Macross Frontier music

That's great news about the OST placing so high in Oricon.

I'm gonna support em by purchasing em from Amazon Japan,

but I'll have to order after Ranka's single is out later this month.

A poster from Ykfan posted up some Kanno OST figures on the gabrielarobin site, looks like these were Kanno's best selling OST for the release week.

14 COWBOY BEBOP Knockin’on heaven’s dor O.S.T FUTURE BULES 08/29 24200

20 COWBOY BEBOP originalsoundtrack3 BLUE 05/01 17080

Now Frontier did 10,304 day 1, 9,235 day 2 and on day 3 she's sold 5132 and kept the #3 ranking for that day. So she just about outdid her previous best first week today in just 3 days.

A poster from Ykfan posted up some Kanno OST figures on the gabrielarobin site, looks like these were Kanno's best selling OST for the release week.

14 COWBOY BEBOP Knockin’on heaven’s dor O.S.T FUTURE BULES 08/29 24200

20 COWBOY BEBOP originalsoundtrack3 BLUE 05/01 17080

Now Frontier did 10,304 day 1, 9,235 day 2 and on day 3 she's sold 5132 and kept the #3 ranking for that day. So she just about outdid her previous best first week today in just 3 days.

COOL!!!! :D I will buy a CD DARNIT!!! :p

I just ordered all three singles and the OST from Amazon Japan.

They'll ship out once Ranka's debut single is out on June 25th.

Am I crazy?

Do you think they would throw that scene in there if it weren't going to come up later...? I imagine it will be unveiled with a great deal of fanfare sometime down the road.

It'll be the DYRL of this series. We'll see a scene in the climactic battle where Sheryl is trying to get Ranka to take the giant panties and sing the song. Ranka refuses because it's from some other woman...the song, not the...you know.

Edited by Vinnie

Anyone know the title of the BGM in the ending of epi.10 when Ranka stand up in the audience?

it's the opening segment of Take Off.

that stumped me for a while too.

It's not. Although similar, the BGM is a bit faster and has cymbals and drumrolls, giving it a more "military" feel (think about the beginning of the Space: Above and Beyond theme). I asked about this in the Ep. 10 thread, it appears that it's not included in Nyan Fro. Which is a frakking shame.

It's not. Although similar, the BGM is a bit faster and has cymbals and drumrolls, giving it a more "military" feel (think about the beginning of the Space: Above and Beyond theme). I asked about this in the Ep. 10 thread, it appears that it's not included in Nyan Fro. Which is a frakking shame.

I concur with you on this, it was also first used in episode 6 when Alto arrives back at Macross Quarter and puts Sheryl's earring in his cockpit and Sheryl ascends to the main stage.

not working on my mac, cannot run. do you have anything after intel?

cheers

What OS are you running? I think Max requires 10.4 Tiger Universal... if you have only 10.3 there's a player called Cog that I haven't tried but it might work for you. There's older versions that are for 10.3.9.

you guys are right. it sounds very close to a reprise, but it's different.

you're right too that it's a disappointment it wasn't included in the OST.

Meh I don't mind, I fully expect it to be on the 2nd or 3rd OST. If it wasn't for the massive amount of insert songs it probably would've been on this first OST anyway.. or maybe because of its similarities to Take Off they wanted it to be on a different OST.

What OS are you running? I think Max requires 10.4 Tiger Universal... if you have only 10.3 there's a player called Cog that I haven't tried but it might work for you. There's older versions that are for 10.3.9.

let me try cog, but i am on 10.5.2

Edited by ma2ha3

I concur with you on this, it was also first used in episode 6 when Alto arrives back at Macross Quarter and puts Sheryl's earring in his cockpit and Sheryl ascends to the main stage.

Yep, thats the one. And it sounds bloody fantastic too. I hope it is on the next OST.

Taksraven

there seem to be some missing music, we just need some new songs for OST 2

There always is missing music in the first OST, you can't fit everything into one cd. OST 1 seems to cover the first half of Macross, OST II will probably do the second half.. or most of the second half. OST 3 will do the end episodes as well as themes that have been missed out. If there's an OST 4 I suspect it will be like a best of with all the OP/EDS as well as a few different versions of songs already covered. Acapella of Diamond Crevasse by Sheryl and Ranka for one, the Infinity version sung by Sheryl and Ranka etc.

The second OST will feature the following 3 vocal songs for sure, Ranka's Interstellar Flight, Sheryl and Ranka's Lion (New OP) and Sheryl's Northern Cross (New ED).

Several bgm themes not used so far are...

- The one that plays when Sheryl tells Alto about how she grew up on Galaxy in episode 6, was also used before the OP in eps 3-5.

- The one used when Alto hangs Sheryl's earring in his cockpit and Sheryl ascends the main stage to sing DC. Also used when the crowd gave Ranka a standing ovation at the end of 10

- The break beat track used during the Miss Macross contest as well as Sheryl's panty theft chase scene.

- The BGM used before Grace tells Michael she's sorry about his sister

- The one that plays when Sheryl kisses Alto in episode 10

There always is missing music in the first OST, you can't fit everything into one cd. OST 1 seems to cover the first half of Macross, OST II will probably do the second half.. or most of the second half. OST 3 will do the end episodes as well as themes that have been missed out. If there's an OST 4 I suspect it will be like a best of with all the OP/EDS as well as a few different versions of songs already covered. Acapella of Diamond Crevasse by Sheryl and Ranka for one, the Infinity version sung by Sheryl and Ranka etc.

The second OST will feature the following 3 vocal songs for sure, Ranka's Interstellar Flight, Sheryl and Ranka's Lion (New OP) and Sheryl's Northern Cross (New ED).

Several bgm themes not used so far are...

- The one that plays when Sheryl tells Alto about how she grew up on Galaxy in episode 6, was also used before the OP in eps 3-5.

- The one used when Alto hangs Sheryl's earring in his cockpit and Sheryl ascends the main stage to sing DC. Also used when the crowd gave Ranka a standing ovation at the end of 10

- The break beat track used during the Miss Macross contest as well as Sheryl's panty theft chase scene.

- The BGM used before Grace tells Michael she's sorry about his sister

- The one that plays when Sheryl kisses Alto in episode 10

what about my boyfriend is a pilot??????

what a leftover. how can they.

what about my boyfriend is a pilot??????

what a leftover. how can they.

It's on the Ranka Interstellar Flight cd single along with her song that played while she was handing out stuff in episode 9 (Cat Diary) and the Deculture Size ending theme of DYRL.

Interstellar Flight

Cat Diary

My Boyfriend is a Pilot

DYRL (Deculture Edit Size)

It's on the Ranka Interstellar Flight cd single along with her song that played while she was handing out stuff in episode 9 (Cat Diary) and the Deculture Size ending theme of DYRL.

Interstellar Flight

Cat Diary

My Boyfriend is a Pilot

DYRL (Deculture Edit Size)

real world, i am talking about real world, not the virtual anime world.

i was in japan, i only get tissue, never cd. and how are you sure they are still using cd in 2059. actually did you seen a CD in the whole show.

real world, i am talking about real world, not the virtual anime world.

i was in japan, i only get tissue, never cd. and how are you sure they are still using cd in 2059. actually did you seen a CD in the whole show.

I am talking real world... Ranka Lee Interstellar Flight is the 3rd cd single from Macross Frontier and those 3 other songs are on it as well. Comes out the 26th of this month.

Aimo is stupidly addictive.

I put it on repeat last night and forgot I even had it playing. Just just meshed with everything I was doing. 3 and a half hours into my raid my roommate walks in and goes "how many more times do I have to listen to that kid from Frontier sing? I will stab you."

Aimo is stupidly addictive.

I put it on repeat last night and forgot I even had it playing. Just just meshed with everything I was doing. 3 and a half hours into my raid my roommate walks in and goes "how many more times do I have to listen to that kid from Frontier sing? I will stab you."

Hahahaha :) Brilliant.

Regarding missing music on OST 1...the electronic-based songs threw me off for a bit, but now I'm thinking that perhaps we've got a Macross Plus situation, where the first OST features the symphonic tracks and OST 2 will feature the electronic/rock tracks.

Even "Zero Hour" and "Private Army" use the orchestra.

I kind of hope I'm wrong, as there do seem to be some orchestral scores that don't show up on OST 1, and it would be a shame to have to wait for the inevitable grab-bag "Macross F ~for Deculture only~" (or whatever) release in order to get them...

So far all the songs and BG tracks have been fantastic. Macross Frontier is shaping up to be a great series :D

As for my faves:

-Diamond Crevasse

-Infinity

-Welcome to my Fan Club's Night

As for Ranka's songs "What 'bout my star?" is good but I have to be a particular mood to listen to Aimo at all. Sheryl seems to have won my heart! ;)

My OST and singles arrived home in Vermont on Thursday after being shipped out on monday. Got it in Alabama today. Thanks CD Japan!

The thing that stuck me most about this album was the arrangement of the tracks. There was a nice flow to it start to finish.

The big letdown was Big Boys, and to a lesser extend Welcome to My Fanclub's night. With the former, it was simply that there wasn't more to it. It's a catchy song, I just want more than the 1.5 min that we hear in the series. With the latter, it's gotten some hype in this thread, that I thought was pretty undeserved for what sounded like some stock JPop/American 80's pop-rock. It's a good song, but nowhere near as dynamic as Infinity, strong as Diamond Crevasse, or memorable as Don't Be Late and What 'Bout My Star I think is the better general Pop piece.

I'm not sure if tracks like Tally Ho and The Target stand out the way that Fly Up in the Air, Breakout, and Dogfight did. It could simply be that I'm nostalgic and associate these songs with scenes that inspired me to be a pilot. Vital Force on the other hand, might be able to work it's way in there, but perhaps because its style is more 'military concert band' like the aforementioned M+ tracks. Maybe I just need to listen to them more.

The awesome suprise was the extended version of Private Army. I loved the flamenco rythyms combined with later what sounded like a celtic contemporary guitar (didn't sound like latin fingerstyle.) Speaking of which, Alto's theme was really nicely done. Zero Hour was enjoyable with electronic components reminded me of Front Mission (much like the VF-25) and blended nicely with the orchestra. If you liked this and Kirakira, I think you may like the Aria and Earthbound Albums by composer Paul Schwartz. Innocent Green as a gentle piano piece also really got my attention, I had forgotten the scene that made it memorable until writing this.

Everything that I didn't mention was simply great. I love the Ranka tracks, Take Off is another joys of flight BGM, That Girl is an Alien still makes me laugh, and Infinity is the best Sheryl Tune. Well worth the cash to import, and I'm looking forward to Lion and OST 2.

Included in my order, but not in any of the plastic, was an Autographed Backstage Pass to Sheryl's concert. Was that a first press bonus and if so, for which CD? There weren't any first pressings available when I ordered. Now I just need to avoid flying Valkyries with green trim and make it to age 77 so I can use it.

Awh ;( Her stuff is good! I didn't say it sucked or anything...we've just had more Sheryl music than Ranka (at least more impressive stuff). Maybe as the series goes along Ranka will have more to add to her list that we all can appreciate :D