• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, azrael said:

'Only good clown is a dead one. It does look creepier than the Tim Curry-version.

I am SOOOO very excited for this. The original TV special was okay, but Curry is literally the only thing that has stood up to time, everything else ranges from bad to laughably terrible, effects, acting, script, all of it was terribad. I can't wait for this, plus the kid that played Jerome/Joker on Gotham is the new Penny-Wise, works for me, that kid put on a pretty decent Joker.

Edited by Tking22

Just watched the trailer. Man, fictional kid murder is one of things that changes in life. When you're young, it brings the thrill of being close to you, makes you feel imperiled alongside the characters. When you're older and have your own little kids, OMG makeitstopineedtogohugmylittleboyrightnow!!

Interesting in how the trailer seems to be focused on the young portion of the story. I wonder if they'll follow up with the adult portion after a couple years.

1 hour ago, Kelsain said:

Interesting in how the trailer seems to be focused on the young portion of the story. I wonder if they'll follow up with the adult portion after a couple years.

It's suppose to be 2 movies (2nd movie hasn't been confirmed yet). One for when they were kids and the 2nd movie for when they're adults coming back to Derry, or same as the TV miniseries.

9 hours ago, big F said:

Finally a remake that WILL work :) no questions asked .

I recently tried to watch the miniseries and it was very bad and very dated.  Turned it off after just a half hour or so.  Long story short - I wholeheartedly agree.

16 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

I recently tried to watch the miniseries and it was very bad and very dated.  Turned it off after just a half hour or so.  Long story short - I wholeheartedly agree.

Same here, it was on IFC about two years ago and I felt it was dated too, told myself it would be nice to see a remake someday.... and here we go! 

I went to Jr. High with Jonathan Brandis who was in the original series, he was really excited to work on it. So I guess just for that I still enjoy the original series a bit. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, azrael said:

‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ TV Reboot in Development From Joss Whedon, Monica Owusu-Breen

latest?cb=20141007100156

7 seasons of Buffy was enough from Whedon and he wants to do...more?

If the quality of the writing is up to snuff, at least we'll have a new fountain of snark.

38 minutes ago, azrael said:

‘Buffy the Vampire Slayaler’ TV Reboot in Development From Joss Whedon, Monica Owusu-Breen

latest?cb=20141007100156

7 seasons of Buffy was enough from Whedon and he wants to do...more?

Only if they bring back Sarah Michelle and then brutally kill her off mid season in a non-resurrectable way to help permanently establish the main character

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2018 at 12:31 AM, kalvasflam said:

Only if they bring back Sarah Michelle and then brutally kill her off mid season in a non-resurrectable way to help permanently establish the main character

They literally activated ALL the potential slayers. Just pick a new one and run with it!

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...