• Milia (Macross 7)
    • Ranka (Macross Frontier)
    • Sheryl (Macross Frontier)
    • Nanase (Macross Frontier)
    • Klan Klan (Macross Frontier)
    • Katherine (Macross Frontier)
    • Someone Else
    • THEY ARE ALL PERFECT!!!!!

Ok, now that I have mastered the art of polling (I think), I figured I'd start a poll about who YOU think is the sexiest, smartest, best all-around female character in all of Macross. Now granted, I can't list every female character but I will list the main ones and have an OTHER option for those of you who have another favorite. Polls are fun! :D Yes, you can only pick ONE!

Edited by MisaForever

Oh, don't do this to me...don't make me pick here...that's not fair!

EDIT: I guess now I know what it feels like to be the male protagonist in a Macross series...

Edited by Vinnie

Oh, don't do this to me...don't make me pick here...that's not fair!

EDIT: I guess now I know what it feels like to be the male protagonist in a Macross series...

*evil laughter echoes through the thread*

you should include bridge bunnies. i wud have voted for kim, one of the original bridge bunnies. or emilia from the mac 7 movie. komilia from the 2036 video game is pretty foine as well.

edit: added o to foine.

Edited by cyde01

I voted for Ranka.

Misa is great - and I never thought any body, let alone a 15 year old little girl - would top her - but Ranka has done the imposible :)

Naturally I will always love Misa - but I gave my vote to Ranka because I feel more attached to the character since she is still in development. Misa is a closed book.

I would, however, note that what is best in Ranka is exactly what comes out of Misa every so often: a vulnerable girl who needs protection and is cute - in this Misa and Ranka are very similar :)

VFTF1

Crud.

This poll is biased because I think that people who vote for Sara or Ranka would sooner vote for Misa than for Minmey.

The result is that the Ranka/Sara/Misa vote is split and Minmey comes out on top :)

Shouldn't we therefore have TWO votes?

First an initial round of voting.

Then the two girls who win the initial round go on to the final round.

Because surely some of us - like me - would have voted for Misa if we'd known that MINMEY was going to be the winner because we voted for a different albeit unlikely contender (Ranka in my case).

I'd sooner change my vote to Misa just to make sure Minmey didn't win :)

VFTF1

I AM THE ONLY ONE SO FAR TO VOTE FOR NANASE???!!! C'MON!!!!!

Where is the rest of the fanclub????

Taksraven

Hey, I voted for her!

EDIT: Oh wait. No I hadn't. I thought this was the same has the "Who's your favorite MF girl." Well...it's difficult with Lucy and Millia there, but for now...yes, Nanase wins out.

Edited by Gubaba

I AM THE ONLY ONE SO FAR TO VOTE FOR NANASE???!!! C'MON!!!!!

Where is the rest of the fanclub????

Taksraven

Hold on a minute dude. We don't even know if she is capable of singing well, So relax and change your vote for Minmay, the real and only true Miss Macross. :p

Edited by Macross007

Hold on a minute dude. We don't even know if she is capable of singing well, So relax and change your vote for Minmay, the real and only true Miss Macross. :p

I'd imagine she could sing pretty well...at least, she's got the lung capacity for it.

You know who else could probably sing well? Lucy! I mean she is voiced by Megumi Hayashibara. And if there's one thing this flyboy needs, it's a sexy voice on ATC sending him out on a mission or welcoming him back home.

Plus a 21 year old military officer who still wears her hair in a ribbon? WTF. You know this girl's a little freaky. <_<

Gotta love the freckles too. Mmmm... ^_^

There’s a certain couple that I know.

They’re strictly lovebirds,

A pair of turtle dove birds.

He’s a guy who wants the world to know.

So ev’ry day You’ll hear him say

I Love Lucy and she loves me,

We’re as happy as two can be,

Sometimes we quarrel but then again

How we love making up again.

Lucy kisses like no one can,

She’s my missus and I’m her man;

And life is heaven you see

Cause I Love Lucy

Yes I Love Lucy and Lucy loves me.

You know who else could probably sing well? Lucy! I mean she is voiced by Megumi Hayashibara. And if there's one thing this flyboy needs, it's a sexy voice on ATC sending him out on a mission or welcoming him back home.

Plus a 21 year old military officer who still wears her hair in a ribbon? WTF. You know this girl's a little freaky. <_<

Gotta love the freckles too. Mmmm... ^_^

There’s a certain couple that I know.

They’re strictly lovebirds,

A pair of turtle dove birds.

He’s a guy who wants the world to know.

So ev’ry day You’ll hear him say

I Love Lucy and she loves me,

We’re as happy as two can be,

Sometimes we quarrel but then again

How we love making up again.

Lucy kisses like no one can,

She’s my missus and I’m her man;

And life is heaven you see

Cause I Love Lucy

Yes I Love Lucy and Lucy loves me.

...and we KNOW she puts out. :p

Lucy - from what I gathered about her in Macross Plus - doesn't put out, but was authentically taken by Dyson. She must have felt something for him because she didn't relay Myung's phone call right away and was ovbiously pretty emotional about telling him about it and "letting him go" - heck, there was even a sense in her voice that she was hoping Dyson would turn around and say "yes, no one owns me, but I don't want to leave Eden, I want to stay here with you" - which he didn't.

I feel sorry for Lucy. Nice girl. Bit skinny, but a sweetheart.

VFTF1

Lucy - from what I gathered about her in Macross Plus - doesn't put out, but was authentically taken by Dyson. She must have felt something for him because she didn't relay Myung's phone call right away and was ovbiously pretty emotional about telling him about it and "letting him go" - heck, there was even a sense in her voice that she was hoping Dyson would turn around and say "yes, no one owns me, but I don't want to leave Eden, I want to stay here with you" - which he didn't.

I feel sorry for Lucy. Nice girl. Bit skinny, but a sweetheart.

VFTF1

I felt sorry for her, too. Although I think that, on some level at least, she knew it was over when Isamu came back to the hospital with Myung on the back of his bike.

But don't worry. As you say, she's a sweet girl. Probably happily married with a couple of kids by 2045.

Well - also I wanted to ask whether lung capacity was tied to breast size?

As far as I know - breast size and lung-size/capacity aren't related? But I am really bad in biology - so can someone explain?

VFTF1

Well - also I wanted to ask whether lung capacity was tied to breast size?

As far as I know - breast size and lung-size/capacity aren't related? But I am really bad in biology - so can someone explain?

VFTF1

Anatomically, things tend to increase in proportion in the human body, but breast size is mostly influenced by hormones and level of body fat.

So Nanase is somewhat fat?

She is a cute girl - I just don't like the type - but I appreciate how she's a good friend to Ranka :)

As for the polling...I am shocked that Sheryl is getting more votes than ...Misa...geez...

VFTF1

So Nanase is somewhat fat?

She is a cute girl - I just don't like the type - but I appreciate how she's a good friend to Ranka :)

VFTF1

Of course you don't like her type if you're Ranka fan. Even though she is Ranka's friend, she keeps stealing spotlights from Ranka (she is topping Ranka in this poll again).

I voted Sheryl, but I really want to vote original Miria.

Sheryl demolishes Ranka in another poll... I don't think I've seen Ranka win any English forum poll against Sheryl... does anyone know who's more popular on 2ch/japan? Ranka yeah?

Don't know about 2ch (knowing next to nothing about Japanese language so not to mention 2ch language), but I have googled "マクロスF人気投票(trans: macross F popularity poll)" and found two results.

1st poll

http://www.vote5.net/anime/htm/1206894587.html

current top three

1. Sheryl Nome 238 votes

2. Ranka Lee 177 votes

3. Alto Saotome 166 votes

2nd poll

http://www2.finito-jp.net/m1/FRONTIER7/vote.cgi

current top three

1. Sheryl Nome 301 votes

2. Ranka Lee 300 votes

3. Alto Saotome 234 votes

It seems the two polls are still votable and open for overseas voters.

Edited by herbert

but I have googled "マクロスF人気投票(trans: macross F popularity poll)" and found two results.

I'm assuming that these polls are asking for favorite character? Or is this a wonderful and cruel joke on Alto Princess? :)

VFTF1

Hehe Sheryl is my favourite character. She is a classic tsundere.

I'm not sure if Sheryl is gonna end up together with Alto. It's like there's a growing attraction between them and the anime keep pushing it but they aren't even aware of it themselves? In SDF:M at least Hikaru has confirmed love for Minmay so we know that won't last. But here it's like Alto doesn't even realize it. Are they gonna develop this and then abandon it midway to switch to Ranka? Because Ranka is always the last, so far behind, and Alto keeps getting interrupted in Episode 5 when he and Ranka tried to call each other, makes me wonder wth is going on.

Don't know about 2ch (knowing next to nothing about Japanese language so not to mention 2ch language), but I have googled "マクロスF人気投票(trans: macross F popularity poll)" and found two results.

1st poll

http://www.vote5.net/anime/htm/1206894587.html

current top three

1. Sheryl Nome 238 votes

2. Ranka Lee 177 votes

3. Alto Saotome 166 votes

2nd poll

http://www2.finito-jp.net/m1/FRONTIER7/vote.cgi

current top three

1. Sheryl Nome 301 votes

2. Ranka Lee 300 votes

3. Alto Saotome 234 votes

It seems the two polls are still votable and open for overseas voters.

Interesting.. so looks like Sheryl is dominating in English and Chinese forums and going by these two polls she's doing well in Japan too.. anyone got access to the Newtype Character Rankings? Though it might be a bit too early for Frontier characters to be ranking on that... and Geass will dominate that anyway.

Interesting.. so looks like Sheryl is dominating in English and Chinese forums and going by these two polls she's doing well in Japan too.. anyone got access to the Newtype Character Rankings? Though it might be a bit too early for Frontier characters to be ranking on that... and Geass will dominate that anyway.

You people and your Geass :rolleyes: