Macross Frontier music

OMG, this OST is full of win!

At first I thought I would be disappointed since most of the songs featured so far in the show were not really Kanno's best, they sounded too Aquarion-ish to my tastes (specially Sheryl's songs), but man was I wrong! This OST really surprised me, in a wonderful way.

I like how they put an emphasis on variety, some of the songs here are one of the best in the history of the franchise, some have a Macross Plus vibe, some others remind me of SDF or Zero, while there are others that sound like Pirates of the Caribbean :lol: but I like them all B)) .

I can`t get tired of listening to Tally Ho!, Kira Kira or Alto's Theme, they're really great songs. ^_^

listen to OST

it is so amercian

i remember the giant shopping mall, all the backgnd sound are amercian speaking with their amercian slant

is there any japanese amercian involve in frontier

it must be

it is everywhere, music, backgnd sound , special effect sound.

anyone agree?

There are many different cultures in not only frontier in general, but DYRL as well. You can find american, Japanese, French and Chinese languages spoken and written. for instance, the background walla in DYRL is french and american. The shopping scenes in DYRL are in french and I believe chinese.

And sheryl has written in french to grace, not too mention the metroculture clad of the cities in frontier being a combination of tokyo and san fransico.

Either case, loving the ost. had to stick with a wv format for a while bit now got an mp3 and feel more satasfied.

listen to OST

it is so amercian

i remember the giant shopping mall, all the backgnd sound are amercian speaking with their amercian slant

is there any japanese amercian involve in frontier

it must be

it is everywhere, music, backgnd sound , special effect sound.

anyone agree?

Hey! I like your new avatar :) Magical Musical Mystery Girl Sheryl! :D

Favs...

Top 5 Vocal Tracks imo are

Welcome to my fanclubs night!

Don't Be Late

Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

What bout my star @ folmo

Diamond Crevesse

Top 5 BGM Tracks imo are

The Target (This is "the" battle theme of the series)

Tally Ho (Hasn't been used yet, feels like it's the Frontier version of M+'s Dogfight)

Take Off (Was played when Alto launched in his ex-gear in episode 1 and when he attacked the Varja at the start of 2)

Innocent Green (When Sheryl kisses Alto on the cheek in episode 5, has a lot left that hasn't been played.. I hope this is the Sheryl and Alto "romance" theme")

Vital Force (Hasn't been played, reminds me of another M+ bgm)

There are many different cultures in not only frontier in general, but DYRL as well. You can find american, Japanese, French and Chinese languages spoken and written. for instance, the background walla in DYRL is french and american. The shopping scenes in DYRL are in french and I believe chinese.

And sheryl has written in french to grace, not too mention the metroculture clad of the cities in frontier being a combination of tokyo and san fransico.

Either case, loving the ost. had to stick with a wv format for a while bit now got an mp3 and feel more satasfied.

why dun you watch the shopping centre scene again, and tell me that is not amercian slant in backgnd noise, where there are amercian gals talking.

open your ears, use a headphone, a decent one. OK.

on the OST, there are amercian engineer, mix in USA, record in Poland, by warsaw philharmonic orchestra, no doubt outsource to Poland for profit by amercian studio.

Hey! I like your new avatar :) Magical Musical Mystery Girl Sheryl! :D

thanks

hey i want the moving pic, but i have no idea how to do it.

how did you make your avatar with cute klan klan?

what software you used, i use mac, so you have something for mac?

thanks

hey i want the moving pic, but i have no idea how to do it.

how did you make your avatar with cute klan klan?

what software you used, i use mac, so you have something for mac?

I didn't actually use anything, someone else had already made it and I copied it. :D I would ask someone else who has an animated one as they should know. Sorry :)

I didn't actually use anything, someone else had already made it and I copied it. :D I would ask someone else who has an animated one as they should know. Sorry :)

you should not have.

that guy dun complain or come and kick your butt?

i would send a varja to your home.

You need a program that can make Animated Gifs, then take screen captures of the video frame by frame. It plays and loops itself automatically once assembled. I haven't messed around with them in almost 10 years so just do a search for Animated Gifs.

How do you play those damn wv files.

Taksraven

:lol: No no, it was someone on here that made it I think. :)

exactly after spending hours to make the avatar, and you copy it

i would send a varja to your home

and put the hand and pick you up

and squash you like orange juice

like gillian

ho ho ho

exactly after spending hours to make the avatar, and you copy it

i would send a varja to your home

and put the hand and pick you up

and squash you like orange juice

like gillian

ho ho ho

What about everyone else who is using an animated avatar??? You should send Vajra to their homes too!!!! :p

I have been enjoying the OST just released I'll have to order it when I can afford to, don't have a favorites list yet but am compiling one.

I just made my first rough Animated Gif in 10 years guess I better watch out for Vajra too hehe.

Edited by Drahken

the polish orchestra seem pretty good.

yeah, do you think this multi nation effort for frontier make it even better than it would be if all done by japanese?

the music will not be like this, if it is done by japanese. it is very holloywood movie like orchestra music, ranka about my star is surprising good in full version.

yeah, do you think this multi nation effort for frontier make it even better than it would be if all done by japanese?

the music will not be like this, if it is done by japanese. it is very holloywood movie like orchestra music, ranka about my star is surprising good in full version.

Yoko Kanno works in many different languages and styles. She has a Jazz Band called The Seatbelts, the Macross Plus music was done along with the Israel Phil Harmonic. She's a very unique music producer and we are all better off for it.

edit: spelling mistakes

Edited by Drahken

Yoko Kanno works in many different languages and styles. She has a Jazz Band called The Seatbelts, the Macross Plus music was done along with the Israel Phil Harmonic. She's a very unique music producer and we are all better off for it.

edit: spelling mistakes

yeah if she composer the orchestra music. i agree she is very good.

MUST get CD.

i cant wait to go to Japan in July. I go at macross speed to Nippon.

get me self a varja.

why dun you watch the shopping centre scene again, and tell me that is not amercian slant in backgnd noise, where there are amercian gals talking.

open your ears, use a headphone, a decent one. OK.

on the OST, there are amercian engineer, mix in USA, record in Poland, by warsaw philharmonic orchestra, no doubt outsource to Poland for profit by amercian studio.

never disagreed with you, my references were mostly pointed out to DYRL and little on Frontier. I was meaning that it shouldn't come as a shock to fans to see different languages and cultures in a series which focus is of such.

I wouldnt even say s much outsource to other countries to mke a buck, as stated, yoko kanno works with different groups in music composing and performing. I enjoy the variety alot. I thought the music she hs performed is lways fantastic, from classic, to jazz, to rock, etc.

I have no freaking clue what ma2ha3 is going on about. American involvement, outsourced to polish orchaestra to make it cheaper, whatever.

The Warsaw Philharmonic has been asked to record many many many times by the anime industry. Ditto for the Czech Philharmonic. In fact, I think Kanno has worked several times with the Warsaw Philharmonic. I dont think there's any great American conspiracy here.

Love "The Target". Love "The Bajura" (should we be calling them that as opposed to the Vajra????????)

My speakers are so loud that they are causing a weird interference on my monitor. Thank god I have the house to myself.

Taksraven

Hiho guys! Well i got a question i'm lookin' for a specific track its this one http://www.aford.de/files/Acid/test2.mp3 ( the music playin' in the background ) i think its first appearance is at the miss macross selection and the second time at episode 8 from 17:00 min - 18:20 min

I just love this breakbeat track but it isn't on the new macross frontier OST or anywhere else to find.

Does anyone know the interpret or title of this track?

Er... what about the GIANT ZENTRADI singing Enka?? Enka is about as American as Cowboys are Chinese. And don't mention Shanghai Noon.

Speaking of the date, think we'll ever get to hear the song Sheryl writes on those giant panties?

Perhaps it's the Fan Club song. I wonder if she'll say to her fans, "I wrote these first on Meltran panties on a date". Hahahaha.

Any good soul out there willing to translate the interview on pages 13-16 for the rest of us, the japanese-impaired ones? :lol:

Funnily enough, I was planning to do just that...skimming it gave me enough that piqued my interest, so I decided to do the whole thing.

Once again, I work slowly though, so give it a few weeks...