Macross Frontier Episode 5 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 5 Rating  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Episode 5

• Positive (At least the girl is attractive)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I would hate the taste concrete on the 1st date)

The guy, with the hat and funny glasses, who yelled "Deculture!" when Ranka started singing looks like the owner of the Game Center in the original SDF Macross. This is when Max and Miria's game was put onto the big screen. ^_^

AH! but how many general anime's do you know of where the vibrating set cell phone is getting a pop singer off? HUH?! HUH?! ....................................................not many.

CHN Fans find a detail of EP.05.

Original thread:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=368228962

エキセドル・フォルモ(Exsedol Folmo)

ゼントラーディモール フォルモ(Zentraedi Mall, Folmo)

Gawd.................

Exsedol's business??

= =

Track 8 for the Macross F OST1 (the song Ranka sings in episode 5) is "8. What ’bout my star? @Formo" so it makes sense.

AH! but how many general anime's do you know of where the vibrating set cell phone is getting a pop singer off? HUH?! HUH?! ....................................................not many.

No, but I can think of several, actually quite a few, that have similar sexual scenes, ranging from Dragonball Z all the way to Pokemon. Serious, sex is sex and nothing about it is unnatural. Especially in a military-themed anime such as Macross. ^_^

Edited by Heron

Aha! Westlo, you bastard, is there any forum on the internet to which you don't belong? :p;)

I love Sheryl too. I'm not sure where the hatin' is coming from, but I think she's definitely an interesting character. I can't wait for subs on episode 5 because it looks great. I've been savoring a strong character development episode since the show began and episode 5 looks set to deliver.

I must say I like the idea of downloading a large high quality RAW version of Macross Frontier and then an itsy bitsy .ass subtile file such as the one from GATTAI. Thanks guys!

@ shouta: why would the original writers need to be punched in the face for what is canon (an exception can be made on M7)?

Reads like a bad fanfic!

Really though, a lot of Mac7 reads like a bad fanfic (it's my #1 favorite series ever, but even I recognize how poorly written the show is) so it's not surprising but I was just expecting them to write the backstory while avoiding that gaffe. :lol:

Edited by Shouta

Or maybe he will appear to die a horrible way in the hands of the lobster... :rolleyes:

I couldn't see the most popular Macross character being killed off in such a manner. But a cameo, no matter how brief, would be awesome!

The guy, with the hat and funny glasses, who yelled "Deculture!" when Ranka started singing looks like the owner of the Game Center in the original SDF Macross. This is when Max and Miria's game was put onto the big screen. ^_^

Exactly who I thought it looked like. I can't find a picture or him though.

Taksraven

Are people watching Macross with rose colored glasses? I really don't see how Frontier has anymore sexual content than previous series, or your average anime in general.

Especially since in Macross Zero we had Sara TOTALLY NAKED!!! :blink:

Taksraven

Especially since in Macross Zero we had Sara TOTALLY NAKED!!! :blink:

Taksraven

...just like Minmai in DYRL...

Heh. I have a small, old paperback that has the Zentradi alphabet in it...and when I first got the Animeigo DVDs, I actually paused them a couple times to see what was written on the screen...generally, it was just "ABCDE..." and I never went any further...

So how much ARE Zentradi high heels going for these days...?

(Btw, the red characters read... "S-A-L-E")

I used the Zentradi Alphabet...

Regarding the original Macross... Actually I saw a pretty accurate use of the Zentradi alphabet there. For example, Bodolza fleet's mecha had a big "B" Zen character, Quamzin's forces had a big "Q" in their mecha's & I believe Milia Fallyna's Q-Rau had a big "M" above an "F" on its torso, & an "L" on the micro-missile launchers on both its legs (Laplamiz Fleet?)...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I am convinced that this is going to be my favorite anime since 1989...

I can't describe my utter joy and elation.

And I am the pickiest anime watcher ever...I've disliked almost 90% of the anime made post 1997 (when the switch to mostly CG from hand drawn/painted was done). This series is simply a fan-love fest in every aspect. Everything you could want is in it.

Edited by ComicKaze

oh c'mon, I preffer a woman who knows what she wants and knows what to do about it, why is she a drama queen?, she's been sorta controlling everything around her since she arrived, that's a determined women for you, I admit, she's a bit pushy, only situations she seemed to have lost control were by loosing her earing and flashing Alto, hahaha

I don't like Ranka, the girl is f*cked up, she doesn't know who she is was or wants, she's too happy and then she's too sad, seems to me like she's borderline bypolar, this kind of girls are the drama queens

I think you are talking about Histrionic Personality Disorder. This is what drama queen seems to be about. Bipolar Disorder is another thing.

Ranka has some kind of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, but aside from this she is pretty normal.

FV

Also don't forget Minmay's shower scene and Issamu making out with Lucy :blink:

I know, I was just using the most recent example....

Taksraven

I agree, KK is far less ridiculous in this episode... actually, she's not at all.

Too bad they couldn't just get rid of the Loli thing. With a normal mature KK as a potential love interest for any of the other characters, I'd prefer that then the laughs.

The gattai sub has some minor corrections required. Luckily, .ass are just text files that can be easily edited by a notepad. It seems Gattai won't bother about a v2, so you should do it by yourself.

Line to correct:

Dialogue: 0,0:15:43.05,0:15:47.13,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,We can presume it's being controlled by someone else.

(originally it had "be" instead of "by")

Missing line (the first line lasted in lieu of the second):

Dialogue: 0,0:21:25.52,0:21:28.30,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,Heheh. Well, Ranka's becoming something, too.

Dialogue: 0,0:21:29.00,0:21:31.35,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,So I can go back to Galaxy without worrying.

(I redid timing on my own by ear. I don't know if there is professional software to time subtitles)

FV

The gattai sub has some minor corrections required. Luckily, .ass are just text files that can be easily edited by a notepad. It seems Gattai won't bother about a v2, so you should do it by yourself.

Line to correct:

Dialogue: 0,0:15:43.05,0:15:47.13,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,We can presume it's being controlled by someone else.

(originally it had "be" instead of "by")

Missing line (the first line lasted in lieu of the second):

Dialogue: 0,0:21:25.52,0:21:28.30,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,Heheh. Well, Ranka's becoming something, too.

Dialogue: 0,0:21:29.00,0:21:31.35,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,So I can go back to Galaxy without worrying.

(I redid timing on my own by ear. I don't know if there is professional software to time subtitles)

FV

This line should be cahnged too from

Dialogue: 0,0:13:10.24,0:13:12.31,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,Alright, I've get it. I lose.

changed to

Dialogue: 0,0:13:10.24,0:13:12.31,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,Alright, I've got it. I lose.

and change this

Dialogue: 0,0:14:18.82,0:14:20.12,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,This place's are great.

to this

Dialogue: 0,0:14:18.82,0:14:20.12,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,These place's are great.

though I am just correcting this to make it make more sense as i dont understand what they are saying it could have been meant to say "this place is great" or "these places are great" depending if he is refering to Zentraedi malls in general or this particular mall could also be talking about the particular the ice cream stand or chain of stands if it is a large business.

Edited by Sorata

Too bad they couldn't just get rid of the Loli thing. With a normal mature KK as a potential love interest for any of the other characters, I'd prefer that then the laughs.

Have we been watching the same Macross over the years? Cause the Macross I watch don't take themselves too seriously and are always a tad bit silly.

Also,

Dialogue: 0,0:05:05.20,0:05:06.20,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,Lt Commander Ozma Lee.

should be changed to

Dialogue: 0,0:05:05.20,0:05:06.20,Union Flag,,0000,0000,0000,,Major Ozma Lee.

Macross uses Army and Air Force ranks, not Navy, so Shousa would be Major, not Lt Commander. The Compendium also lists Ozma as a Major.

Edited by Phil K

Even when Klan is in her giant form, she still be a loli compared with the VF-25 :lol: (Note: DYRL size references)

Aha! Westlo, you bastard, is there any forum on the internet to which you don't belong? :p;)

This will be my 5th forum I'm posting on.. and I post on a few blogs as well.. it's not that much... *whistles* Anyway I was lured here by the 5th chapter of the manga! I would've signed up much earlier if I knew it was being translated and scanned here, I did browse this forum from time to time though.. must have missed it. And yeah the Sheryl hate on some forums was a bit OTT at first... though I guess it should be expected.. confident/arrogant females always get hated on even though they are generally more interesting. I'm glad to see this episode has changed a lot of people's opinions of her.

Edited by Westlo