Macross Frontier music

Ok, untill epi.7 (8 tonight) we have plenty of songs to choose from. Here's my current favourite list:

- Infinity by Sheryl

- What'bout my star@Formo, Ranka version

So, whats yours?

Don't Be Late

Diamond Crevesse

What bout my star @ folmo (Ranka)

Infinity

What bout my star

Aimo

Triangler

Intersteller Flight (only heard 1 minute preview, not that impressed atm, I'll rather this be the new ED than a new OP even though it's nowhere near as good as Diamond Crevesse... because this would make a lacklustre OP to say the least...)

Edited by Westlo

Triangler

Diamond Crevasse

(big margin in terms of playback count)

What 'Bout My Star (both the Sheryl and Ranka versions; would make a decent mid-series OP if remixed)

Sagittarius-9:00pm-Don't Be Late

Aimo

Honestly, there's not a single song in MF that I don't like, it's just these five are always stuck in my head :)

Is there a link somewhere for *ALL* of these songs? I like them all!! :D

Just wait two weeks, and the OST will be all over the internets...

I having a hard time picking a favorite, too...so I guess I'm gonna have to go for the one that nobody's picked yet: The SMS Shotai Song.

"Su-piido, Mirakaru! Supeishiiiiiiii!"

ALL!!!

Yoko Kanno is the best composer ever!!! Megumi & Maya are great performers! Even the incidental music is awesome! Loved the track when Alto was looking for Luca inside the Vajra ship, the mix between music and animation was perfect. B))

I would have to go for:-

"Don't be late" - it was this track that first caught my attention in the trailer for "Frontier", not the animation, not the hardware, but the song. It stuck in my head and I find myself humming the intro quite a bit at work (I don't sing, never sing - there are reasons).

and the Ranka version of

"W'bout my star"

there is just something about it that is quite catchy. I'm kind of hoping it will be on either the OST or a single at some point.

Karl

Huh? Who said anything about Wikipedia...?

I got the name "Triangular" from Wikipedia. Somebody doing the Macross Frontier page on Wiki screwed up on that one. <_<

Edited by Macross007

I got the name "Triangular" from Wikipedia. Somebody doing the Macross Frontier page on Wiki screwed up on that one. <_<

Ah, now I understand.

And, if you look at the katakana, "Triangular" would make sense as the title. If the Divine Ms. YK hadn't decided to go all weird on us* with the romanization, I'm sure that's what we'd all be calling it.

*not to imply, of course, that Ms. YK is usually anything BUT weird...

whether or not it is spelled triangular or triangler isn't as important as how it is actually pronounced in japanese, i guess, since it is a japanese song. romanized, i think the pronouncation in katakana is something like "Toraianguraa" .

well, it sounds closer to triangular, so i'm with gubaba on this one.

They're all amazing.

Sagittarius 9PM Don't Be Late. is my current favorite, but it may be replaced by What 'bout my star? or Infinity when I hear the full tracks.

Most Singable goes to:

She's an Alien! - The SMS Chant

Best Background Track

"He's a Pirate or Sounds like Pirates of the Carribean OST" although the more common background track used during the egg cracking scene does evoke memories of Jade, from the Macross Plus Soundtrack.

Edited by Vinnie

whether or not it is spelled triangular or triangler isn't as important as how it is actually pronounced in japanese, i guess, since it is a japanese song. romanized, i think the pronouncation in katakana is something like "Toraianguraa" .

well, it sounds closer to triangular, so i'm with gubaba on this one.

I think you misunderstand...I was merely saying that if there were no romanization, we would call it "Triangular" because...well...it's a real word.

I shall continue to call it "Triangler," though, because, well...

Yoko said it.

I believe it.

That settles it.

Guys, stop arguing over Triangler/Triangular, just use the one you feel is right, and let's let this thread serve its real purpose :) Been a fan of Kanno's for a long time now, and I do find her quite... weird. In a cute way, that is.

I totally forgot about the SMS song, I also love that one (sans the lyrics, which is machistic :ph34r: ).

For favorite bgm, that will go to one of the "enemy attacks" pieces, the one with fast strings.

I think you misunderstand...I was merely saying that if there were no romanization, we would call it "Triangular" because...well...it's a real word.

I shall continue to call it "Triangler," though, because, well...

Yoko said it.

I believe it.

That settles it.

^_^ yup, looks like i misunderstood you on that one. my bad.

but like i said, spelling doesn't really matter much to me anyway, just the way it sounds.

and the bottom line is still... kanno yoko is a god.

and maaya is oftentimes her archangel. Love them both. :)

btw, would anyone know for certain if KY also composed the SMS march? well, she can write almost any type of music so i'm guessing its also hers.

Favourite BGM: Pirates of Caribbean rip-off theme :ph34r:

Yeah I really like that one, was better used in episode 8 than 6. Fav bgm is what seems to be Ozma's theme, the one the starts up after he joins the battle in episode 2, was the same one that started playing when he transformed in the Deculutre version (I don't like how it this bgm was started earlier in the broadcast version.. lost some impact imo, wasn't timed as well)

Bugger! I was going to start a Frontier Music thread. Oh well.

I find some of the influences of the music interesting, and not just the pop stuff.

We had the music in episode 6 and 8 that sounded like it escaped from pirates of the Carribean. (When they launched the recon units in Ep 6)

We have Aimo which sounds to me like it has Celtic/Irish origins. (Anybody else hear that or is it just me?)

Infinity reminds me of the music of Evanescence. (I hate the band, but I like the Infinity song) I think its the heavy guitar instumentation combined with Sheryl's "raven" look when she was doing the song.

The music I like best though is the stuff playing after the opening titles of episode two. They also played a variation on this theme when they were loading up the Macross in episode 6. Great stuff.

To be honest, I have been enjoying all of the music of this series so far. Brilliant stuff.

Anybody else hear any interesting influences in the music?

Taksraven