Macross Frontier music

Sorry if this has been said before...I may have missed it, but does anyone know if the song at the beginning of Episode 6 is on the 1st OST CD / knows that song's name?

I'll probably pick it up at one of the Japanese stores here in NYC...hopefully they get it soon.

中島愛 May'n /「ライオン」(Lion)

价格:1155日元

编号:VTCL-35033

发售日:2008年8月6日

曲目:

1.ライオン(Lion 狮子座)

歌:中島愛、シェリル ノーム starring May'n

※Macross Frontier 二期 OP

2.ノーザンクロス(Northern Cross 天鹅座)

歌:シェリル ノーム starring May'n

※Macross Frontier 二期 ED

new CD/songs for 2nd part of Macross F. not sure if this is rumors.

This is official, May'n mentioned it in her blog:

http://mayn.horipro.jp/blog/

Sorry if this has been said before...I may have missed it, but does anyone know if the song at the beginning of Episode 6 is on the 1st OST CD / knows that song's name?

I'll probably pick it up at one of the Japanese stores here in NYC...hopefully they get it soon.

No info yet, but I think that it's the one named Frontier 2059. Tomorrow we'll know for sure :D

This is official, May'n mentioned it in her blog:

http://mayn.horipro.jp/blog/

Good. I was beginning to wonder if there were no new characters to be introduced, since, as Brera has shown up, everyone in the OP is accounted for.

I'm hoping there will be some new "mystery characters" who show up in the next one...

And that picture of the Frontier CD had me salivating...but so far, nothing on Tokyo Toshokan or Nipponsei...

Good. I was beginning to wonder if there were no new characters to be introduced, since, as Brera has shown up, everyone in the OP is accounted for.

I'm hoping there will be some new "mystery characters" who show up in the next one...

And that picture of the Frontier CD had me salivating...but so far, nothing on Tokyo Toshokan or Nipponsei...

And you probably also noticed this in Mayn's blog:

20080527211525.jpg

A few more hours to go...

EDIT: Hold on a second... in the Lion post of May'n, she mentions that the vocals to the OP is May'n and Megumi, not Sheryl Nome starring May'n. Does this mean we're going to hear Mayn's real, soulful voice in Lion? I hate Mayn's Sheryl voice, but I'd say if she sings in that soulful voice, Megumi, move OVER! Try listening to this May'n song: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3317237

EDIT again: Can't be, perhaps she just missed it in her blog. This is the Macross franchise, she should sing consistently.

Edited by mike_s_6

20080527211525.jpg

EDIT: Hold on a second... in the Lion post of May'n, she mentions that the vocals to the OP is May'n and Megumi, not Sheryl Nome starring May'n. Does this mean we're going to hear Mayn's real, soulful voice in Lion? I hate Mayn's Sheryl voice, but I'd say if she sings in that soulful voice, Megumi, move OVER!

I'd like to hear Nakabayashi Mei's real soulful voice...but I can't seem to find her first three singles anywhere...

20080527211525.jpg

EDIT: Hold on a second... in the Lion post of May'n, she mentions that the vocals to the OP is May'n and Megumi, not Sheryl Nome starring May'n. Does this mean we're going to hear Mayn's real, soulful voice in Lion? I hate Mayn's Sheryl voice, but I'd say if she sings in that soulful voice, Megumi, move OVER! Try listening to this May'n song: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3317237

EDIT again: Can't be, perhaps she just missed it in her blog. This is the Macross franchise, she should sing consistently.

I would think she would just sing naturally, rather than "act" while singing. That's the way Fukuyama always did it, anyway. It just so happens, for example that some of her other songs have her sing deeper... Personally, I prefer her deeper voice, though her falsetto in the ending theme is nice too.

Thanks for that Nico Video clip -- I've heard that wedding song before, didn't know it was her, though.

Also, check this out --

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...jp-22/ref=nosim

Is that a cover of Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" as a B-side?? Damn, I wish Amazon Japan would let you hear samples!!

I would think she would just sing naturally, rather than "act" while singing. That's the way Fukuyama always did it, anyway. It just so happens, for example that some of her other songs have her sing deeper... Personally, I prefer her deeper voice, though her falsetto in the ending theme is nice too.

Thanks for that Nico Video clip -- I've heard that wedding song before, didn't know it was her, though.

Also, check this out --

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...jp-22/ref=nosim

Is that a cover of Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" as a B-side?? Damn, I wish Amazon Japan would let you hear samples!!

I think Fukuyama WAS kind of acting when he did Basara..."Get Free," for example, definitely doesn't sound like a Fire Bomber song (although some of the Humming Bird stuff does).

And yes, that IS a cover of "Papa Don't Preach." I MUST FIND THAT SINGLE! Sheryl singing Madonna could almost, ALMOST be better than Hikaru and Minmay's "Blowin' in the Wind" duet!

After a VERY quick scan of the booklet, I've learned that "Infinity" is Sheryl's 3rd single, "What 'bout my star," her 4th, both released in 2057.

And that "Triangler" is the theme song for a Macross Broadcasting System "Trendy Drama" (also titled "Triangler") about Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay (!!!). And all this time I though the song was supposed be from Ranka's viewpoint...

And that "Triangler" is the theme song for a Macross Broadcasting System "Trendy Drama" (also titled "Triangler") about Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay (!!!). And all this time I though the song was supposed be from Ranka's viewpoint...

I always wondered whether Misa, in the Mac universe, was considered a "Camilla".

Darn! The score is missing two of the best songs: The beautiful intro as heard in Episodes 3, 4, 5, etc and Alto's heroic theme (EDIT: nevermind! This one is on "Take Off").

Instead we get: "Ninjin Loves you yeah" -_- .

Overall the OST is nice. Here's hoping for a possible OST2!

Edited by OmegaD3k

Darn! The score is missing two of the best songs: The beautiful intro as heard in Episodes 3, 4, 5, etc and Alto's heroic theme.

Overall the OST is nice. Here's hoping for a possible OST2!

The Miss Macross (panty chasing) theme is not there, the Attack the Vajra theme is not there. There should be an OST 2, I mean, the cover has OST 1 on it. They shouldn't have put the number if there wouldn't be a follow-up to it :lol:

You say that like it's a bad thing...

The Miss Macross (panty chasing) theme is not there, the Attack the Vajra theme is not there. There should be an OST 2, I mean, the cover has OST 1 on it. They shouldn't have put the number if there wouldn't be a follow-up to it :lol:

What about Space War I? Macron 1? Agent One...? :ph34r:

But yeah there's a large number of tracks that aren't on this one...they'd better be working on Volume 2 right now...

I think most of those tracks people have heard already missing from this ost will be on a 3rd ost. The 2nd ost should be for 2nd half insert songs and bgm. 3rd should be a few tracks from the end as well as stuff that was missed in the first 2. And a 4th best of cd (like M+ For Fans Only) with some different versions of other songs.. like say Infinity with Ranka Lee on it.

great OST. loving the "Twinkle" BGM (reminds of Fish~Silent Cruise from GITS SAC) but can't seem to place where it was used in the series. anyone remember?

edit: yay, i'm now a waxer

Kirakira/Twinkle is one of the bgms in Alto and Sheryl's date. I'm sure you could hear Sheryl say "woooow!!!" when you played the song :)

Kirakira/Twinkle is one of the bgms in Alto and Sheryl's date. I'm sure you could hear Sheryl say "woooow!!!" when you played the song :)

Speaking of the date, think we'll ever get to hear the song Sheryl writes on those giant panties?

i got both the ape and tta versions, but dunno why my winamp cant cue the tta. :(

any help? :p

really awesome OST... :)

I want to shoot whoever did the EAC .ape release. Its unburnable. :angry: