Name the VF-27...

The 27 is sort of a rival plane to the 25, which was given the petname 'Messiah' attributing it to Ichijo's original Vulkyrie finish & also to the giant-killer Shao Pai Long. For most Christians worldwide, Messiah refers to only one person - the Christ figure Jesus. I'm wondering, though it seems unlikely, the closest rival to Jesus would be his relative John the Baptist. What pseudonyms are associated with this other person? Is there a one that can follow the letters VF-27?

You know, as someone noted here, it's hardly likely the VF-27 is of direct ProtoCulture origin what with the VF designation & all. It's likely to be a MetaCulture fighter built alongside the YF-24s development but within the Macross Galaxy several light minutes away. And the design stylings are strikingly close to the Soviet-made SV-51. As for its more sophisticated avionics, that can be attributed to the Galaxy's more advanced level of OverTech. Who knows, perhaps the original SV-51 designers made it to the 27 development team? And, just imagine if there was an underlying Cold War-like animosity in the Macross F timeline it would be between these two entities labeled Galaxy & Frontier. Each has differing ideologies as the narrator Capt. Wilder, Sheryl & Grace seem to point out.

Okay, that pretty much inspired a stupid name. Here goes:

VF-27 RASPUTIN.

This long-bearded fellow was pretty much admired by the Czar of Russia and his family as a messiah of sorts with mystic powers (like Jeebus).

Here's another inspired by a contemporary movie inspired by the life story of this Russian mystic:

VF-27 HARLEQUIN.

Do the people at Big West ever read stuff we put here, I wonder?

Where would you want to live: Frontier, Galaxy, or Liberty City?

The 27 is sort of a rival plane to the 25, which was given the petname 'Messiah' attributing it to Ichijo's original Vulkyrie finish & also to the giant-killer Shao Pai Long. For most Christians worldwide, Messiah refers to only one person - the Christ figure Jesus. I'm wondering, though it seems unlikely, the closest rival to Jesus would be his relative John the Baptist. What pseudonyms are associated with this other person? Is there a one that can follow the letters VF-27?

You know, as someone noted here, it's hardly likely the VF-27 is of direct ProtoCulture origin what with the VF designation & all. It's likely to be a MetaCulture fighter built alongside the YF-24s development but within the Macross Galaxy several light minutes away. And the design stylings are strikingly close to the Soviet-made SV-51. As for its more sophisticated avionics, that can be attributed to the Galaxy's more advanced level of OverTech. Who knows, perhaps the original SV-51 designers made it to the 27 development team? And, just imagine if there was an underlying Cold War-like animosity in the Macross F timeline it would be between these two entities labeled Galaxy & Frontier. Each has differing ideologies as the narrator Capt. Wilder, Sheryl & Grace seem to point out.

Okay, that pretty much inspired a stupid name. Here goes:

VF-27 RASPUTIN.

This long-bearded fellow was pretty much admired by the Czar of Russia and his family as a messiah of sorts with mystic powers (like Jeebus).

Here's another inspired by a contemporary movie inspired by the life story of this Russian mystic:

VF-27 HARLEQUIN.

Do the people at Big West ever read stuff we put here, I wonder?

Where would you want to live: Frontier, Galaxy, or Liberty City?

Actually, upon closer inspection, the Vf-27 is surprisingly close in terms of design to the VF-25 (same transformation sequence, with the possible exception of the shield and wings). However, this is a discussion reserved for the Mecha and Technology thread.

Since SK is going with the Hindu theme:

I agree with VF-27 "Shiva"

- Shiva is the destroyer or transformer

- The name Shiva, in one interpretation, is also said to have derived from the Dravidian word “Siva” meaning “to be red”. It is the equivalent of Rudra, “the red” RigVeda.

(red destroyer transformer? Sounds like the 27, a bit)

More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva

Other:

VF-27 "51's More Evil, Deadlier, Younger (and pink) Twin"

VF-27 "I See What You Did There"

VF-27 "NyanNyan"

VF-27 "Who Needs Fold Boosters?"

VF-27 "Aren't My Ears Pretty?"

VF-27 "Not the 25"

VF-27 "Pink Baron"

VF-27 "Basara" ... *runs*

Edited by OmegaD3k

Hmm, since the 27 doesn't seem to carry any super/FAST packs.

VF-27 Unladen Swallow

Now to find out the airspeed and whether it's African or European.

Is that including a coconut or excluding one? And incase it is including a coconut, how does the swallow hold it? You have to account for the weight of both the coconut and the possible "carrying device" ... and maybe substract some wieght for the seccond swallow carying it ... no ?

Ah the science these days ...

Edited by whispo

Since SK is going with the Hindu theme:

I agree with VF-27 "Shiva"

- Shiva is the destroyer or transformer

- The name Shiva, in one interpretation, is also said to have derived from the Dravidian word “Siva” meaning “to be red”. It is the equivalent of Rudra, “the red” RigVeda.

(red destroyer transformer? Sounds like the 27, a bit)

More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva

Other:

VF-27 "51's More Evil, Deadlier, Younger (and pink) Twin"

VF-27 "I See What You Did There"

VF-27 "NyanNyan"

VF-27 "Who Needs Fold Boosters?"

VF-27 "Aren't My Ears Pretty?"

VF-27 "Not the 25"

VF-27 "Pink Baron"

VF-27 "Basara" ... *runs*

I like this. Or rather...

I concur.

For the sake of not getting another thread locked I will not reply to that but it is so tempting. But to give your imagination something to work with I am thinking of a new name for Nora's SV-51.....

Something more along the lines of the pink pecker but for the female version?

Ah. Gotcha.

I wonder what we could name the red Q-Rau...? ^_^

EDIT: Hey, I'm no longer holding Global's pipe! Now I'm apparently Misa...

Edited by Gubaba

Ah. Gotcha.

I wonder what we could name the red Q-Rau...? ^_^

EDIT: Hey, I'm no longer holding Global's pipe! Now I'm apparently Misa...

Congratulations! At the same time I somehow became Isamu.

I was thnking of added "wrecker" to the end of that for Nora's fighter... :p

THats a good one!

Maybe it should have a name dedicated to the VF-19. It kinda looks like it.

Hmm, something sword related then. We already have the VF-9 Cutlass and the aforementioned VF-19 Excalibur, how about a name relating to the size of its weapon, say VF-27 Longsword or VF-27 Zweihander?

Edited by d3v

VF-27 Masamune. Sephiroth's 6ft long sword. Lol.

There was a Destroid Mecha never used in the original SDF Macross (only pre-production designs exist) called Masamune... I believe Kazutaka Miyatake designed it (just like the rest of the Destroids, hehe)...

post-7862-1213423123_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn