Happiness is...two sleeves full of sharp lethal blades!!!

EXO

Big fat YAAAAWN to the second episode... yeah... this anime is a way censored version of the story, plus all the fight scenes are cut down to a few quick slashes... where they airing this in Japan? The Japanese Nickelodeon?

I wonder if there is a secondary version like they had for witchblade. I just think that they could have capitalized on a series that sells extremely well in Japan. Maybe the violence will become more intense in later episodes.

Kinda underwhelmed. Everything was fine except for the fact that there wasn't any fighting... all the fight scenes were the old "let's move in on each other" and cut to dramatic poses at the end. Hopefully this isn't how the entire series is gonna be, but if so... I can't watch. It seem that they did it more to censor violence than as an artistic thing.

Manji's sister was cut in half in the comic book but here she just falls to his arms.

Just think of this as the Gundam of samurai anime.

Nevermind to my last question I found out Kesenai fansubs is working on the series. From what I have watched they are pretty solid.

Really? I hate them, The subbing seems decent but their releases are so heavily filtered, I feel likeI'm watching a VHS tape.

I turn up my brightness cause they do make it really dark. I haven't seen anyone else though doing it yet anyway.

true, stuck with them, but I'm not that impressed by the show, i'll probably stop watching it if it doesn't get better real quick. meh story + awful looking encodes = drop.

true, stuck with them, but I'm not that impressed by the show, i'll probably stop watching it if it doesn't get better real quick. meh story + awful looking encodes = drop.

And that is the sad thing the manga is so amazingly well written and drawn but the anime has the wrong pacing. It could just be that at the moment trying to establish story. I hope that the pacing improves and the violence level is on the weak side as well.

You can't have a BotI anime without the violence and all of the manga. A bit of it is core to the story, such as what happens with Hyakurin and the series of events at the castle and the prisoners for a "special project."

Not to mention Manji gets cut up good at certain points, as well as dicing up some other poor sap. Some of his fights get really, really messy :ph34r:

You can't have a BotI anime without the violence and all of the manga. A bit of it is core to the story, such as what happens with Hyakurin and the series of events at the castle and the prisoners for a "special project."

Not to mention Manji gets cut up good at certain points, as well as dicing up some other poor sap. Some of his fights get really, really messy :ph34r:

For me, it's all about making Rin believable and sympathetic... I thought the anime has sofar failed completely in that regard. some of it has to do with not really showing the violence done to her family.