Remake of da Fly......

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15239/cro...-new-fly-remake

What always annoyed me about cronenbergs version was that the end result did not look like a fly. It did look like a fly in the original.

Taksraven

Yay! Kill Bill 3 coming at us in 2014 apparently, my wife read it on a russian news site, Quinton had an interview with an italian interviewer or something, but damn happy days for me. Uma wants a few years to get into shape maybe that's why the late date, also mentioned something about Bill probably won't be in it (duh but interesting), so i'll call it like a thought since no.2 Kill Bill 3 will all be about her going up against the now fully blind but still dangerous Elle and the deceased Copperhead's daughter either trained up by Elle or the seemingly dead Bill eh? Too bad Bill is "really dead". I wonder if BB will be bad ass?

http://perezhilton.com/2009-10-01-tarantin...lks-kill-bill-3 found a link.

Yes i want this movie made, despite the negative feeling of this thread intended, and i guess it's sorely a remake interest thread, just didn't want to create a new thread about my beloved KIll Bill fandom. :D someone else can!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hachiko: A Dog's Tale

Guess we should be glad they haven't tried Battle Royale yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

They tried

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111794487...yid=13&cs=1

But then Virginia Tech happened and, well, you know how sensitive people are. If United 93 is anything to go by, I guess they'll restart production in 2012 or something, maybe earlier if they run out of things to remake.

I hate this current trend of remakes… First off, half these movies and TV shows they’re remaking were in their own way classics and don’t need to be remade because they’re just fine they way they are…they don’t need to be “reinterpreted” or “improved on”…

And I wonder, if all that Hollywood can do is remake past productions…what the hell are they going to have to remake 20 years from now…?

That being said, the trailer for the new Nightmare on Elm Street looks really good. I give that remake a tentative anticipation.

I dunno...the original had probably the smartest screenplay for a slasher film since Halloween, and Wes Craven's New Nightmare was smarter still. I doubt the new one will be able to top either of those.

(One thing the Elm Street series has going for it, though, even in the weakest entries, is a built-in excuse for why slasher-film characters always act so idiotic...they're sleep-deprived! Bingo! Stupidity explained. Makes me much more forgiving whenever anyone does something especially dumb.)

Whoever thought to do a movie remake of The A-Team should really have his head examined.

No one else could play Hannibal Smith like George Peppard did, and there can be only one B.A.-Mr. T.!

For former military men, those guys sure missed wtih their automaic weapons a lot.

One question about the television series though, was Murdock truly mentally unstable in the or was he pulling a Klinger?

Whoever thought to do a movie remake of The A-Team should really have his head examined.

No one else could play Hannibal Smith like George Peppard did, and there can be only one B.A.-Mr. T.!

For former military men, those guys sure missed wtih their automaic weapons a lot.

One question about the television series though, was Murdock truly mentally unstable in the or was he pulling a Klinger?

It was a crappy, crappy TV show. It will be a crappy, crappy movie.

I'm just waiting for someone in Hollywood with balls enough to try remaking Gone with the Wind or Casablanca just to see how loud the outcry to have him blacklisted is. :p If they're going to keep digging up good-to-begin-with movies/TV series (or worse yet, pieces of crap) to butcher (or somehow make even worse), let's see them step up and remake something people keep referring to as "the best movie of all time". I mean if they can turn The Wizard of Oz into The Wiz, or reduce The Day the Earth Stood Still to a green flick starring Keanu freaking Reeves -- who will never be Spike Spiegel if there is a just and loving deity anywhere in Creation -- I want to see what they can get away with doing to so-called classics of cinema.

Edited by Brand