The Official Art of Macross Frontier

I suspect the capital ships were simply caught off guard.

They were not expecting a buster cannon mounted on a fighter sized enemy craft.

That is what the VFs were out there to deal with.

The big ships were firing their guns like flak cannons, shooting through the swarms as they approached.

"Blowed up" is putting it mildly. A capital ship taken out with one shot from what is essentially a fighter sized (but probably not fighter classed) vessel.

The Red Large Vajra unit doesn't seem to be the same size of a fighter... It seems more to be the size of a VB-6 König Monster Destroid... but with the speed of a fighter... (That means... HUGE!!!).

I suspect the capital ships were simply caught off guard.

They were not expecting a buster cannon mounted on a fighter sized enemy craft.

That is what the VFs were out there to deal with.

The big ships were firing their guns like flak cannons, shooting through the swarms as they approached.

UN SPACY just never learn <_< In Mac 7, one of the Varauta Elgerzorene carried a huge blaster that can cripple an uraga class in several shot

UN SPACY just never learn <_< In Mac 7, one of the Varauta Elgerzorene carried a huge blaster that can cripple an uraga class in several shot

I believe many of u ppl are being way too hard on the poor N.U.N.S. guys... I mean... By now it must be obvious that all the Vajra units are super-dupper-ultra-mega-fast... Not even the VF-25 could reach them (& I'm talking about Ozma's Super Armored/Packed VF-25 from episode 1). The VF-25 seems to barely be able to reach their speeds. Those damned bugs are just too fast.

Imagine the poor N.U.N.S. weapon operator guys trying to get them on their crosshairs. It must have been like in WW2, when the axis forces used jet planes against the allied Bombers... The machine gun operators just couldn't turn their turrets fast enough... (BOMBER!!!).

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Not even the VF-25 could reach them (& I'm talking about Ozma's Super Armored/Packed VF-25 from episode 1).

Actually, according to the official data released so far, a VF-25 fitted with Armoured Pack is only as fast as a bare VF-25 with no pack. The extra thrusters only compensate for the extra weight, but don't actually increase the speed any.

The VF-25 with Super Pack fitted is faster, which explains why in episode 1/Deculture Edition Gilliam was able to reach Island 1 before Ozma.

Graham

I kinda like the ring of VF-25 Messiah.

Maybe a VF-25 is made of Vajra parts hence the "special-ness" of it? :lol:

And about cap ships blowing up...hmmm....not sure how big those gunships are but i think they are pretty small housing probably 20-30 ppl tops, about the size of a submarine? Even with PPBs, their output probably is slightly more powerful than a fighter's PPB i imagine and possibly might not help defend against the buster cannons. PPBs on the colony ship and Macross Quarter is a whole different ballgame.

Seems Luca's VF-25 has a combat option? I see that the radar fin or whatever it is goes on the shield. Possible to be used as a knife like Gundam Exia? :lol:

Actually, according to the official data released so far, a VF-25 fitted with Armoured Pack is only as fast as a bare VF-25 with no pack. The extra thrusters only compensate for the extra weight, but don't actually increase the speed any.

Interesting...but would weight matter in weghtless space though? Unless the thrusters on the VF-25 Armour has a lower output than the one on a Super pack, i don't see how it would be slower than a VF-25 Super.

The VF-25 with Super Pack fitted is faster, which explains why in episode 1/Deculture Edition Gilliam was able to reach Island 1 before Ozma.

Graham

...& yet he couldn't reach the Vajra on time to keep it from breaching the Island 1 dome...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

...but would weight matter in weghtless space though? Unless the thrusters on the VF-25 Armour has a lower output than the one on a Super pack, i don't see how it would be slower than a VF-25 Super.

Weight per se wouldn't matter, but additional mass would.

Weight per se wouldn't matter, but additional mass would.

Yeah...f=ma all that.

But i don't think the Armoured is very much "massier" than a Super. If anything the boosters fitted on the Armoured should be even more powerful than the Super. Unless of course they say that the Super's thrusters are dedicated thrusters whereas the Armoured has missiles and beam cannons and various others so it had to compensate the thrusters to house the extra weaponry.

So this is where MESSIAH comes from...

"REMEMBER

Oosora mau shirogareno tsubasa

Shao Pai Long*, Shao Pai Long

REMEMBER

Moeru hitomi yamiwo saku

Shao Pai Long, Shao Pai Long

Yameru miyaku motomete kita otoko...

EVIL SLAYERS

SLAYERS, SLAYERS

Shao pai long IS A VERY MESSIAH

kibouno hikariyo MESSIAH

Shao Pai Long"

* The correct Chinese pronounciation is "Xiao Bai Long" (

).

Man... I like this song a lot. It was used in the

... Oooh so many good memories... Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Man... I like this song a lot. It was used in the NES Macross game... Oooh so many good memories...

Yeah! I remmeber it fondly from the NES game too. The Minmay doll hits the gong, tells u how many valkyries u have left, then starts! :lol:

As well as the DYRL zentraedi attack. "IS A VERY MESSIAH!!" is funny engrish though.

Yeah! I remmeber it fondly from the NES game too. The Minmay doll hits the gong, tells u how many valkyries u have left, then starts! :lol:

As well as the DYRL zentraedi attack. "IS A VERY MESSIAH!!" is funny engrish though.

o yeah i remember that one sooo fondly too. my first ever macross computer game, and in a way still my favorite for the nostalgia and pure simplicity it offers. :)

never had much use for the battroid form though. too slow and vulnerable to missiles. what were its advantages anyway? more ofen than not, i stuck to gerwalk.

o yeah i remember that one sooo fondly too. my first ever macross computer game, and in a way still my favorite for the nostalgia and pure simplicity it offers. :)

never had much use for the battroid form though. too slow and vulnerable to missiles. what were its advantages anyway? more ofen than not, i stuck to gerwalk.

Fighter moves vertically (up and down) slow....but travels through the level very fast, allowing you to clear the level fast as well.

Gerwalk allows you to move vertically faster but travels through map slower. Best mode IMHO.

Battroid mode allows super fast vertical movement and allows you to shoot backwards but has very slow map scrolling. Practically useless mode.

I think during its time, its a nice representation of the different modes and their weaknesses and strengths.

The Red Large Vajra unit doesn't seem to be the same size of a fighter... It seems more to be the size of a VB-6 König Monster Destroid... but with the speed of a fighter... (That means... HUGE!!!).

I said "essentially the size", not "exactly the size".

Taksraven

The VF-171 was deployed as the NUNS mainline fighter back in 2058.

Which begs the question, what were NUNS using prior to 2058, the VF-11, VF-19, VF-22 or something else?

I'd love to know and hope we find out.

Graham

Which begs the question, what were NUNS using prior to 2058, the VF-11, VF-19, VF-22 or something else?

I'd love to know and hope we find out.

Graham

Good question and I want to know too. Which leads to another question: since the VF-171 is still considered new, why are they already developing the Messiah? Unless, of course, it was meant to fight the Vajra from the beginning and SMS was created for that purpose also.

BTW, anybody caught the name of the 171? Is it still the Nightmare or something else? I didn't recall seeing any name for it.

Good question and I want to know too. Which leads to another question: since the VF-171 is still considered new, why are they already developing the Messiah? Unless, of course, it was meant to fight the Vajra from the beginning and SMS was created for that purpose also.

BTW, anybody caught the name of the 171? Is it still the Nightmare or something else? I didn't recall seeing any name for it.

There's no name on it. :(

woah, you guys remember the nes macross game!!? that thing was bomb!!! i kept losing tho cuz i stuck to fighter mode until i got inside the ship. shoulda tried gerwalk..

Well, I saw a name that I did not recognize at first and figured that was the name for the "Stealth Cruiser". The Maizuru is actually the name of a Guantanamo Class ship according to the Macross Compendium:

Guantánamo (CV 299), Macross 7 Fleet, docked with Sunnyflower

Maizuru (CV/ARMD 362), Macross 7 Fleet

Mamoi (375), Macross 7 Fleet, destroyed July 2045.

i actually don't recall that class of ship ever being called guantanamo class except in english documents. i remember it always being maizuru class in japanese. but i could be remembering wrong.

So this is where MESSIAH comes from...

"REMEMBER

Oosora mau shirogareno tsubasa

Shao Pai Long*, Shao Pai Long

REMEMBER

Moeru hitomi yamiwo saku

Shao Pai Long, Shao Pai Long

Yameru miyaku motomete kita otoko...

EVIL SLAYERS

SLAYERS, SLAYERS

Shao pai long IS A VERY MESSIAH

kibouno hikariyo MESSIAH

Shao Pai Long"

* The correct Chinese pronounciation is "Xiao Bai Long" (

).

Man... I like this song a lot. It was used in the

... Oooh so many good memories...

Yeah, I thought that was a nice ode to the original series... However, I also glad that it's only the nick-name and not the NUNS official name...

i actually don't recall that class of ship ever being called guantanamo class except in english documents. i remember it always being maizuru class in japanese. but i could be remembering wrong.

Is there anyway we can confirm either Guantanamo or Maizuru as the class name? Because that would be really helpful.

Is there anyway we can confirm either Guantanamo or Maizuru as the class name? Because that would be really helpful.

i wish i could help you but i'm not the hardcore type of fan who keeps lots of reference material. i can't really confirm or deny anything.