Tired of Yamato toy complaints on the forum?

physioguy

Yamato QC and other complaints  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you tired of reading Yamato complaints on the MW Forums?

• Yes, it makes MW less enjoyable
    • No, it is informative and doesn't phase me
  2. 2. Overall, are you happy with Yamato and their Macross toy production??

• Yes
    • Undecided
    • No

i don't mind whats being posted, the bitch!n is funny, sometimes its extreme, but i don't care one way or the other as long as its somewhat constructive and on topic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

the thing thats been bothering me lately is having to sift through pages of pointless posts that are posted for the sake of posting. i feel some of the newer members are using the forum to toss in their not-even-on-topic 2cents and/or not-so-whitty banter in every single thread that comes up. its cool every once in a while but i come here to check whats going on in the world of macross, not to read unneeded replies to stupid off topic posts that go on for pages. its annoys me but its not the end of the world. :mellow:

the thing thats been bothering me lately is having to sift through pages of pointless posts that are posted for the sake of posting. i feel some of the newer members are using the forum to toss in their not-even-on-topic 2cents and/or not-so-whitty banter in every single thread that comes up.

I hear that... sometimes I get the feeling members post just to inflate thier number of posts.

Although it is sometimes annoying for me to read people going on and on with complaints about Yamato Macross figures, some of the information is very helpful and have helped me to make better purchasing decisions. The whole issue with the VF-0 shoulders and the eventual fix helped me decide which version to get. Overall I am very happy with Yamato's Macross figures as they are literally a dream come true!

I only have 3 Yamatos, but up to now, all are great, so I'm very happy with them.

As for the complaints, they don't pose a problem to me as long as it's not plain Yamato bashing for the sake of it.

I endure the over reactions, obsession with minutiae and generally raging fanboy-isms knowing that there is some useful criticism and worth while advice if one can filter through all the crap. Ideally, I'd want only serious criticism that actually has some merit to be posted on the forums, but outside of this ideal (which likely can never be) I'd rather put up with the worst silliness than to have no constructive criticism at all.

I own several Yamatos and I'm happy with them. I also intend to buy that new VF-1 1/60 scale. However, the VF-0 shoulder debacle was worth knowing about. Yamato fumbled the ball on that one and I'm glad I stayed far away.

--Personal Opinion and Not (Necessarily) Official Staff Position--

I think there's a distinction between opinions that stay isolated to their individual threads where they are relevant to the topic at-hand, and an overall "campaign of righteous outrage and indignation" that permeates entire forums and sub-forums with the same complaints and "facts" repeatedly.

Nobody is saying that criticizm (even harsh criticizm) of Yamato isn't allowed. It just needs to take place in threads about Yamato's products. Preferably those products that actually have issues.

Unfortunately, I don't think this poll accurately reflects the situation. It's a shame there wasn't an answer for: "I wouldn't mind the complaints if they were in their proper threads."

As for my personal responses to the poll. . . Abstaining on the first one for the reasons above. But I've generally been thrilled with my Yamato products. Which has mostly consisted of 1/48 VF-1 models.

I dont come to the toy boards often as I use to due to so much useless subjective criticisms in the past though it looks it has subsided due to less releases from Yamato. Pppl here were complaining for the sake of complaining. Constructive criticisms is fine and dandy like the VF-0 Arms falling apart or Yamato putting on two right arms on the VF-1. But man, did ppl b!tch like their vaginas had a yeast infection... They went on and on and on like a broken record about not anime correct or their childhood was raped. Ok, we got the point. STFU.

But if you said [enter macross yamato product] wasnt that bad or your problem with the product is so subjective, ppl would pounce on you like a dog humping your leg, saying you are a Yamato fanboy in which you see Yamato does no wrong and continue till you got tired of arguing with childish adults. They feel they are clearly in the right and argue to the point they look like spoiled brats. Opinions are like a$$holes: everyone has one but for heaven's sake dont act like one.

I understand that you bought an expensive item and it is isnt to your expectations. Unfortunately you may not be able to take it back for refund. Yes you have the right to complain but hell, stop beating a dead horse. You made your point now move on. All you can hope for is that Yamato listen or for that matter any company will listen and then improve the next release. When you complain till the cows come home, your point gets lost. If you are so upset with the product, it is simple, dont buy the goddamn thing or future releases. Really. Follow the rule of 1st time shame on them, 2nd time shame on me. "But they are the only ones that make such and such toy so they make us buy it." It sounds like: "WAH, my pussy hurts." BULLSH!T! Stop making excuses. No one made you buy it a second time. You want to make an impact, it is simple: affect their bottom line i.e. do not buy it. They are in it to make the money, plain and simple.

I digress... I find complaints are useful when it is constructive and objective. It helps me make my decision in buying anything. However, when subjectivity comes in to play, I ignore it but it downright annoying trying to find it in a sea of BS complaints.

As for yamato, I am satisfied. Yes my Yammies aint perfect. Nothing is broke so far and I am getting rid ones that have design issues.

I dont come to the toy boards often as I use to due to so much useless subjective criticisms in the past though it looks it has subsided due to less releases from Yamato. Pppl here were complaining for the sake of complaining. Constructive criticisms is fine and dandy like the VF-0 Arms falling apart or Yamato putting on two right arms on the VF-1. But man, did ppl b!tch like their vaginas had a yeast infection... They went on and on and on like a broken record about not anime correct or their childhood was raped. Ok, we got the point. STFU.

But if you said [enter macross yamato product] wasnt that bad or your problem with the product is so subjective, ppl would pounce on you like a dog humping your leg, saying you are a Yamato fanboy in which you see Yamato does no wrong and continue till you got tired of arguing with childish adults. They feel they are clearly in the right and argue to the point they look like spoiled brats. Opinions are like a$holes: everyone has one but for heaven's sake dont act like one.

I understand that you bought an expensive item and it is isnt to your expectations. Unfortunately you may not be able to take it back for refund. Yes you have the right to complain but hell, stop beating a dead horse. You made your point now move on. All you can hope for is that Yamato listen or for that matter any company will listen and then improve the next release. When you complain till the cows come home, your point gets lost. If you are so upset with the product, it is simple, dont buy the goddamn thing or future releases. Really. Follow the rule of 1st time shame on them, 2nd time shame on me. "But they are the only ones that make such and such toy so they make us buy it." It sounds like: "WAH, my pussy hurts." BULLSH!T! Stop making excuses. No one made you buy it a second time. You want to make an impact, it is simple: affect their bottom line i.e. do not buy it. They are in it to make the money, plain and simple.

I digress... I find complaints are useful when it is constructive and objective. It helps me make my decision in buying anything. However, when subjectivity comes in to play, I ignore it but it downright annoying trying to find it in a sea of BS complaints.

As for yamato, I am satisfied. Yes my Yammies aint perfect. Nothing is broke so far and I am getting rid ones that have design issues.

:lol::lol::lol: GREAT post! I love it! Don't forget the other a$$hole saying though. Opinons are like a$$holes...everyone has one and they all stink.

:ph34r:

Complaints are a part of life as much as water is.

Everyone partakes in it to some extent and unfortunately many fill theirs with blind bitchy rage rather than logical arguments, and some do so at a higher frequency than others.

Everyone has tipped that balance between logic and emotion in favor of the latter and again... some more often than others.

The thing is, just as some people here are blindly opinionated against Yamato, likewise, there are some people here that are blindly opinionated just the same against an opposing opinion.

Since everything is written and saved in forums, passing complaints that would in the real world only last as long as the breath of air that was used to utter them, linger longer and are heard by more people.

The choice is always there and far easier to take to completely ignore posts that you discern is going in a direction that to some, is beating a dead friggin horse.

The funny thing is... so many of us choose not to.

Edited by Nani?!

how about, opinions are like a$holes, no one really thinks about theirs unless it starts to hurt. :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol: That's a good one. I'll remember that one.

Since everything is written and saved in forums, passing complaints that would in the real world only last as long as the breath of air that was used to utter them, linger longer and are heard by more people.

That's just beautiful man, sheer poetry. The quote of the fncking century!

You mind if I use that in my sig?

Edited by Dante74

FYI, it's 'faze' you're looking for. :lol:

I think the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 toys are amongst the best adult collector-toys that've been made. I just wish all their stuff would live up to that high standard. The warnings about the faulty products on this forum have been VERY valuable to me, I always check the MW forums before buying a Yamato toy that's been out for a while.

But if you said [enter macross yamato product] wasnt that bad or your problem with the product is so subjective, ppl would pounce on you like a dog humping your leg, saying you are a Yamato fanboy in which you see Yamato does no wrong and continue till you got tired of arguing with childish adults. They feel they are clearly in the right and argue to the point they look like spoiled brats. Opinions are like a$$holes: everyone has one but for heaven's sake dont act like one.

LOL very good post, im assuming this thread was started because of my recent argument with beware of blast earlier or similar arguments that have happened frequently about yamato in past threads... Hey I like to hear peoples opinions on things, especially when its fanboyish or one sided I find it humorous to say the least.

I also think that it makes the forums somewhat more interesting, hey part of the joy of forums is the anonymity of the user and his stating of opinion on a particular topic. If everyone agreed on everything all the time I think things would get pretty boring and wed have alot less to talk or argue about IMO. It only starts getting annoying when things are brought up over and over again and people argue just for the sake of argueing then it becomes a problem.

Edited by transfan52

I think the complaining is correct when it comes to defective toys such as the 1st version of the vf-0s, and probably the first version of all yamato toys, which should clearly indicate wait for second version if you cant afford it.

Now that said, Silverdragon is making a fix for the arm of the vf-0, and its only 10$, so you can get your vf-0a if it is cheap, but DONT get the vf-0s first version, unless you plan on keeping it plane mode, like me. Honnestly though, my favorate toys are Yamato 1/48 (vf-1s) and vf-0a (and even better with the boosters). I also LOVE the 25th aniversary toys, they are both spectacular, and totally disagreed with the criticism just for the "excaliver" writing, though it does show that Yamato doesnt care, as it was spotted early on.

Now all that said, i do feel people sometimes jump to very great conclusion with very little hard facts, or are disapointed with very small things. Then others have very valid points, and i must say i totaly agree with many of those from Beware of Blast.

Finally, i conclude that i am waiting for second/third version (with all the fixes) of the 1/60th yf-21 and vf-11 from Yamato, and if i honnestly had the money and space, i would have gotten every 1/48th, specially the angelbird, as that is the best toy ever.

Opinions are like a$holes, everyone has one (and loves to share them with everyone)???? :lol:

Sorry, That was just stupid...

Not stupid.....it's true. ;)

Voted No on informative and yes, satisfied. Some of the guys get a little annoying with their repetiveness, but I have a mental filter for them. ;)

I have 5 x 1/60 VF-1, 1 x 1/60 YF-19FP, 3 x 1/48 VF-1,1 x 1/72 YF-21FP, and 1/72 VF-19A

Edited by Uxi

Thanks for all the votes and opinions.

This has been very informative for me, as I've discovered we are fairly evenly divided on this. I can (and do) filter through the repetitive complining to find good info and original insight, but I do find it tiresome. And I voted "yes, I'm happy with Yamato overall".

And great last post by transfan

There are people who like to complain Yamato QC, and there are those who like to complain people whom like to complain Yamato QC...is all the same...is call forum...

As long as the complaining is constructive and leads to improvement, wether it's the toy company or home remedy, it is welcomed to my ears.

The only time I'm bothered by it is when lazy folks who don't read the previous posts tend to re-address the same issues. Over, and over, and over... <_<

i like yamato toys because they are big and detailed. those threads/posts about weak yamato parts help me avoid the same mistakes that they did to their toys. if they say the arms are weak and fragile, then i'll be careful on handling the arms. if they say the control panel on VF 0S get broken on most toys, then i wont push on it and push on the pilot instead.

There are people who like to complain Yamato QC, and there are those who like to complain people whom like to complain Yamato QC...is all the same...is call forum...

My feelings exactly. Really, for every one guy with a Yamato complaint, there are five guys that shout him down with crap like "if you don't like it, don't buy it (but by all means don't make constructive criticism)" or "Hah hah, it's just a toy you loser. Be a baller and shell out $200 unconditionally" or "How dare you, Yamato died for our sins." The fact that this thread is only about Yamato complaints really highlights the overall bias in favor of Yamato on this forum. Why is nobody tired of Bandai or Toynami complaints?

It's really the complaining about complaining that bugs me. Commiserating with fellow fans about f*ck-ups on the toys you really want to love is understandable. Jumping down your fellow fan's throat for wanting to commiserate is unfathomable.

My feelings exactly. Really, for every one guy with a Yamato complaint, there are five guys that shout him down with crap like "if you don't like it, don't buy it (but by all means don't make constructive criticism)" or "Hah hah, it's just a toy you loser. Be a baller and shell out $200 unconditionally" or "How dare you, Yamato died for our sins."

lol! You forgot the tired and old "Don't complain about it unless you can do better." :D

I don't mind the crapping on yamato, as long as it's based on something tangible and fair. To me, fair is not taking an isolated incident and trying to turn it into a catastrophe.

Nor do I appreciate being attacked personally because my tolerance for yamato products happens to be greater than some others.

Just to be clear, I think Yamato is a good company that tries hard to make great products. Their strengths are their ingenuity and dedication to accuracy. Their products seem to get better, too. They do have QC issues, which doesn't make them bad people. Maybe they're willing to accept some QC issues so they can focus their resources on sculpt and design.

As for complaining, I'm a critical person by nature and it's fun to be a critic, to tear apart things like movies or video games or toys, to decide what sucks about them. But let's say we're talking about a $150+ product that I'm considering for purchase. And let's further imagine this product is a replica of a design that I have an unhealthy fascination of, a love for if you will, based on childhood nostalgia. Let's also say that this is likely to my only chance in the next 20 years to have a decent representation of my beloved childhood toy. If the product has problems that ruin my ability to enjoy it, of course I'm not going to buy it. Buying it won't make me happy, especially at the high price. But not buying it doesn't make me happy. Seeing my opportunity ruined by poor design or poor QC doesn't make me happy. It actually really sucks. The only thing that can make me feel better is commiserating.

So when people do complain -- and this is directed at the community at large -- try not to be a jerk about it. Don't ridicule them for worrying so much about a toy. If it's just a toy, then you shouldn't get so butt-hurt about the complaints. If it's just a toy, spending thousands of dollars on repaints doesn't somehow make you more mature than the people who are critical of it and pass.

Also, if you really are tired of complaints, don't respond to them. One sure fire way to instigate more complaints is to dog-pile a guy who is annoyed about perceived flaws in a favorite childhood design. Just let the guy vent for the love of Jebus. Disagree, but don't deny him his grievances. The guy's upset because he really wanted to love and purchase a great toy. Show some empathy.

Obviously, complaining in the wrong thread is stupid and annoying. Going on and on about a complaint is annoying, but honestly, it's usually caused by the people who aggressively harass and deny the complainer.

Edited by danth

i guess its only natural for anyone to rant/feel angry if he thinks that his yamato toy did not give them their money's worth. it is a pricey toy. this is a macross forum. now dont you think its only natural for someone to rant about macross toys in a macross forum.