Character Art Appreciation Topic

I hate to say it... but as much as I love Sheryl, I prefer the image of Ranka on the other side of the car - it is far more true to the WW2 noseart style. the Sheryl noseart is harsh and unflattering, bordering on bad pr0n. I actually find that image of her degrading to an extent. chalk it up to the fact that I'm a photographer myself, & that I observe details of the light, shading and expression very closely, IMHO that image makes sheryl look... unappetizing... almost creepy. the positioning of the bullet doesn't help, but the main thing that unsettles me is her expression and the shading around her eyes.

it's interesting that I find the semi-nude pinup of ranka preferable to the fully covered (in lingerie) one of sheryl. but then, I have no issues with nudity or explicit material so long as it's done well. the sheryl noseart on that car was not well done.

for instance, I give you an example of noseart archetypes that I think Sheryl would appreciate:

pinup_decal_28.jpg

and even better:

ab20.jpg

or this:

eog.jpg

and I just found this from a shot of White Knight Two:

virgin4_2.jpg

Edited by Shaka_Z

I hate to say it... but as much as I love Sheryl, I prefer the image of Ranka on the other side of the car - it is far more true to the WW2 noseart style. the Sheryl noseart is harsh and unflattering, bordering on bad pr0n. I actually find that image of her degrading to an extent. chalk it up to the fact that I'm a photographer myself, & that I observe details of the light, shading and expression very closely, IMHO that image makes sheryl look... unappetizing... almost creepy. the positioning of the bullet doesn't help, but the main thing that unsettles me is her expression and the shading around her eyes.

it's interesting that I find the semi-nude pinup of ranka preferable to the fully covered (in lingerie) one of sheryl. but then, I have no issues with nudity or explicit material so long as it's done well. the sheryl noseart on that car was not well done.

You have an impeccable taste for art. B))

for instance, I give you an example of noseart archetypes that I think Sheryl would appreciate:

Actually, one of the images there seems to be the actual basis for the one we see on Canaria's VB-6.

And now for something completely different...

..Vladimir Putin does the KIRA!

What does the kira mean? There's tons of these sparkle-parodies out there. Does Kawamori not realize the evil he's unleased out on the world.

You're fighting me just to fight aren't you? :lol: It's lipstick, bullets don't have a break like that where the tube and lipstick separate :p

no, it's just really a bullet. 7.62x25mm Tokarev to be exact.

I can tell from having shot bullets, and having seen quite a few bullets in my time.

post-4286-1224222798_thumb.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

What does the kira mean? There's tons of these sparkle-parodies out there. Does Kawamori not realize the evil he's unleased out on the world.

Kira is a Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound of sparkles.

no, it's just really a bullet. 7.62x25mm Tokarev to be exact.

I can tell from having shot bullets, and having seen quite a few bullets in my time.

Sorry but even with your lovely graphical description, I still say it's lipstick. :) Lipstick makes more sense with Sheryl.

it doesnt matter anyway, as with that particular image, it's a love/hate thing - for me I definitely dislike the image as it makes sheryl look like she's on crack or something. ipp's B&W pinups of her are much more my taste.

Edited by Shaka_Z

Meh, way too much argument over bullets and lipsticks. IMO, we should focus on more important things, like a certain pair of hopes and dreams, or someone else's despairs and nightmares.

Edited by d3v