Heroes (thread #2)

Season 2 blew chunks. Hopefully Season 3 can recapture some of Season 1....

Sylar should have died, though, as should Peter. Grumble, grumble.

word...too many useless new characters and bad actors in season 2. if sylar didn't die, he should have been saved by some uber villain guy and became his lacky (sylar is more of a violent sidekick type of character than a main villain/mastermind).

They really shouldn't have killed off Lindeman either. He had potential to be pretty cool and he died like a chump from a 2nd tier character.

• 2 weeks later...
Season 2 blew chunks. Hopefully Season 3 can recapture some of Season 1....

Sylar should have died, though, as should Peter. Grumble, grumble.

I have the rest of season 2 just waiting for me to watch it. Problem is, I can't bring myself to. After the first two episodes you find out that *EVERYONE* survived the massive conclusion of season 1. It really killed the punch season 1 had, and really cheapened it. I mean, if you want to have these guys survive, ok, but don't reintroduce them all within two stinking episodes(Sylar was in the previews indicating that he too survived at this point).

And then they went and killed Sulu. Meh. At one point I'll pick back up on it, I'm sure.

• 1 month later...

Maybe they call pull a "stepping out of the shower" and still have Sylar die with Nathan... it was all in Peter's head as a "what if?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't even watched the trailer. I hate spoilers, or even "hints".

PS---the graphic novels have been very "side-story"ish lately. Little point reading them if you haven't been, easily skippable. (It used to be that the graphic novels filled in gaps between eps, or expanded on character's backgrounds---now it's "new minor character of the week that'll never be mentioned again")

I haven't even watched the trailer. I hate spoilers, or even "hints".

PS---the graphic novels have been very "side-story"ish lately. Little point reading them if you haven't been, easily skippable. (It used to be that the graphic novels filled in gaps between eps, or expanded on character's backgrounds---now it's "new minor character of the week that'll never be mentioned again")

Agreed. Why didn't the Company just shoot Root on sight and put an end to the silliness this last chapter? Why did EVS Dropper set up such a poor trap? I mean they LURED the Company in using Penny posing as Donna. Why did they have Root at ground zero where he can get hurt?

Initial reactions say S3 is good. I hope so, because I really don't have the motivation to actually watch it just yet after last S2 and the lame web comics. I love S1 so much that I been giving this series a chance. Peter and Sylar must absolutely die this season. They are so overpowered, who among the rest of them can actually stop these two? Also why has Peter not absorb every power Sylar has? Why just TK?

vinnie

I wish to never see season 2 ever again. One thing I'd wish for them to do would be to have a few non-serial episodes. One thing about comics is that after a major arc, the writer takes a break and does a few singles, or two-part set, or something to break the suspense/tension/etc or we get a stand-in writer to write a few short stories. With the show, and certainly coming out of last season, I never felt I got a break. From the looks of things, season 3 will probably be the same as the previous. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it mental draining to follow something week after week, time after time. It would be nice to have a few stand-alone episodes this season to break-up the serialization.

They were trying to do the stand alone story arcs in season two. Hiro in feudal Japan, Sylar and the Wonder Twins, etc. That didn't really pan out well. Season 3 starts off with a bang....and it's Goooooooodddd.

At least the first hour. It's got my stamp of approval that it's as good as S1 eps1. :D

They were trying to do the stand alone story arcs in season two. Hiro in feudal Japan, Sylar and the Wonder Twins, etc.

Yeah, as I recall half of MW hated that stuff. They were talking about doing a few extras for the "summer" in-between seasons but with the writers strike those were quickly scrapped.

Watch the first season which was well made, then the first five episode of the second season and I dropped it like Code Geass....

What 's with that come back in a feudal time and with this woman who kill people out of emotion ? Too much for me...

Wait to see for the season 3....

Edited by rubi

Question--did I completely miss/forget something? Why does

locking yourself in a closet completely protect you from Sylar? Even if he's only got a few powers back, he has enough TK to close every door and window in the house and throw Claire up against the wall. Surely he could break a bike lock. Or just rip the doors off the hinges.