• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's nothing quite like the sweet, sweet sound of Clancy Brown voicing a bad guy.

Still sucks that this was the season finale we got though.

I really hope they do another 1 hour special to wrap up the season like last time.

All things considered this season, I think the original Blue Morpho was a woman posing as a man to fight crime. Jonas Sr knocked her up, and The Monarch is Rusty'a brother

Edited by Keith

There's nothing quite like the sweet, sweet sound of Clancy Brown voicing a bad guy.

Still sucks that this was the season finale we got though.

I really hope they do another 1 hour special to wrap up the season like last time.

Will the Monarch and 21 be forced by Red Death to be his Henchmen to feed his Habit?

Edited by miles316

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you talking about the season finale or the last ep with the blizzard maker and the assassination attempt?

Because if it’s the latter, ask Brock to say “spaghetti.” :p

Honestly, we haven’t really had a full-on “Brock MDK’s a poor fool” moment this entire season.

The assassination one.  

I was dying with his dialogue   

“Oh yeah I broke your windpipe. “  knife to the xxxxxxx    “I wouldn’t touch that with your fingers.   Might get infected.”

”poison teeth?  Oh c’mon that’s cheating!”

”I need to whiz.  Hey you with the bead on me.  You need to go? “. How’d you even know I was up here?!?!.......yeah I need to go “

Season 7's been a real trip... a lot of payoffs for plot threads they've been building up since the very beginning.  I haven't had a chance to watch the last episode yet, but it's been wild so far.

Some of the twists were pretty predictable given past seasons, like...

Spoiler

... the ever-growing implication that Rusty and the Monarch are half-brothers, that they've been building up to ever since "Doctor Quymn, Medicine Woman".

... that Rusty himself is likely not the original Rusty Venture, but rather a cloned replacement with the memories of the original just like Hank and Dean are, which they started building up to all the way back in "Past Tense" in Season 1 and "Powerless in the Face of Death", and had practically confirmed back in "Pomp and Circuitry".

... that the Monarch's father is Vendata/Venturion, from back in "Bot seeks Bot".

The one I didn't see coming was...

Spoiler

... that Colonel Manstrong wasn't just spinning a yarn about "movie night" on Gargantua-1, and that Jonas Venture Sr. had "died" when he was blown out into space along with the rest of the station's crew.  

They threw a LOT of red herrings out for the identity of Jonas's killer too... from the Guild to his own bodyguard, Kano, and we still don't have an answer since Vendata/Venturion/Blue Morpho categorically denies doing it and he's too dead to interrogate.

I just wonder

What the OSI is going to do with Jonas's head. It's very likely that he's not dead yet.

And while Rusty being a clone definitely isn't a surprise, I'm really starting to think that Dean actually is a Rusty clone too. It would go lengths to explaining why Hank & Dean are treated so differently

14 hours ago, Keith said:

I just wonder

Hide contents

What the OSI is going to do with Jonas's head. It's very likely that he's not dead yet.

And while Rusty being a clone definitely isn't a surprise, I'm really starting to think that Dean actually is a Rusty clone too. It would go lengths to explaining why Hank & Dean are treated so differently

Doc Hammer confirmed in one of the video interviews that the original Hank and Dean Venture were born naturally, so that theory would appear to be jossed.  (If it wasn't already before that when Doc told them about their mother and clone status right before their memories were wiped by OSI.)

There was a pretty good theory going around for a while that Hank and Dean were actually clones of Brock and Rusty, until it was revealed that Doc already had the clones going before Brock came on in the wake of Myra's arrest and the failed Phantomos sting.

Spoiler

Come to that, if Rusty's a clone of the original Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture that raises some very awkward questions about Jonas Venture Jr.'s existence...

He was already highly suspect since he was a self-aware parasitic twin... but the situation that gives rise to that kind of scenario doesn't work if Rusty is a clone.  Was Jonas using Rusty as a living incubator for an initial Jonas Venture clone slug to transfer his brain into in the event he died messily enough that the PROBLEM couldn't repair him?

Lately what we've seen of the real Jonas Venture Sr. indicates pretty strongly that he was a really terrible human being... I wouldn't be all that surprised if it turned out that Rusty was cloned as a test subject, and Jonas intended to use the technology to grant himself pseudo-immortality like what Rusty did for Hank and Dean.

Jonas Venture's cloning technology was seized by the OSI, who have had time to study it and possibly improve on it.  The OSI that also now has Jonas Venture's brain and doubtless knows about Rusty's "Venturestein" technology for raising the dead.

Is OSI about to clone Jonas Venture back to life?

It'll be interesting to see what the next season makes of...

Spoiler

... Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture and Malcolm "The Mighty Monarch" Fitzcarraldo now being fully aware that they're half-brothers.

Or, since the OSI and Guild of Calamitous Intent are collaborating on the disassembly of Blue Morpho AKA Venturion AKA Vendata AKA Councilman 1, I can't imagine the Guild will be very happy if they discover the Blue Morpho is Don Fitzcarraldo, the Monarch's father, and that he had known his father used to be the Blue Morpho all along and never come forward (since the Guild Council is still in the dark about the Monarch having been the Blue Morpho in all of his in-series appearances except the one that led to his capture).

Since Jonas's facade of being a good man is going completely to pieces, it'll be interesting to see if they decide to reveal the circumstances surrounding the Blue Morpho's death.  Was that plane crash an accident?  Was it arranged by the Guild of Calamitous Intent - who've used small plane crashes to cover things up in the past?  Kano said his silence was a penance for taking the life of a "great man"... did he sabotage the plane on Jonas Venture's orders for some reason, such as to stop Don Fitzcarraldo from going public about being blackmailed with that sex tape?

Assuming Hank's near-death experience is real, is he going to encounter their real mother in his journey of self-discovery?  They've been dancing around that one for seven seasons now, and an idiot like Hank is likely to try and get his parents back together.

EDIT: Oh woah... a thought occurs:

Spoiler

... on Mission Creep's Peril Partnership island hideout, we saw a Rusty from the future who is apparently on good terms with the Monarch.  If the OSI is cloning Jonas Venture back to life, does that mean Rusty and the Monarch are going to bury the hatchet in Jonas Venture Sr.'s head?

Edited by Seto Kaiba

• 1 year later...

That bloody sucks.

Even with the billion year-long hiatuses between seasons, it was always a fun show to watch.

Kinda hope they do a low budget ending ep, where Rusty screams, “THAT’S IT!?” and then spends the rest of the “ep” off-camera, explaining where everyone winds up and explains all the dangling plot-lines/mysteries.

Bitterly ironic that a show about failure ends by being cancelled. <_<

I cannot believe how broken hearted I am about hearing that CN has pulled the plug. No show that I have ever watched has played the long game on a joke, a plot point, or even a minor reference better than Venture Brothers. I still have hope that we get a conclusion, but who knows. Honestly, this isn't the first time this has happened with this show, but looks pretty final now. Maybe one of the streaming services looking for some quality content will pick it up and give them a chance to complete the story.

Damn I read this earlier, MASSIVE bummer, I've loved this show for years now. Honestly though, I can't really say I'm that surprised, the show has had a sporadic, to say the least, run, for years now. It was fantastic while it lasted, this show kept viewers on their toes, characters were multi-dimensional and interesting, there were complicated little details and twists and turns throughout the series, it was amazing through and through.

I did read it's cancelled, on CW, there's a chance we could at least get a TV movie or something else that finishes up the story, I wonder if Netflix can save the day and give us a proper finale? 

It’s been so long that I had to read a synopsis for the last ep.

But Hank was out wandering the streets in his Batman mask.

It was revealed that Rusty and The Monarch are related.

BUT. . .

* Rusty doesn’t know he’s a clone.  

* We still don’t know who the twins’ mom is exactly.

* That whole love triangle between the twins hasn’t been resolved.

* We don’t know who or what caused Blue Morpho’s plane accident.

* It hasn’t been confirmed who exactly caused Dr. Jonas Venture’s death on the space station.

So, still a ton of dangling plots left to resolve.

I’d like some other streaming service to pick up the show.

But if that doesn’t pan out, they should do a “made on the cheap” episode; have Rusty walk off-screen; the scene stays the same throughout the remainder of the ep; but we hear the characters off-screen talking and tying up all the loose ends.  Probably also taking shots at Cartoon Network as they explain what Season 8 would have revealed or showed.

17 hours ago, Keith said:

CN just canceled The Venture Bros. The 2020 suck train continues.

I can't blame this one on 2020.  I loved the Venture Bros, but honestly with the long gaps between seasons I lost track of it and quit watching after maybe season 5.  I'm honestly less surprised to hear it's been canceled than the fact that the cancellation is recent.

I'll pick up a complete series Blu-ray box set if they put one out.

Damn it all, 2020... The Venture Bros was basically the best piece of original programming [adult swim] had.

I put my name on one of the petitions to have the show picked up by a streaming service.  It'd be infuriating to have the show end now when fairly half of Season 7 was spent setting up Season 8.  I expected the plot thread about Rusty being a clone to be The Unreveal since he knows what the learning beds are actually for due to having used them himself as a kid, but they ended with The Monarch having finally ranked up to the point of being able to arch the newly-rich Dr. Venture again, both The Monarch and Dr. Venture learning that they're half-brothers, Hank heading off to find his biological mother, most of the B-cast trying to rebuild the Guild of Calamitous Intent, and the whole rivalry with the Peril Partnership heating up to the point of extortion and murder.  They had, at most, maybe two more seasons of material in the show... but cutting it short HERE is a dick move.

I'd settle for minimum 3 streaming service produced movies, Warner/CN has truly crap the bed canceling the show while supposedly renewing Rick & Morty for 70+ episodes (with an even more sporadic production schedule).

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Mog said:

Not sure whether to be happy or bummed about this:

https://www.polygon.com/animation-cartoons/22432125/venture-bros-movie-release-new-aqua-teen-metalocalypse

Just can’t imagine them tying up all the loose ends, bringing back some of the key characters, and wrapping it all up in a movie-length feature.

No, but at least they'll get to try.

5 hours ago, Mog said:

Not sure whether to be happy or bummed about this:

https://www.polygon.com/animation-cartoons/22432125/venture-bros-movie-release-new-aqua-teen-metalocalypse

Just can’t imagine them tying up all the loose ends, bringing back some of the key characters, and wrapping it all up in a movie-length feature.

Well, at the very least, a movie-length feature should be enough time for them to wrap up the two most important outstanding plot threads left at the end of the last season... 

Spoiler

The injured Hank having fled the hospital and run away from home to "grow up" and find his and Dean's biological mother, based on what he learned from the Action Man in his maybe-shared near-death experience with the Action Man and Dr. Phineas Phage.

AND

Dr. Venture and The Monarch learning that they're half-brothers, thanks to Ward thoughtlessly blurting it out right at the end of the season at the end of The Monarch's tenning ceremony.  (The audience knew since "Arrears in Science", but those two didn't learn about it until "The Saphrax Protocol" and still don't know the particulars.)

If it's to be the big finale of The Venture Bros, I reckon they could probably bring Jonas Venture Sr. back one last time to act as the story's villain.

Spoiler

After all, the OSI took Jonas's theoretically-deceased head to experiment on at the end of "Arrears in Science"... and five'll get you twenty they're better at reviving the dead than Rusty is when it's in their interests.

And if we're really lucky it'll be well-received enough for the series to get a final season to wrap up all the other loose ends too.

Is it really smart for OSI 

Spoiler

to resurrect ol’ Jonas Sr., though?  Guy is an a-hole, a horrible parent, an even worse friend, has some questionable ethics, and is probably 20 to 30 years behind the technological curve.

Hope they find a way to incorporate the Order of the Triad, Red Death, and Brock doing his MDK thing in this film.

1 hour ago, Mog said:
Spoiler

Is it really smart for OSI to resurrect ol’ Jonas Sr., though?  Guy is an a-hole, a horrible parent, an even worse friend, has some questionable ethics, and is probably 20 to 30 years behind the technological curve.

Spoiler

Smart?  Maybe, maybe not.  Jonas is probably a pretty important person to the OSI, though.  He negotiated their original treaty with the Guild of Calamitous Intent, he cheated death for decades using the PROBLEM, set up the clone farm Rusty used, and probably has a lot of other tech-shenanigans to answer for as well.  Plus he was a pretty damned quick study, seizing control of VenTech Tower by reverse-engineering its WiFi as a disembodied head in the PROBLEM.  The whole Blue Morpho thing along is gonna blow up if he gets resurrected since he was the one blackmailing the Blue Morpho to violate arching laws for him.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Hope they find a way to incorporate the Order of the Triad, Red Death, and Brock doing his MDK thing in this film.

Red Death's probably a bystander now, given that he accepted retirement as a villain in order to join the Guild Council.

The Order of the Triad have a history of being the ones to go after Hank and Dean while Doc and Brock are sorting out Doc's issues... so I think they'll fit right in.

Honestly, I just wanna hear Clancy Brown utter some dark, insane, foreboding monologue . . . and then change to a cheery dad-voice just one more time. ^_^