Jackie Chan VS Jet Li

I love both of these guys!

And I would definitely put my money of Jackie Chen!

Li is a frightfully great martial artist - but I am hoping that what Jackie Chan demonstrated in Drunken Master can actually be done in real life - there is NO WAY to fight that!

I hate Poland because there are practically NO martial arts movies with Chan or Li available on DVD here... every frackin' time I go to the store in the hopes of finding Drunken Master or anything of the sort - none! none! none!

I miss that film :)

VFTF1

Former Chinese National Grand Champion Full Contact martial artist trained from Shao Lin vs Chinese Opera Acrobat turned martial artist / movie star?

1000 USD on Jet Li.

Forms, not sparring, and he didn't train from Shao Lin. Chinese opera training is harder than learning wushu at a school, look them up. Plus Jackie is almost 10 years older than Jet :p

Forms, not sparring, and he didn't train from Shao Lin. Chinese opera training is harder than learning wushu at a school, look them up. Plus Jackie is almost 10 years older than Jet :p

Yeah. Jet Li's background is wushu, pretty much the 'ballet' of Chinese martial arts. So its more for the eyes than actual practical combat. But given the guy does know his stuff, as well as Jackie Chan, its really hard to tell who can really take down who in real life.

That clip sure is one heck of a fight. ^_^

So its more for the eyes than actual practical combat.

Ummmmmmm........not true........

WuShu = a modern exhibition and full-contact sport based on traditional Chinese martial arts.

:ph34r:

The only things good about this movie are Li BingBing and the fight scenes -in that order. The rest are meh... to preserve a good impression of the show, leave for the loo or smokes when you don't see either one of the two mentioned.

The moment ANYBODY start talking, LEAVE. That's what you get when you have the moolah to be LOTR with an Asian twist, but failed to hire good dialogue coaches and script doctors.

My little gift for those of you who suffered as I did...

post-176-1210922596_thumb.jpg

post-176-1210922647_thumb.jpg

WuShu = a modern exhibition and full-contact sport based on traditional Chinese martial arts.

Sports do not equal actual practical combat experience.

Jackie Chan seems to have a fondness for Wing Chun, which puts him with a more practical skill set in a "real" fight.

Still a dumb argument, though.

Corrected! Forms!

But 15 times National Grand Champion, regardless of age, Jet Li is still faster and the better martial artists.

Wing Chung is nothing to sneeze about. My friend is a 3rd level black belt Si Fu in Wing Chung and could take down a lot of people. Good thing he is a pacifist and in it for "excersize".

If you watch a lot of Jackie's movies, his focus is still based on acrobatics, not combat forms so I don't know how hardcore Jackie is nowadays.

Of course, the real winner would be Bruce Lee if we revive him. ;)

Edited by Neova

Wing Chung is nothing to sneeze about. My friend is a 3rd level black belt Si Fu in Wing Chung and could take down a lot of people. Good thing he is a pacifist and in it for "excersize".

That's kind of funny considering Wing Chun doesn't offer much practical exercise. Which is why you see lots of pot bellied/fatter guys doing Wing Chun that have quick enough arms/legs to take you down regardless.

Wushu is hard to pin it down in the Chinese martial arts as to what it is. I've heard it being used as a blanket term for Chinese martial arts, and also just a Chinese "art," not fighting as such, but moreso, the "form."

If you are more specifically targeting and looking for the more practical Chinese arts, it would be Sanda.

Which, in my mind, is still not practical as someone can win in Sanda by pushing his opponent out of the ring.

Edited by kensei

Bah! All this debating.....Chan, Li....they both kickass!

So now you get this!

:lol::lol::lol: I LOVE Jean Claude.......I REALLY DO!!! I have seen ALL of his movies. I think.

Brigitte was very beautiful during her prime. But I disliked her version of the White haired witch. Maybe it's because they went the way of the Chinese opera makeup on her. When compared, Li Bingbing won hands down on looks alone with that role.

Jet Li and Jackie Chan are really only good fighters on screen. They are entertainers, not fighters. While they both have lots of potential given their current abilities, without training in some form of effective combat (ie. boxing/kickboxing/wrestling/bjj), I wouldn't consider them very capable fighters.

Anyways, between the two, Chan is bigger and probably stronger and more athletic (given the insane stunts and acrobatics that he does). I'd give him the edge based on that.

Age could be a factor for Li though. if we are talking of now now like Chan and Li today.. Chan is heaps fit..

Wonder what they do besides katas (personal training), wether they do some good form of sparring.

Who knows, all we know (well most of us) of their prowess's are their collective movie scenes and stunts.

I'd like to think Chan would take more punishment and go the long haul of the fight, whislt Li do some quick damage and

go for the KO. Li has got more mongrel i think... Love to see a proper fight of these two.

No i don't scamper for any information online, or part of some fanclub for these two so i'm basin what i said on my own stuff. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Jet Li and Jackie Chan are really only good fighters on screen. They are entertainers, not fighters. While they both have lots of potential given their current abilities, without training in some form of effective combat (ie. boxing/kickboxing/wrestling/bjj), I wouldn't consider them very capable fighters.

Anyways, between the two, Chan is bigger and probably stronger and more athletic (given the insane stunts and acrobatics that he does). I'd give him the edge based on that.

Yes they are entertainers, but that certainly doesn't mean that they can't hit or take a hit. The arts you mentioned are also primarily (like most MAs these days) sports. Excellent examples due to full resistance and live training and competition, but styles go out the window when real combat comes in. It's all in the moment. The moment where one person makes a mistake, and the other takes full advantage of it. How it happens (strikes, throws or submissions) is moot. Kung fu is just as dangerous as any other martial art.

The only practical way to find out who is better between Li or Chan would be to put them in a cage match. :p

Edited by kensei

in an all out brawl, training matters very little, it's about who can fight the fastest and dirtiest to take the other one out. IMO, it's all in the mind, who wants to win more?

I fight dirty because I'm going home at the end of my shift.

My DT Instructors have martial arts backgrounds, one mainly does Krav Maga, the other does Isshin Ryu, both are over 6' and more fit than I am; I have no martial arts background whatsoever, but everytime we do DT classes, I take them out quick and dirty. I don't give them time to do any of their martial arts stuff or even their DT stuff, I go in fast, strike hard, take them down, choke'em out. No sweat. It's nice when they put on the redman suits, I don't have to hold back.

I once took out a naked 6'10, 260# marine in a few seconds. Some moron (my partner) threw him at me causing us to fall down, all I could see was his chest, so one hand went down, the other went up, and i choked him in more ways than one. :blink: thankfully I had gloves on.

They teach us to do LVNR on people, but I've never had any luck with it, it takes too long, choking is easiest and quickest, and if you don't want me to choke you out, then don't resist. Our new trainee has a black belt in something, but first time we did DT, I took her out quick and never gave her a chance to get back up.

During our cell extraction training, they kept telling me, NO CHOKING, NO KICKS TO THE HEAD, AND ABOVE ALL, NO CHOKING. Prisoners have rights too even if they are rioting, I said whatever. Then first chance I got when we had a mini-riot, I kicked one right in the head and choked another one out. End of story. End of riot. No long drawn out fights. If only we had tasers...

Most people in the area who know our department won't fight with us, our rep is all pursuits end in our city (if we have to crack up a few police cars, why not, we need new ones anyway), and don't f**k with the guys on second shift or you'll end up in the hospital.

It's all in how you write the report, i.e. Resistant male was directed to hood of my vehicle for his safety and handcuffed (what really happened: grab a**h*le and smash him into the hood to knock the fight out of him, then cuff him).

back on topic,

Chan v. Li

I say DRAW!

I believe some training helps, basically, how to breathe during a fight, how to keep your balance, etc, but that should all be second nature because you can't think about it or you'll lose the fight.

Edited by Chowser