Character Art Appreciation Topic

SK did it specifically because he knew it would annoy you. ^_^

"Shipping," as in relationSHIP, is when you try to be matchmaker for your favorite fictional characters. Sometimes people take it to far, like the person who wrote the J.K. Rowling asking how she could ignore the blatant signs that Hermione and Draco were meant to be together. Or (closer to home), people who think the ending of MacF was hastily rewritten to keep the love triangle open.

When you get to that point, it seems more like "wor"-shipping than "relation"-shipping. To me, at least.

actually, i always knew what the concept of "'shipping" meant, but i used to assume that it was short for "worshipping"; as in worshipping a particular character or couple. :p but reading how much some people are so into their coupling, can you blame me for thinking that worSHIP was the key word? :lol:

Ok, did I miss something? All of a sudden people are using this word "shipping" which, when I read the word, I think of UPS or Fed-Ex. :blink: What new definition for "shipping" have you Gen-Y'ers come up with now? :D

Slowpoke is slow. :lol:

Gubaba gave a good desc.

:p I'm not going to try and keep up or learn every single l33t term that you youngin's come up with. Learn the English language first. :D

*waves cane in the air*

"GEROFF MY LAWN, PUNK!"

:lol:

Sums up the theme of the show :rolleyes::lol::lol:

---Pic heavily censored with donkey pics--

Darn, I always said to put NSFW warning on these kind of pic, now I got to purify my eyes again..

ok, time for pics. I don't know if any of these have been posted already, and frankly I don't care. they're new to me and they have put me in a good mood ergo I shall post them.

besides everyone loves mecha shojo

post-4286-1223359538_thumb.jpgpost-4286-1223359545_thumb.jpg

this one's just cute

post-4286-1223359787_thumb.jpg

I find this one funny as hell, and yet very disturbing... and yet slightly erotic... wait, oh god... AGGHH... :wacko:

post-4286-1223359831_thumb.jpg

also, I find the lack of Nene and flight suit Grace disturbing. something must be done about this.

"Frontia"? Jesus. Yet more would-be awesome fan art totally ruined last-minute by stupid spelling mistakes. Should've spent more time in school listening to the teacher instead of doodling away. :lol:

Edit -- Did you purposely misspell "Sheryl" so the artist does not feel so bad? Don't encourage him, man... :p

foreign language, have you considered it?

quick run though google language tools... frontia=frontier in Norwegian and Swedish. there ARE fan's in non-english speaking countries.

edit: F*** YOU GOOGLE AND YOUR CRAPPY TRANSLATOR!

Edited by anime52k8

quick run though google language tools... frontia=frontier in Norwegian and Swedish. there ARE fan's in non-english speaking countries.

:mellow: While I agree with your last sentiment, 'frontia' is certainly not part of Swedish, and I doubt Norwegian as well. It'd become "Frontär" in the former case, but I don't think that's an official word. Instead something dull like "gränsområde" would be used...

Anyway, "Frontia" to me sounds a lot like a japanese person turning the katakana フロンティ ア (Furontia) into roman letters. The person had enough sense to remove the u after the initial F, but didn't know to change the last part into tier and not tia.

Yeah, that'll be it then. 'Scuse me, I'm gonna go and watch some Macross Siete and maybe some Macross Frontera, or perhaps Macross Cero! :lol::wacko:

Well, it takes a strong man to resist being broken by Sa... Alto-hime.

post-8290-1223531031_thumb.jpg

On a different note, is it just me, or do people seem to enjoy having Sheryl ride Alto.

post-8290-1223531213_thumb.jpgpost-8290-1223531300_thumb.jpgpost-8290-1223531353_thumb.jpg

In there defense.Who wouldn't want Sheryl straddling there back? :ph34r:

If you think about it, Alto should has been a female. :wub: What a waste of fine character design. :(

I figure that it was HFH's way of getting modern anime viewers interested in a character who at his core, is pretty much a throwback to the older anime/space opera archetypes.

SMSSong.jpg

Wilder making Meltrans sing the SMS Song that is so wrong.

At least Raramia realizes the lyrics is about guys hitting on Meltrans.

Or she relizes Klan Klan is a terrible singer and can't bare to tell her. LOL

Edited by VF-18S Hornet