Macross Frontier S.M.S - what does it stands for ?

vanpang

:lol::lol::lol: What color are Nanases panties anyways?!? :huh:

:ph34r:

I've a feeling that Gubaba knows, but isn't telling.

As for Speed. Miracle. Spacy, maybe that's what SK originally wanted, but was shot down by everyone else.

Edited by d3v

SMS is bossed by that creepy Protodeviln-like paraplegic dude in a wheelchair. What are his motives for running such an organization? To gain the full legacy of the ProtoCulture? To what end? To perpetuate the power & resource struggle that fuels meaningless wars within civilizations? (Well that seems more like Leon Mishima's cup of tea). Or is it to protect a certain type of person that can gain favor & access with whatever entity the Protoculture has become?

SAVE the MINMAY SOUL?

SMS is bossed by that creepy Protodeviln-like paraplegic dude in a wheelchair. What are his motives for running such an organization? To gain the full legacy of the ProtoCulture? To what end? To perpetuate the power & resource struggle that fuels meaningless wars within civilizations? (Well that seems more like Leon Mishima's cup of tea). Or is it to protect a certain type of person that can gain favor & access with whatever entity the Protoculture has become?

SAVE the MINMAY SOUL?

HUH? :blink: What's a Minmay soul and why does it need to be saved...? And what's Protodeviln-like about Birla? I haven't heard him say ANYTHING about "the Beauty of Destruction" yet...

HUH? :blink: What's a Minmay soul and why does it need to be saved...? And what's Protodeviln-like about Birla? I haven't heard him say ANYTHING about "the Beauty of Destruction" yet...

'Minmay Soul' is a singer-persona integral to the elements driving a Macross story. Lynn Minmay's singing saved the Zjentolhauean from becoming mindless drones forever drawn to war. Myung Fang Lone's quiet song saved Isamu from losing his sanity in Sharon Apple's music. Basara & Milene sang their throats dry to pacify the Spiritia hunger of the Protodeviln. Mao Nome sang to save Shin from plunging his harmonic-sensitive OverTech craft into the sea. In Frontier, President Glass specifically ensures the safety of the singer Sheryl Nome who we all surmise as the last living relative of the Nome sisters. I suppose you understand why such a person must be protected? The singer has always been integral to the resolution of a conflict. Now I'm beginning to think small furry green alien squirrels endowed with giant killing machines are beginning to like them too.

As for Mr. Bilrer, I can only say i have yet to see a micloned giant with an inhuman-looking forehead & right eye. But I have seen a Protodeviln in the Macross 7 show that has such mutant features. I believe he died while singing - saving his beloved Sivil in the process.

Edited by Firefighter Destroid

'Minmay Soul' is a singer-persona integral to the elements driving a Macross story. Lynn Minmay's singing saved the Zjentolhauean from becoming mindless drones forever drawn to war. Myung Fang Lone's quiet song saved Isamu from losing his sanity in Sharon Apple's music. Basara & Milene sang their throats dry to pacify the Spiritia hunger of the Protodeviln. Mao Nome sang to save Shin from plunging his harmonic-sensitive OverTech craft into the sea. In Frontier, President Glass specifically ensures the safety of the singer Sheryl Nome who we all surmise as the last living relative of the Nome sisters. I suppose you understand why such a person must be protected? The singer has always been integral to the resolution of a conflict. Now I'm beginning to think small furry green alien squirrels endowed with giant killing machines are beginning to like them too.

As for Mr. Bilrer, I can only say i have yet to see a micloned giant with an inhuman-looking forehead & right eye. But I have seen a Protodeviln in the Macross 7 show that has such mutant features. I believe he died while singing - saving his beloved Sivil in the process.

Thanks for the explanation. I think it might be something of a stretch to classify ALL the power of song moments in various Macross stories under one overarching title, but I think "Minmay Soul" is a more workable theory than Anima Spirita, so I guess I can accept it.

But Birla is certainly not a Protodeviln...that wasn't Gigil who you saw dying, it was a human who Gigil had possessed. And there's no way that Birla is possessed by a Protodeviln...there are only three of them left, and none of them are a threat to anyone anymore.

none of them are a threat to anyone anymore.

Yep... They

went to another galaxy at the end of Macross 7

Btw...

I've been wondering... Is the skull in Ozma's S.M.S. Skull Squadron Logo an Ox? It doesn't look like one to me... :huh:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

So is the only confirmation from that print page or has it been mentioned in the show yet?

Printed only. I doubt they will mention it except on a screen or something. Just like I doubt they'll mention the VF-25's name except on a screen.