Question for People who do good work from scratch

VFTF1

I have a question for anybody out there who is able to create figures/models from scratch...

I've been thinking about a Christmas present for my girlfriend - namely - I want to buy her ...HER!

I'd love to be able to give her a custom made doll/figure of her.

In order to do this - I need:

1) Someone who can take her picture and render an anime version of her.

2) Someone who can cast/create her in figure/model form.

I am a very amateur modeler - the only thing I've ever made are three Gundam MG kits and one Machine Collection Mazinger Z... and I have NEVER painted anything...

So I would like to have the thing painted and ready to present in gift form for Christmas :)

It does not have to be big (Revoltech size is just fine).

I have no clue how much such a commission would cost - but if anybody out there has experience doing this and would be interested, please PM me or give me a heads up in this section :)

I am also all for the idea of taking a "blank" doll and painting it as my girlfriend - basically I don't have a very precise idea of what the final product should look like - other than being an anime version of her - and I would obviously like to keep the costs down.

thanks!

VFTF1

Wow. Now this is something...

Trying to make something that difficult, possible...

I mean it from the point of view that asking someone to "built" this doll for you might cost surely into the hundreds.

My best bet is to go into websites were they sell Models. They, hopefully, will be able to direct you to a modeling sculptor which is more likely the person you should get in touch with for price and time quotes.

Also , this person is not going to come home and take a picture of your GF and then render it into an anime drawing. simply because unless you live in CA, FL or NYC the chances to find one who'll have time to go through all this are slim unless you are thinking on paying him/her a plane ticket. The best bet is taking a few picture yourself or ask her for one and then pay an artist in college or a high school buddy to do the scult for you.

The next step would be taking or emailing this picture to the sculptor and then have a quote for the job. He will be able to just sculpt the head and "dress" it to another previously made doll which in my opinion will be cheaper than actually having a full figure sculpted. Keep in mind that a commission of a wolverine or iron man master sculpted figure could go high into the hundreds or even thousands if made by a professional artist. I would tend to believe that a private sculptor might be less costly but just relatively lower. You will have to pay for the materials, labor time and maybe shipping.

Another option might be to get in touch with the artistic branch of a local university and ask for a student artist to have it made for you. Why this? because you could also make it a sort of a contract and since most artist college students are "starving" for work they might come to a good price terms plus do a pretty decent job.

Ryiu? (sp) is a known sculptor on this forums..it would be a good start on prices and such or at least he could point you into the right direction

Edited by 007-vf1

I have a question for anybody out there who is able to create figures/models from scratch...

I've been thinking about a Christmas present for my girlfriend - namely - I want to buy her ...HER!

I'd love to be able to give her a custom made doll/figure of her.

In order to do this - I need:

1) Someone who can take her picture and render an anime version of her.

2) Someone who can cast/create her in figure/model form.

I am a very amateur modeler - the only thing I've ever made are three Gundam MG kits and one Machine Collection Mazinger Z... and I have NEVER painted anything...

So I would like to have the thing painted and ready to present in gift form for Christmas :)

It does not have to be big (Revoltech size is just fine).

I have no clue how much such a commission would cost - but if anybody out there has experience doing this and would be interested, please PM me or give me a heads up in this section :)

I am also all for the idea of taking a "blank" doll and painting it as my girlfriend - basically I don't have a very precise idea of what the final product should look like - other than being an anime version of her - and I would obviously like to keep the costs down.

thanks!

VFTF1

I say look at the Takara Cy girls line, RAH or sideshow, find the closest one to her appearance and mod it. Plus, using a 12 inch figure you could get multiple outfits, weapons/accessories, etc.

• 4 weeks later...