Going to Japan

Hey everyone, I'll be in Japan from June 15th-29th. Not a long stay to see a whole country to be sure. My girlfriend has no idea I run a website for Robotech toys, in fact, she invited me to Japan because her little brother is there doing a semester abroad. Her only clue that I even know of anime is the fact I sat her down to watch Do You Remember Love? once telling her it was "an awesome import movie from the 80s." We fly into Osaka (the 16th) for two nights, visit Miyajima for one night, Koyasan for one night, then go back to Osaka for one night, Kyoto for 2 or 3 nights, and move onto Tokyo until we leave on the 29th. Anyway, if there are any members in Japan during these dates I think it'd be fun to make the girlfriend aware of my anime-craze by introducing her to people there and taking her Macross shopping in between all our shrine visiting. Since we're spending most our time in Tokyo that'd be best. Of course, any advice on visiting Japan is welcome!

If this is too self-gratifying I will totally understand if the thread gets locked down.

Hey everyone, I'll be in Japan from June 15th-29th. Not a long stay to see a whole country to be sure. My girlfriend has no idea I run a website for Robotech toys, in fact, she invited me to Japan because her little brother is there doing a semester abroad. Her only clue that I even know of anime is the fact I sat her down to watch Do You Remember Love? once telling her it was "an awesome import movie from the 80s." We fly into Osaka (the 16th) for two nights, visit Miyajima for one night, Koyasan for one night, then go back to Osaka for one night, Kyoto for 2 or 3 nights, and move onto Tokyo until we leave on the 29th. Anyway, if there are any members in Japan during these dates I think it'd be fun to make the girlfriend aware of my anime-craze by introducing her to people there and taking her Macross shopping in between all our shrine visiting. Since we're spending most our time in Tokyo that'd be best. Of course, any advice on visiting Japan is welcome!

If this is too self-gratifying I will totally understand if the thread gets locked down.

Not self-gratifying at all you lucky dog! I know I'd be trying to hook up with members too if I granted the same opportunity. Post this in the "where to shop in Japan" thread and I think you'll have more luck. I know Save even offers members a place to crash, but I don't think you are going to have that problem. Have fun man, and errrr-ummm...if my funds go as planned, will you accept some cash to pick me up a Weathered Roy too?

:D

OO