Macross Frontier Episode 8 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 8 rating  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 8 Rating

• Positive (Sheryl's panties! tee hee)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl's panties and Ranka's "magical bump" are REAL turnoffs)

Welcome to the Macross Frontier Episode 8 Talkback Thread

Previous Episode threads:

Episode 2: "Hard Chase"

Episode 3: "On Your Marks" + Opening Theme "Triangler"

Episode 4: "Miss Macross" + Opening Theme "Triangler"

Episode 5: "Star Date" + Ending Theme "Diamond Crevasse"

Episode 6: "Bye Bye Sheryl" + Ending Theme "Diamond Crevasse" + "SMS Team Song: That Girl's an Alien" (Macross Radio rip)

Episode 7: "First Attack"

Guidelines:

• Macross Frontier episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum beyond this post. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Veoh.com (formerly Stage6) or related video-sharing or video streaming site links, Rapidshare/Megaupload/etc. links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. We will provide download locations for you. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to a mod if you have a file sharing link that is not listed and it will be added within 24 hours or send Boinger a PM with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk to the Mecha Thread and news for the News Thread. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers (i.e. rumors or magazine scans of future episodes) for the News thread. Previews for the next week's episode are excluded from this rule.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).
  • Please use spoiler tags for the first 12-hours after an episode airs.
  • For summaries and screenshots, please check out Random Curiosity's Anime Blog (Please remember, no image linking from that blog. Text links only.) :)

Availability

• Raw: Available: 1280x720 DivX6.8.2​ AVI, 704x396 DivX 6.8.2 AVI, 1440x1080 16:9 H264 AAC MP4
  • Subtitled: Chinese: [FREEWIND]840x480 RMVB ,English:[GG] MKV, [AiA-IZ] MP4, [Gattai] 1280x720 MKV, [Lunar] 1280x720 MKV, 704x400 AVI, [shinsen] AVI, Spanish: [WZF] MP4

Episode download links

General sites (Raws and subtitled, but mostly Raws)

Subtitled versions

Other

Thread and poll opens at 12:25PM EST/9:25AM PST (25:25 JST)

Couple notes:

-Keyhole TV and TVU Player neat little programs for watching Japanese (or international) programming streamed live. Yes, LIVE. You can watch your favorite anime (like Macross Frontier), drama, or variety show as it airs in Japan (or in some other country).

A few things though, video and audio can be choppy depending on your net connection (faster is better) and whoever is streaming the video. These factors are things we, as users, may not have much control over. If you want quality and HD goodness, wait for the raws to show up. wolfx has started a thread for Keyhole TV here. If you have any problems with Keyhole or TVU Player, please post in that thread. Episode discussion goes in the episode discussion threads. Issues with Keyhole or TVU go in that thread.

-Please remember to use spoiler tags for the first 12 hours. Not everyone can watch it live and good raws may take a while (as we saw with episode 7).

-I will only list the last 5 or 6 episode threads. Unfortunately, we do have to move on. If you are looking for an previous episode thread, just follow the links in the first post and you will find the appropriate thread.

Found it on Keyhole, am watching now, thanks Morpheus. EDIT: Thanks to Wolfx too, I forgot you provided the program, I'm getting people mixed up, lol.

Its a... carrot song... well, they never said what kind of song work Vector Stone company did I guess.

Edited by Master Dex

It would seem this episode, rather than ep.5 is the anime version of manga chap. 3 (or is it 4?). I wonder if we'll see the VF-1J? Well... just have to wait and see I guess, heheh.

Edited by Master Dex

I did not see the preview to next week's episode after the ending credits.... wierd...

Edit... nevermind... saw it after some commercials... at least we'll have some action next week.

Edited by BlueMax

The VF-1 is in hikaru's DYRL colors!

Yeah I noticed that too, but it just sits there, no VF-1 flying in the anime. From the looks of the preview for ep.9 we will see some action again next week, looking forward to that. Also looks like Ranka will me meeting our mystery Brera Stern seeing as he showed himself at the end of todays ep. That harmonica must be his signature thing.

When I saw that second image during the show I had to think, what is Luca imagining, Alto's punishment or something worse?

This episode is refreshing somehow, even when

the animation quality took a free dive lol.

Ok, got to sleep now, I'm waiting for the HD raw in the morning, and probably over 10 pages on this thread :lol:

Edited by Morpheus

This episode was pretty much a filler, but I can let it go. It did show us that

Ranka is now at Mihoshi and Sheryl can never be allowed to touch X-Gear. And it set up that Ranka and Brera Stern will be knowing eachother

I don't think anyone can argue in this case.... clear as day.

Yeh well, the budget was spent on episode 7. Quit ya whining. :lol:

Plenty of side boob this week. I sense nothing but jokes and innuendo in this week's discussion

I don't think anyone can argue in this case.... clear as day.

Graham can. :lol:

I didn't like how they

depicted Sheryl like she was such a dumb blonde this episode. Sigh.

:(

And looks like Brera might play the role of "mysterious transfer student"

Klan apparently gets injured and shot by a VF-27 next ep.

Plenty of side boob this week. I sense nothing but jokes and innuendo in this week's discussion

I can only imagine. :rolleyes:

Brace for impact. I got a flight to catch tomorrow and i got only 3 hours of sleep. Thanks alot Frontier. Goodnite all!

Great, I can just imagine the nitpickers talking about nothing but the animation quality this week. <_< *sigh*

YAY!!! Chibi-Klan looks good in the next episode!! :D

Perhaps we should steer the conversation into talking about the next episode preview :rolleyes: . Then we avoid hearing why the animation wasn't very good this time.

Great, I can just imagine the nitpickers talking about nothing but the animation quality this week. <_< *sigh*

YAY!!! Chibi-Klan looks good in the next episode!! :D

Maybe we should call her "Yoyo Klan", considering this is the second time in less than 10 eps she will have shrunk herself... :rolleyes:

Of course, everyone who complains about animation quality have to show that they can draw 36000 frames in one week and that every single one is perfect in every way.

Yes... that sounds like a good compromise indeed.

Most likely, for ep.7 we didn't get a good raw until Friday (USA time) after the episode was re-aired. So we may have to wait till tomorrow to get a good copy.

Ah... the wait begins again... looks like its gonna be a while for the raws to pop up again. The guys who were arrested last week were probably responsible for sharing it in the first place.

Not necessarily. They were responsible for a bulk load of anime shows, but the major groups releasing Macross F are still out there.

They may be a bit more careful now and thus not quite so quick to release for fear of drawing undue attention to themselves...

Not necessarily. They were responsible for a bulk load of anime shows, but the major groups releasing Macross F are still out there.

They may be a bit more careful now and thus not quite so quick to release for fear of drawing undue attention to themselves...

All I see is NicoVideo FLVs of some of the other shows that came on today. Things will probably be slow for the time being. Good thing it was a filler ep this week.

It was a fun episode, a lot like some generic high school drama anime but still fun. I don't see anything wrong with animation, it's a different style but nothing like Aquarion ep 18, Samaurai 7 ep 7 or Gurren Lagann ep 4.

Ranka being ignored by Alto again breaks my heart. T_T