Macross Frontier Episode 5 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 5 Rating  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Episode 5

• Positive (At least the girl is attractive)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I would hate the taste concrete on the 1st date)

I just remembered- I might have a new favorite character who emerges in episode 5! :)

Namely the Zendradi fellow with with the glasses... the older man who is most amazed by Ranka's talent and runs up to her after she's finished singing, calling to her.

We don't know who he is, what he wants... but I'm guessing he wants to promote her!

And good!

I already like him

VFTF1

That might very well be Britai's grandson you're talking about...

That might very well be Britai's grandson you're talking about...

Ok - now you're going to think I'm being sarcastic - but I swear I recognize that guy from somewhere.

Either his character design is heavily based on some dude from a movie I saw - but for the life of me can't recall... or he has actually appeared in Macross before...maybe in Macross 7?

He just really reminds of someone - although not of a Zendradi...

VFTF1

Ok - now you're going to think I'm being sarcastic - but I swear I recognize that guy from somewhere.

Either his character design is heavily based on some dude from a movie I saw - but for the life of me can't recall... or he has actually appeared in Macross before...maybe in Macross 7?

He just really reminds of someone - although not of a Zendradi...

VFTF1

He reminds you of the arcade owner from the original series...right?

Oddly enough ... yeah - I can see a slight connection... but other than the similarity of the glasses - no...

He reminds me of someone out of a Morgan Freeman movie...

Speaking of which - I found another reason to stop watching Macrss: Frontier - another example of the show just blatantly copying stuff!

Yesterday, I was watching "Chinatown" - Episode 15 of the Macross Saga, and when Minmey takes Hikaru to Yokohoma, she says "Mmmm! Smell that fresh salt water! You can't smell that smell anywhere else" - or something to that effect.

Why - this is just like Sheryl saying "There are so many wonderful smells here" about Frontier, and then explaining that Galaxy is powered by chemical facilities....

It's pretty much word for word - verbotem! Copy catting!

Yet another reason to hate Macross Frontier! Gr. bark. Roar. :)

VFTF1

Oddly enough ... yeah - I can see a slight connection... but other than the similarity of the glasses - no...

He reminds me of someone out of a Morgan Freeman movie...

Christopeher Reeve? Jim Carrey? Brad Pitt? The seal from "March of the Penguins"? Rita Moreno...?