they're remaking Karate Kid?! WTF?! can't people come up with something new anymore?

so I guess in a couple of years we could get a life action adaptation remake of Shrek!! (which is a basicly a fun praody collage of all the fairytales)

Didn't we already have Disaster Movie and its siblings? :huh:

Remake of the 1985 british tv series Edge of Darkness on the way. Starring MEL GIBSON!!! D'OH!!!!

The original series was a total product of the Cold War and the Thatcher era in Britain. God only knows what the Yanks will do with it. (No offence intended to Americans here, of course)

Taksraven

Remake of the 1985 british tv series Edge of Darkness on the way. Starring MEL GIBSON!!! D'OH!!!!

The original series was a total product of the Cold War and the Thatcher era in Britain. God only knows what the Yanks will do with it. (No offence intended to Americans here, of course)

Taksraven

With every remake my hopes of the San Andreas fault severing California into the pacific and making Hollywood the new Atlantis slowly fades.

With every remake my hopes of the San Andreas fault severing California into the pacific and making Hollywood the new Atlantis slowly fades.

Damn, I want to go to Arizona Bay.

Taksraven

...and directed by Martin Campbell, remaking his own miniseries...and co-written by the guy who wrote Kingdom of Heaven and The Departed. Yes, by all means let's poo ourselves. :rolleyes:

The original series was a total product of the Cold War and the Thatcher era in Britain.

REGARDLESS of who is helming, I think that it will be impossible to replicate Cold War paranoia, unless the film is set in the 1980's.

Taksraven

This is interesting, so they are saying WEP owns the animation but not the rights to make spin-off movies and such pretaining to it... this reminds me of something...

I have to admit, that "And I'll form the lawsuits.." line is VERY funny.

Taksraven

Yeah nice one. Really intersted in how a Voltron movi would be like, hope it's nothing like PowerRangers,

Spose they'll make a Zoids live action movie down the track as well? (robotic tigers and the likes...)

Obvious appeal to the youngsters and toy sales.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah nice one. Really intersted in how a Voltron movi would be like, hope it's nothing like PowerRangers,

Spose they'll make a Zoids live action movie down the track as well? (robotic tigers and the likes...)

Obvious appeal to the youngsters and toy sales.

May be one day Hollywood will dream up a kids film that they can make toys from...... Yah I know I'm dreaming that'll never happen.

I know they can only do films to promote toy lines.