Character Art Appreciation Topic

That group picture is so awesome... pretty interesting how they reallytried to include all the incidental characters... that and it takes a lot to do that much. Most fanartists aren't that diligent enough to bother with more than a few characters at a time!

remember too that in most cases, Sheryl's skimpier 'performance' costumes are really holographic projections... so while she is in fact holding her 'assets', what the viewer is seeing are not the aforementioned assets. :ph34r:

lol. let me be clear - I have no doubt that sheryl has the bod to wear that stuff, but you realize how much time it would take to actually do all those different costumes? some of them look pretty complicated.

remember too that in most cases, Sheryl's skimpier 'performance' costumes are really holographic projections... so while she is in fact holding her 'assets', what the viewer is seeing are not the aforementioned assets. :ph34r:

lol. let me be clear - I have no doubt that sheryl has the bod to wear that stuff, but you realize how much time it would take to actually do all those different costumes? some of them look pretty complicated.

the whole holographic outfit thing is a little confusing, it's clearly shown that's what it was in the first episode. but during the second concert the goes off stage for a costume change. and in the final couple episodes, well that's all kind of confusing when you think about it.

Wasn't that pic already posted on this thread? :huh:

Btw... Check this one out...

(The Vajra planet...?)

:huh:

and another thing, this one outfit weirds me out. it's so low cut, it looks like it's covering nothing, and she just doesn't have any nipples.

and another thing, this one outfit weirds me out. it's so low cut, it looks like it's covering nothing, and she just doesn't have any nipples.

simple... the skintight bodysuit she wears as part of the holographic system is covering all the interesting bits. I am actually thinking that holography in Macross has advanced to ST:Voyager levels, where the holographic systems are small enough to wear, and also are able to project a solid image - to an extent - that responds as the real article would. this would also explain why sheryl has to occasionally change outfits - she kills the batteries really fast with those complex outfit designs.

Edited by Shaka_Z

simple... the skintight bodysuit she wears as part of the holographic system is covering all the interesting bits. I am actually thinking that holography in Macross has advanced to ST:Voyager levels, where the holographic systems are small enough to wear, and also are able to project a solid image - to an extent - that responds as the real article would. this would also explain why sheryl has to occasionally change outfits - she kills the batteries really fast with those complex outfit designs.

Well, it could be projected matter reconfigurations. Its possible to create things from the base molecular structures, like cloth. It just takes a lot of patience and attention. Maybe its not a hologram, but a wearable multi-molecular MASER projector, that projects a field of molecules that end up forming clothing.

I dunno, maybe its just anime magic.

Edited by Funkenstein