SV-51 models kits in 1:72?

505thAirborne

Hey Guys, since i can not afford the Yamato version of Macross Zero toys, I've decided to build a small armada of the Hasegawa model kits instead, what I was wondering is, did they ever make a series of 1/72 scale SV-51's in Battroid mode? Or just in the fighter mode?

Was hoping to add a few customs Battroid color schemes to the collection. Also, I want to make a 1/72 scale Aircraft Carrier to hold all these guys, I have some plans drawn up, if i can just make room in my garage.... Might be the Auska II or a Nimitz class carrier, depends if I can make the control tower properly.

Happy building to All !!!!

To me the issue would not be with how detail should you make your carrier. Have you even considered the space to haul a 1/72 scale carrier? and the time it would take..you must be a wealthy and retired guy...or have no family responsabilities.

1/72 Battroids can be found on ebay or yahoo japan sites from time to time, they are pro built and expensive. There's no an official model made yet but you can kit-bash them...

Well, for all is worth. good luck on your build...

Edited by 007-vf1

Thanks everyone for the input, especially the pictures of that 1/72 scale Enterprise carrier, very impressive... By the way, last time I saw that carrier and pictures was like back in 1985 in an old Boy scouts magazine I had, since then I always thought it would amazing to have one. Any by no means am I rich or retired, but I figure it will be a hell of a challenge and I always wanted to try it, So I am gonna go for it. Keep you all posted!!!

I don't remember seeing any SV-51 battroids, but that doesn't mean they don't exist :)

And for your 1/72 aircraft carrier, it took this guy 19 years to scratchbuild the USS Enterprise. Maybe start with a hangar? :D

Thanks for the pictures, Its just a loss for words when you see that Carrier, un-frickin real how he did that, But I'll have one some day!! Peace!!!

Thanks for the pictures, Its just a loss for words when you see that Carrier, un-frickin real how he did that, But I'll have one some day!! Peace!!!

I couldn't agree more. After you take in all the detail, time and effort put into it, then think about how much work a SINGLE 1/72 aircraft kit takes to build, and you have a whole new appreciation for what this bloke did. Talk about commitment! I wonder when he last went to the movies... or just plain got out of the house...