I know i am so excited, i wish it were sunday already. I could watch the Movie awards then The Ventures, and i love the answers Jackson gave to Adult Swim which they have been airing during their bumps about the premier

I just watched Love Behiets again during my lunch break. I forgot how funny that was with Hank as the Bat, it's maddening; and him making hand signals for the hell of it cause it looks cool, then running down a hallway. Yep best Hank episode ever. Oh and Brock grabbing that guys crotch and feelin a lump, classic. Why isn't stuff like that ever used in movies???

The funny thing is if you listen to the DVD commentaries Jackson Public and Doc Hammer have a real corn kernel in their teeth about all the bootleg VB shirts. They make several comments on the quality, availability and dubious nature of a lot of the VB clothing they see around and how other people are profiting like mad off of their ideas. They also say how they have made and sold several limited run designs for shirts themselves that (in their words) were just plain "stupid" or so non-sequitur that they doubted their own ability to sell the shirts.

I think the "shirt of the week tied to the episode of the week" is a great idea that will let them make some much needed cake off of their ideas plus give their fans a chance to finally get some "legit" VB shirts of various original designs. It must really suck to have such a wonderful property like the Venture Brothers go unsupported in the merchandising front yet see so much bootleg crap floating around cashing in on your baby.

Yep, I cheated and watched it at Adult Swim as well last night. I even had to hook my laptop up to my HDTV so I could watch it in all it's pixelated grainyness on my big screen.

Edit: Not really a "spoiler" but did anyone else catch the in-joke with the song? During the "post romp" scene in the Monarch's car the song playing is "Revv Me Up" by Jasper McVain, also known as the "Brock workout song" from season 1. After that scene the Monarch comments on how that was not the song on his radio as he remembered that song, and the council of 13 says they couldn't get the rights to the "real" song.

Not only was it a callback to season 1 but it was a callback to the season 2 premier in which they infamously played the Aquagen remix of "Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)" by Rozalla which required a hefty royalty check totaling 1/8th of the episode's budget. On that episode's commentary Doc and Jackson actually play an answering machine message left for them by Adult Swim's legal department informing them they could not have the rights to that song and should "pick a song out of their existing library" instead.

So have all the MW Venture fans seen the premiere yet?

As far as season premieres go I'd rate it an 8 out of 10. Really good, but somehow not as good as the season two premiere. Then again season one left us with a much more "meaty" cliffhanger than season two did.

And I've also seen a ton of speculation as to what the "resolution" to this cliffhanger actually was. From my vantage point I see one thing, but other folks seem to see something different.

What I saw was:

Dr. Girlfriend said "Monarch, I'm

sorry". Which is what she said later in the episode to which the Monarch said "that is what you should have said in the escape pod" leaving me with the impression she didn't actually say anything in the pod. She never got to finish her sentence. The Monarch's "WHAT?" was not in response to her, but in response to the Guild of Calamitous Intent busting in on them. Her "big secret" seems to have been that she was working for the Guild and doing their bidding of getting the Monarch to stop arching Dr. Venture.

Talk about an "out of left field" resolution. I think it's fair to say that no one saw it coming.

I also find it funny how we are slowly learning all the costumed aggressors' real names.

Dr. Girlfriend = Sheila

The Monarch = Malcolm

Phantom Limb = Hamilton G. Fantomos

Monarch Henchman #21 = Gary

The premier episode for S3 was strong in my opinion. It was nice to see the various costumes The Monarch wore before settling into his current getup. In the scene where the Monarch breaks into Dr. Venture's lad in his Monarch Mobile, who was the female bodyguard? Was she named in other episodes as serving before Brock?

In the scene where the Monarch breaks into Dr. Venture's lad in his Monarch Mobile, who was the female bodyguard? Was she named in other episodes as serving before Brock?

That was Myra Brandish, Dr. Venture's "first" bodyguard.

She is supposedly the Venture boys' "real mother" as described by her in the episode "I Know Why the Caged Bird Kills". She is also coo-coo for coca puffs so who is to believe her? The only "truth" is that she was once Dr. Venture's bodyguard before Brock and she and the good doctor did the deed.

The premier episode for S3 was strong in my opinion. It was nice to see the various costumes The Monarch wore before settling into his current getup. In the scene where the Monarch breaks into Dr. Venture's lad in his Monarch Mobile, who was the female bodyguard? Was she named in other episodes as serving before Brock?

That's actually Hank and Dean's mother [sorry, I forget her name]. Her backstory is expounded on in I Know Why the Caged Bird Kills, sea. 2. She was assigned to protect Rusty before Brock, but after developing feelings for Dr. Venture [a la The Bodyguard? :blink: ], they have one brief and taudry encounter in the back seat of his dad's Venture Motors prototype [which is modeled on a vintage SAAB, I think?], and she has the boys as a result. She's definitely "wound a bit too tight," and has been separated from the boys practically all their lives, so she doesn't know they've been cloned dozens of times due to their being "death-prone." <_<

Edited by reddsun1

It's going to be played tonight on Canada's version of Adult Swim or I'm going to have to torrent it. Adult Swim website is region locked. Grrrr.......

Comon man you're a nerd on this internet long enought to know about proxies AND the less-than-legit streaming sites. Don't take studio control as it wants you to!

Now if we want to keep the spoilers for one more day

the way I'd think she'd say it is I'm been in with the guild to stop you from hench'ing Venture

or something to the effect. According to the interrogation it wasn't a supprise, but all the other hillarity that ensued was. I love it how they're liberal with the intro and will change it as appropriate.

She is supposedly the Venture boys' "real mother" as described by her in the episode "I Know Why the Caged Bird Kills". She is also coo-coo for coca puffs so who is to believe her? The only "truth" is that she was once Dr. Venture's bodyguard before Brock and she and the good doctor did the deed

Dr. Venture - "OK I F#$@D HER ALRIGHT?!" :lol:

Finally got around to watching it on my Tivo this morning. I will have to watch it again as I wasn't able to devote my full attention.

What song was playing when Monarch's henchmen are rebuilding the hive and all the help shows up?

Steve

This better not end up on You tube!

I think Monarch is my new favorite character.

I thought it was a great start seeing the rise of the Monarch lol. Also is it me or does anyone else really notice the amazing detail that goes into the back story of all the characters. I like how all the stuff that was done in this episode has been mentioned before, we just now have visual representation of it.

I loved how there actually was a real "Manotaur" at the end of the episode.

I have a very good feeling that this season is going to be fantastic!

He's actually come up a few times I think. First time he's been aired though.

I don't recall anyone mentioning him by name, outside of The Monarch using that name as an alias in the episode "Fallen Arches" to intimidate his hooker (complete with painted on back tattoo). So to a degree this is the first instance of The Monarch passing himself off as the Manotaur.

Phantom Limb's Guild party was kind of a who's who though. Several unnamed Guild members who have appeared in past episodes make cameos at the party.

And am I the only one wondering how a member of the Guild's "Council of 13" was the guy on the Guild videotape delivered to Dr. Orpheus shown as an example of "improper behavior" (the foppish dandy who disrobes and kisses the tied up superhero)?

I've missed the Venture Bros. Loved the episode, but doesn't this retcon the Monarch's origin a bit? From the first episode where he talks about living with the monarch butterflies. I guess it doesn't stretch it too much. Instead of going right to The Monarch, he had to hench for Phantom Dick until his inheritance made it out of escrow.

My only complaint of the episode, not enough Brock!

"Oh! My Stanza!"