When I heard this on the radio yesterday, I literally laughed and applauded at the same time.

Yes the original is a cheesy cult classic.

But c'mon!! It's Sam MuthaF'n' Jackson playing Sho Nuff!! :D

YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!! NOW WHEN I SAY, "WHO'S THE MASTER?", YOU SAY...

"SHO NUFF!!"

:lol:

I dunno, it just seems TOO easy. It's almost like every role Jackson has done in the past 10 years has been inspired by Sho Nuff, especially in the blockbusters. It looks like he's already Sho Nuff, by the look of the Spirit trailers. Besides, the last thing I want in my campy, ridiculous movies is good special effects!

Edited by Kelsain

Man! I just bought my Hot Toys action figure...this means that they're coming out with another 1/6 action figure! wtf?

They'll never match the original Robocop's "rawness".

Just like any marketing, money making machine...always recycling promotions, milking it, milking 'em and squeezing every dollar's worth out of great ideas that worked...showing us these sucky ass unqualified execs and writers/producers who are "hollywood."

They need to remake Stepford Wives again with lots and lots of girls, girls and girls...cuz sex sells...with a lesbian theme kinda thing going.

I guess technically the new (rumored) Cap't America is a remake... but MTV has a story that will smith is being offered the titular role:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080908r.php

Gotta say, I think Will could really pull this off, if it's true. He's got the charisma and the physicality to be able to pull it off. He just needs to bulk up again like he did for Ali

Augh... no, just no. Captain America is one character who's whiteness is essential. Because he WAS the Nazi ideal, a blonde haired, blue eyed example of human perfection. But he was so against everything the Nazi's stood for. Being that he suffered from polio before becoming the Captain and was weak, he had a better understanding of the plight of those who were stepped on by society for thought of as inferior (even in the US).

Making him anything but a blonde-haired blue-eyed, perfect human, ruins the essential irony and commentary of the character.

BOO!

Augh... no, just no. Captain America is one character who's whiteness is essential. Because he WAS the Nazi ideal, a blonde haired, blue eyed example of human perfection. But he was so against everything the Nazi's stood for. Being that he suffered from polio before becoming the Captain and was weak, he had a better understanding of the plight of those who were stepped on by society for thought of as inferior (even in the US).

Making him anything but a blonde-haired blue-eyed, perfect human, ruins the essential irony and commentary of the character.

BOO!

Will may not be Steve Rogers/Captain America. Marvel released an awful miniseries a few years back called Red, White and Truth or something like that and the story was that the FIRST test subject for the Cap.Am. program was an African American Tuskeegee pilot, whos name i forget....according to this storyline, Steve Rogers was the second captain america.

just another fantastic way that marvel rapes continuity.

Will may not be Steve Rogers/Captain America. Marvel released an awful miniseries a few years back called Red, White and Truth or something like that and the story was that the FIRST test subject for the Cap.Am. program was an African American Tuskeegee pilot, whos name i forget....according to this storyline, Steve Rogers was the second captain america.

just another fantastic way that marvel rapes continuity.

Say wha? That's stupid. A black super soldier is fine... but Captain America was the Weapon 1, and he was the test subject for the serum. I calll shennanigans.

Say wha? That's stupid. A black super soldier is fine... but Captain America was the Weapon 1, and he was the test subject for the serum. I calll shennanigans.

it's an interesting idea that mirrors RL events and it would have been an excellent idea as a What-If? title or even as part of the Ultimate continuity.

Spielberg and Will Smith are reportedly interested in reviving the Oldboy remake. I have to say those two are completely wrong for the project, imo. Actually, Oldboy is so damn near perfect I have a hard time accepting any idea of a remake at least so soon and at least when most Americans have never even been exposed to it.

Let Charlize Theron do her Lady Vengeance remake, which I thought was good but a lesser film and much more approachable for mainstream audiences, and then use that to piggy back a theatrical re-release of the original Oldboy.

couldnt agree more. Oldboy is a FANTASTIC movie which does not need to me remade. IMO, Lady Vengeance doesnt either...nor does Sympaty for Mr. Vengeance...which im sure will get remade since it is a part of that trilogy. The Korean Revenge trilogy is probably my favorite trilogy ever.

Look what the US did to Bangkok Dangerous...they ruined it....the original was great.

I hate remakes.

If anyone from holywood is reading this, we need a remake of the Abyss and Blues Brothers. Oh a total remake of Star wars Ep.4-6 would also be appreciated. Lastly, Will Smith in another over the top annoying action movie that no one understands would be nice too.

Corrected for spelling. ;):p

Agk! Baka gaijin.

Just saw The Thing on TV and thought this needs a remake with Cloverfield shakycam and such, then read about Ronald D. Moore already being involved in the work. Guess it was even mentioned in this thread. Is it true that (oh noes!) Natalie Portman was cast for this?

Agk! Baka gaijin.

Just saw The Thing on TV and thought this needs a remake with Cloverfield shakycam and such, then read about Ronald D. Moore already being involved in the work. Guess it was even mentioned in this thread. Is it true that (oh noes!) Natalie Portman was cast for this?

Enh, forgot the Thing. How about a remake of Cloverfield?

couldnt agree more. Oldboy is a FANTASTIC movie which does not need to me remade. IMO, Lady Vengeance doesnt either...nor does Sympaty for Mr. Vengeance...which im sure will get remade since it is a part of that trilogy. The Korean Revenge trilogy is probably my favorite trilogy ever.

Look what the US did to Bangkok Dangerous...they ruined it....the original was great.

I hate remakes.

I just don't even see how they can make Oldboy in our (American) setting, much less how awesome it was. Why can't they just make a new movie? Those aren't that hard!

Only if they bring back the "You're the best around" song with it

I don't need a rap remake of that...well I'll go with speed metal. You know let Tool do the cover. ^_^