Macross Frontier music

Really? If the fan dubs i read for Triangler are accurate (Shinsen) I think the intro is so appropriate for the as I could hear it being either Ranka or Sheryl singing it about Alto, but using a different singer so we don't know which one. ^_^

Nah, it's not about either of them...it's about Minmay or Misa! ^_^

Well that may sound like it, but I haven't mentioned that Triangler is a poorly written song, and I didn't want it as an OP in the first place. I have replaced Maaya with other artists such as Origa, but I don't think I'd put Megumi anywhere above Maaya, as of now. :) Besides, as I've said, Maaya has more emotions in her voice when she was younger than Megumi is now, so it's hard for me to pick Megumi over her.

:D was just kidding, of course. maaya still owns megumi. and i agree that maaya sings with more emotion when she started (although whether that's because of them, or the songs themselves, i'm not really sure).

but she (megumi) does have potential. in my opinion, a slightly smoother/cooler voice, at least. :)

that being said, i wouldn't mind a maaya/megumi duet project in the near future. sugoi. :)

Edited by dreamweaver13

While far from the best, I cant say that Triangler is the worst from Maaya. I never really thought highly of Light of Love, so Triangler inhabits the middle ground in Maaya´s lineup. Megumi has tons of potential but Maaya still has ten years of experience and I think her voice has improved in this time.

I still want a Gabriella/Maaya duet.

While far from the best, I cant say that Triangler is the worst from Maaya. I never really thought highly of Light of Love, so Triangler inhabits the middle ground in Maaya´s lineup. Megumi has tons of potential but Maaya still has ten years of experience and I think her voice has improved in this time.

I still want a Gabriella/Maaya duet.

You never thought highly of Light of Love?! To each their own ;)

Mike,I have come to like the song but its taken years. Initially I thought Maaya´s voice see-sawed through the chorus. And Brain Powerd was pretty atrocious.

I suppose Triangler is not quite the triumphant reunion of Yoko and Maaya that everyone wanted. Maaya seems to have moved on when she stopped working with Kanno. Her post Kanno stuff has been more intimate and less anime oriented.

Edited by Kai

Mike,I have come to like the song but its taken years. Initially I thought Maaya´s voice see-sawed through the chorus. And Brain Powerd was pretty atrocious.

Are you going to rat on me at Maaya´s? There are folks there that love that song. :lol:

I suppose Triangler is not quite the triumphant reunion of Yoko and Maaya that everyone wanted. Maaya seems to have moved on when she stopped working with Kanno. Her post Kanno stuff has been more intimate and less anime oriented.

Lolz, I won't, of course I don't like every Maaya song out there either :lol: Yeah, it's not triumphant, quite disappointing really that her most sold CD single is this one :ph34r:

Lolz, I won't, of course I don't like every Maaya song out there either :lol: Yeah, it's not triumphant, quite disappointing really that her most sold CD single is this one :ph34r:

The power of marketing? The expectation of Kanno and Maaya re-uniting?

That sounds bad... I meant I agree, for example the Hemisphere single is way better and has a superb cover to boot and I've always had a soft spot for Puratina.

Edited by Kai

I'm aware that official band musical scores will be released around september, but a friend is urgently looking for any tabs/scores/sheets for Macross music for a band to play at a local con. Anyone got any links to fan-made/transposed scores please let me know. Looking paticularly for "What Bout My Star @ Formo".

In other news, Ranka will be singing Lion, OP2.

http://gabrielarobin.com/244/new-maynmegum...ier-single-lion

Edited by wolfx

I'm aware that official band musical scores will be released around september, but a friend is urgently looking for any tabs/scores/sheets for Macross music for a band to play at a local con. Anyone got any links to fan-made/transposed scores please let me know. Looking paticularly for "What Bout My Star @ Formo".

In other news, Ranka will be singing Lion, OP2.

http://gabrielarobin.com/244/new-maynmegum...ier-single-lion

Make that Ranka and Sheryl, double song power :lol::ph34r:

Btw, are the bandscores official? The few ones I heard of are not official ones...

If you listen to the Ranka version of "What 'bout my Star?" May'N is doing backup vocals.

Yes I know, was just poking fun at the fact that I actually mentioned "song power" :lol: This time I think it won't be anyone doing backup vocals, they should both be singing or else it will look as if one of the characters is being shafted :ph34r:

Isn't Lion a May'n single? Also isn't May'n listed first everywhere you can order the cd? I mean it was revealed on May'ns blog and look at this, no mention of Megumi at all and everywhere else I've seen lists May'n first.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTCL-35033

So it's

1. Lion by May'n featuring Megumi (They could be singing the entire song together or Megumi could just be doing the chorus for all we know)

2. Northern Cross by May'n

Right? Wrong?

Isn't Lion a May'n single? Also isn't May'n listed first everywhere you can order the cd? I mean it was revealed on May'ns blog and look at this, no mention of Megumi at all and everywhere else I've seen lists May'n first.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTCL-35033

So it's

1. Lion by May'n featuring Megumi (They could be singing the entire song together or Megumi could just be doing the chorus for all we know)

2. Northern Cross by May'n

Right? Wrong?

Actually that CD Japan entry is quite a brain fart (hahaha, of course I love them, I always order from them). It says "May'n (Ai Nakajima)", which is doubly wrong. First, Megumi's name in kanji is the kanji for "Love", and is usually romanized as "Ai". But her name is really romanized as "Megumi", hence it should be "Megumi Nakajima", not "Ai Nakajima". Putting her name in parenthesis looks like they mistook this "Ai Nakajima" as the real name of "May'n" when "May'n" is "May Nakabayashi", which is quite near Megumi's name.

CD Japan's Japanese site Neo Wing lists it as: May'n (CV: 中島愛)

- Can someone tell me what "CV" stands for? It really looks like they are mistaking them to be one person. EDIT: CV is "Character Voice". Wow, they actually thought that May'n is an anime character voiced by Ai Nakajima. Someone should inform CD Japan/Neo Wing about this :p

That aside, Amazon Japan lists it properly:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ライ&a.../dp/B001AKCYOY/

It says "Megumi Nakajima" (Artist) and "May'n" (Artist)

Edited by mike_s_6

Thanks for clearing that up and yes their two names are a bit too similar lol.

Anyway 2nd week sales are in for Interstellar Flight, here's a comparison to the other 2 singles.

First Week Sales

Triangler: 31,250 (#3)

Diamond Crevasse/Don't Be Late: 42,714 (#3)

Seikan Hikou: 34,501 (#5)

Second Week Sales

Triangler: 12,550 (#6)

Diamond Crevasse/Don't Be Late: 19,682 (#7)

Seikan Hikou: 12,054 (#6)

Thanks for clearing that up and yes their two names are a bit too similar lol.

Anyway 2nd week sales are in for Interstellar Flight, here's a comparison to the other 2 singles.

First Week Sales

Second Week Sales

Hmm, the Diamond Crevasse still rocked the socks of everyone I guess :p Let's see how it goes next week :)

Hmm, the Diamond Crevasse still rocked the socks of everyone I guess :p Let's see how it goes next week :)

3rd week for Don't Be Late is 12,630 which is more than the second weeks for the other two singles. Really it's nice to see that the quality of the single is shown by its sales. Looks like only Lion/Northern Cross will be able to outsell DC/Don't Be Late.

Anyone has the music files of this page???

http://gabrielarobin.com/199/macross-f-sec...ayn-live-photos

Don’t Be Late, sang by Ranka Lee (Megumi Nakajima)

Diamond Crevasse, sang by Ranka Lee and Sheryl Nome (May’n)

that's at least interesting to listen...

Those are just rips from episode 2, I'm sure you've heard them already.

EDIT: I manage the site, I had to turn all mp3s off because they're guilty of eating so much bandwidth!

Edited by mike_s_6

Anybody else here concerned about the overuse of some music cues in the series. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the music, but I am getting worried that some stuff, particularly the orchestral is being used in what seems to be every single episode now. ( I know that they have introduced some new stuff over the last three episodes, but all the same....)

Also, do we have to listen to Aimo EVERY SINGLE EPISODE!!!!

(I know it isn't really in every one, but it seems like it. it is really being overused.)

(I know it isn't really in every one, but it seems like it. it is really being overused.)

Doesn't feel like it's been used half as much as Planet Dance had up to that point in 7. And aimo actually has plot significance, unlike in 7 where any song by Basara could've been used. Then again, aimo being my favourite song I'm kinda biased here :p

Doesn't feel like it's been used half as much as Planet Dance had up to that point in 7. And aimo actually has plot significance, unlike in 7 where any song by Basara could've been used. Then again, aimo being my favourite song I'm kinda biased here :p

Its not my favourite song in the show. I do like it though. I just think that other stuff is better.

Taksraven

Anybody else here concerned about the overuse of some music cues in the series. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the music, but I am getting worried that some stuff, particularly the orchestral is being used in what seems to be every single episode now. ( I know that they have introduced some new stuff over the last three episodes, but all the same....)

One of my Japanese friends wanted to watch Frontier, but hadn't seen any previous Macross series except Plus. So about six months ago, I gave her ALL the Macross stuff...and her biggest complaint about SDFM was the overuse of "My Boyfriend Is a Pilot."

My point being: In Macross, it has ever been thus.

Well Aimo seems to be the key song in the series due to its Varja connection so you'll be hearing it some more! Too bad it won't be the Maaya Sakamoto version though because she clearly outclassed Megumi's version of it in episode 14.

One of my Japanese friends wanted to watch Frontier, but hadn't seen any previous Macross series except Plus. So about six months ago, I gave her ALL the Macross stuff...and her biggest complaint about SDFM was the overuse of "My Boyfriend Is a Pilot."

My point being: In Macross, it has ever been thus.

Hehehe. An occupational hazard as a Macross fan :)

First Week Sales

Second Week Sales

Third Week Sales

Triangler: 12,886 (#6)

Diamond Crevasse/Don't Be Late: 12,630 (#10)

Seikan Hikou: 6,128 (#15)

I was about to say that the sales of the Seikan Hikou is dropping exponentially... Let's just say that it gets halved each week. I suppose it's understandable since it didn't get any airplay this week.

I've got a Macross mega order coming when the Frontier BR #1 ships, and gotta ask... is the Triangler single even worth getting? The packaging doesn't really even look Macross-y from what I've seen, but I haven't really seen the inside. Kind of debating cancelling it out...

I've got a Macross mega order coming when the Frontier BR #1 ships, and gotta ask... is the Triangler single even worth getting? The packaging doesn't really even look Macross-y from what I've seen, but I haven't really seen the inside. Kind of debating cancelling it out...

There's only 1 Frontier image in the single. I guess it would be based on your liking of the song or singer.

i'm betting that they're going to use the new OP come ep 16. ep 15 had that "end of an arc" vibe to it. and besides, if there was any episode that emphasized the spirit of the "triangler" to the full, ep15 was it. *cue Ranka singing with a triangle symbol while looking at alto*. :p