Macross Frontier Episode 6 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 6 Rating  

205 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 6?

• Positive (Prelude to action?!?!?!?!?!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative ("Bye Bye Sheryl"? More like "Good Riddance")

F-14's would take out F-15's without even using Phoenix missiles. She was big and heavy but could move. I agree the F-16 was a good knife fighter

What makes you think that?

The F-14 is slower than the F-15 and is heavier. Both have a big honking radar system so that's not going to give an edge to the F-14 either.

I am not sure if anyone else has noticed it. But doesnt Macross Quarter head look like the VF-17S head???

No, the Macross Quarter has a Jamiroquai head.

jamiroquai-712619.jpg

Taksraven

The F-14 is slower than the F-15 and is heavier. Both have a big honking radar system so that's not going to give an edge to the F-14 either.

Doesn't the F-22 have ridiculous (simulated) kill ratios against F-15s and F-18s? They can take on 15 at a time and I recall testing and non-live fire skirmishes resulted in riduculous 200-1 kill ratios. It's possible to completely outclass older technology.

That said, the thing in the Macross universe is that the Zentradi and Protoculture all developed and apex of technology hundreds of thousands of years ago. It still works and works very well. Hard to improve when the bar was set like that.

No, the Macross Quarter has a Jamiroquai head.

jamiroquai-712619.jpg

Taksraven

Always felt Cosmic Girl was the perfect kind of song for the Macross universe, for obvious reasons. If I were to ever make a music video of Macross clips, it would definitely play to Jamiroquai :)

I have read about tomcat pilots and eagle pilots going at it. Only thing F-15C has is a more modern cockpit than the F-14A/B. But overall both are great fighters. I dont want to start a tomcat vs eagle war.

Doesn't the F-22 have ridiculous (simulated) kill ratios against F-15s and F-18s? They can take on 15 at a time and I recall testing and non-live fire skirmishes resulted in riduculous 200-1 kill ratios. It's possible to completely outclass older technology.

Yeah, so far it's been a turkey shoot for the F-22's. Not very surprising considering it's hard to get a lock on the F-22 while it has no trouble picking you up and shooting.

In a straight-up dog-fight, the F-22 is "merely" top-classed. But for overall air-superiority (or air-dominance as some say) it's a complete and absolute package.

I have read about tomcat pilots and eagle pilots going at it. Only thing F-15C has is a more modern cockpit than the F-14A/B. But overall both are great fighters. I dont want to start a tomcat vs eagle war.

I didn't say whether the F-14 or the F-15 was better ;)

I'm only commenting that on paper, the specs of the F-15 at least matches (and sometimes surpasses) the F-14.

Edited by ChronoReverse

So let's just give them to a band of rougue teenage misfits so they can have their own band???

if you are talking of the VF-19kai that was in 2047 and VFX-2 incident was in 2051, so before that they only had one infiltration of the YF-19 and YF-21 through Earth's defenses and them being the prototype models they didn't foresaw it could be done again with the mass produced models. I don't consider the VF-19 Kai of Basara would be a security threat as it doesn't seem to be as heavily armed as the regular VF-19. I could imaging that the VF-19 and VF-22 have a status as the American F-22 in which is currently only used by the US not only because they are expensive but also cause they will not sell them to foreign nations.

Actually it's interesting that we're having a MECHA discussion in here at all since there's a thread for that. :rolleyes: C'mon guys, use the thread you created for this. :p

Dude, why'd you even say that? Mr. March will get on your a$$ for making a mountain out of an anthill. the discussion was going on fine until you posted this. NOW things might get out of hand. i don't know... maybe they might ignore your post and post even more discussions about mecha, and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT!! hahaha. :p

Dude, why'd you even say that? Mr. March will get on your a$$ for making a mountain out of an anthill. the discussion was going on fine until you posted this. NOW things might get out of hand. i don't know... maybe they might ignore your post and post even more discussions about mecha, and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT!! hahaha. :p

You're so dead. :lol: J/K

Apart from that, my speculation on the VF-19 and co. is done.
we'll see them if Papa Bandai wants to sell them... though The Froating Head's explaination about not wanting to use the VF-19 for CF duties on MF sounds allot like why we never saw any CF Connies in TNG or DS9, where as we saw every frigging Miranda, Excelsior or Oberth in starfleet... :wacko:

but again, i'll bet the people paying the Froating Head told him what they did want... :ph34r:

You're so dead. :lol: J/K

Nah, but I am dreaming up more complaints so I can segregate out everything that bothers me from my favorite threads. And I'm starting with members who have names that begin with "M" and use animated avatars. I don't like 'em! ;):p:lol:

Nah, but I am dreaming up more complaints so I can segregate out everything that bothers me from my favorite threads. And I'm starting with members who have names that begin with "M" and use animated avatars. I don't like 'em! ;):p:lol:

:( :( :( why me.....

Well I guess I should be lucky that I do not have an animated avatar then. However Mr March let me propose this idea to you, if you have something against those of us who's named begin with M, you may want to take a look at your own name too, heh heh heh.

And I believe you mean fricking sharks with fricking lasers attatched to their fricking heads, because otherwise it just doesn't work.

Seems like this thread has just about run it's course. Discussion of episode 6 seesm to have dried up.

That's because people took their animation whining to a new thread...

Good timing too

*Dries eyes* And its been such a good thread too.................

Seriously though, it has been an interesting discussion we had here, its a real pity that it did get bogged down in discussion about the animation because there was a lot more to the episode than that. I would say that overall it was 70% whining about animation and 30% discussion about what actually happened in the episode. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Too bad.

Taksraven

I love that the SMS bar in their rec room is always shown as being really well stocked with alcohol. My kinda place......LOL

Graham

It would be cool if the bar was called "Pineapple Salad".

:(

I still say the ending of this episode felt mournful, as opposed to the "Rah Rah Let's get up and FIGHT!" spirit that a lot of "prelude to battle" episodes have.

Made for a nice touch, I thought.

Mournful yes, but there seemed to be a look of satisfaction or even happiness on Alto in the last couple of shots at the end. Like he was finally more content, like he had finally found what he was meant to be doing. (He has been pretty dissatisfied with his situation for most of the rest of the series.

I guess that he also realises that there are going to be girls waiting for him at home.

Ozma seemed to be really nervous though, but he out of all the others probably has a better idea of what they are in for.

Taksraven

I love that the SMS bar in their rec room is always shown as being really well stocked with alcohol. My kinda place......LOL

Graham

Too bad Ozma is not as much of a drunkard as Roy. That place wouldn't be as well stocked if Ozma loved th bottle so much. :lol:

I still say the ending of this episode felt mournful, as opposed to the "Rah Rah Let's get up and FIGHT!" spirit that a lot of "prelude to battle" episodes have.

Made for a nice touch, I thought.

Yea, that whole sequence was very powerful, perfectly matched to the music, we're only a few hours away from ep 7!

I swear to God, some of you people cannot wait for Ozma to die!

Let see if Ozma can take both pineapple salad and Yoko kiss  ^_^

I swear to God, some of you people cannot wait for Ozma to die!

Of course. Ozma is too manly for us and threathens our musculinity, much like Roy did.

Not me though, my sense of self confidence is right up there with the zentran hippo-cow farmers and the sexual harssment conviction in-waiting Captain of Macross Quarter.

Of course. Ozma is too manly for us and threathens our musculinity, much like Roy did.

Not me though, my sense of self confidence is right up there with the zentran hippo-cow farmers and the sexual harssment conviction in-waiting Captain of Macross Quarter.

Well we're all geeks so we have no self-esteem or sense of how to be a "man" so of course we're jealous and scared of him!! :lol: