I'm expecting Dr. Venture Senior to pop back up as the leader of Sphinx. Don't know why, probably because of the O.R.B last year has got me to thinking that Senior is out there behind the scenes and working opposite the "Good Guys"; assuming O.S.I really is the "good guys".

That does sound like a plausible theory about Venture senior with his apparent death happening before Brock joined the O.S.I.

In the Marvel comics did it not turn out that SHELD was being controled by HYDRA in secret, and O.S.I is a spoof of SHELD.

Their is also that convoluted code of conduct that the O.S.I and The Guild of Clematis Intent have between themselves.

It is possible that Sphinx is actually a group of good guy being persecuted by the world order, for the hole show is a giant spoof of the hole cartoon industry.

Think about it, it was implied in the previous season that what's going on is more or less a big game for Super Scientists and Super "Villains" as a means to keep them from taking it out on the general public. Though the Monarch seems to take it deadly serious in regards to Rusty-- I think the phrase was "real hate". How Sphinx fits into that: another facation, a real group, or a "common enemy" for the two is unkown at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't like this one on Sunday all that much to be honest. The show needs more Brock. Don't get me wrong, it had it's moments, but the episode overall just wasn't that funny to me.

Yes Brock has and always will be my biggest draw. But it can't be all about him. I enjoyed it but the 2nd show is the best so far.

And who else knew right off those were Sgt Hatred's computers? :lol:

Yes Brock has and always will be my biggest draw. But it can't be all about him. I enjoyed it but the 2nd show is the best so far.

And who else knew right off those were Sgt Hatred's computers? :lol:

LOL, "computer generated."

"And don't think that just becasue you're black you've got the shining."

• 4 weeks later...

They finally brought Brock F***in' Sampson back. I'd expect nothing less than greatness.

Though, I gotta admit Dean's "Hey Triana! Can I pet your pussy?" two episodes ago had me absolutely rolling! :lol:

Just watched new ep...

OMFG!!! 21 fought Brock! And LIVED!!!!! This has got to be unprecedented or something. [that should go in the "greatest fights ever" thread too, I guess] :lol:

21 is actually turning out to be an ass-kicker?! Up is down. The spiral comes undone. The world has truly gone topsy-turvy.

21 is actually turning out to be an ass-kicker?! Up is down. The spiral comes undone. The world has truly gone topsy-turvy.

Since the show's main theme is failure, does that mean 21's failure has come full circle and now he's a failure at being a failure? This is some seriously Zen poo now.

I missed the episode when it went to air because the cable was out, but I caught it on adultswim.com when they posted it the following Monday, and I was pleasantly surprised. A lot of season 4 hasn't really thrilled me, but I liked "The Better Man" and this latest episode was IMHO the best of the season so far. Brock's back, that business from the first episode of the season is explained, and they've finally stopped fixating on jokes about Sergeant Hatred being a pedophile. :rolleyes:

• 9 months later...