity I think.

Anime BGM's are frequently used for other live shows of every kind. Wouldn't read too much into it, as I think they mostly pick the music based on how it fits scene they're being used with. For example, recall seeing some show where the scene in question was meant to convey a sense of suspence, so a track from Death Note (which was still airing then) was played... then later, a scene was shifting to a more "heroic" feel so, the main theme of Inuyasha came on.

Smack me in the head if this has been asked before, but:

Any word on a possible Volume 2 of the M.Froniter OST Score? Not the duet album. Really hope they release all those missing themes from Vol 1 and the intro cue to episodes 3-5 some day.

Smack me in the head if this has been asked before, but:

Any word on a possible Volume 2 of the M.Froniter OST Score? Not the duet album. Really hope they release all those missing themes from Vol 1 and the intro cue to episodes 3-5 some day.

OST 2 is due to be released in October if I recall correctly. No word on what tracks it'll contain yet.

I LOVE LION!! Both their voices messhed really well. It was soo good! You will survive girls!! Gambarre!

Agree wholeheartedly. While I have been slowly warming up to Northern Cross which I really like now, Lion just swept me away instantly. Very catchy.