Bandai 1/55 VF-1A Hikaru and VF-1A Max, with fast packs

CF18

How many other 9" tall fully variable and armored Valkyrie toys are you finding for less than $85?

To answer this question, I don't know of any,,, but, how many of them are re-re-issues of a 20+ year old, outdated design? None, and that's why it's too high of a price IMO. Don't get me wrong, I love the chunky monkey's but for all the re-issues I got, I just about paid the samp price with shipping included from Japan. I'm glad Toynami is finally doing something right by distributing these over here. I'm just not sure about the high price for the non- armored versions. For me, I'd rather spend a little more and get something that is more articulated and closer to lineart than that.

I'm also just waiting on the Elintseeker and Ostrich. If they aren't made, oh well, I'm not gonna spend my money on stuff I already bought at the same price 5-6 years ago from overseas.

Edited by Jasonc

To answer this question, I don't know of any,,, but, how many of them are re-re-issues of a 20+ year old, outdated design? None, and that's why it's too high of a price IMO

The other alternative is paying vintage prices for a vintage one. Reissues for other toy lines are no different. Some Transformers reissues, some much smaller, were in the same price range.

Well, I don't think it's a bad thing they are coming out, however, I do get kinda ticked when I see a domestic company gouging the prices. I know they are going to be pricey, but I expect that from paying import prices, not from my back yard. It's business, and nothing personal, so I can't say anything bad as far as lies or anything shady from Toynami. With the chunkies coming over here, I hope it does open up the market for more Macross stuff here in the U.S., and I hope I'm not just being to optimistic.

Well, I don't think it's a bad thing they are coming out, however, I do get kinda ticked when I see a domestic company gouging the prices. I know they are going to be pricey, but I expect that from paying import prices, not from my back yard. It's business, and nothing personal, so I can't say anything bad as far as lies or anything shady from Toynami. With the chunkies coming over here, I hope it does open up the market for more Macross stuff here in the U.S., and I hope I'm not just being to optimistic.

HLJ has the VF-1J/S for 7800 yen. Robotech.com has them listed for pre-order for $79.99. The Super valkyries are set for 9000 yen, and etailers here have preorders up for $84.99. That isn't gouging.

I spoke with George Sohn this afternoon and got a rundown of the how the 1/55 Valkyries are coming to the states. In short, Toynami has partnered with one of the Bandai divisions, Tamashi, earlier this year (February, I recall) and is calling the partnership Toynami/Tamashi

Because of this partnership and coupled with the 'Macross distribution rights outside of Japan' licensed through HG, Toynami is able to bring them stateside without involvement/approvals with Big West. The 1/55 molds are the EXACT same as those used to produce the Bandai Valkyries Reissues years back.

-K

hey kevin, did george sohn said anything any plans about reissuing the elint, super o and the strike valk?

Been skimming through this thread.... interesting stuff!

So Kevin, does this mean that VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.com is re-opening? And is this just on hehalf of the whole Toynami re-issue thing?

He's been doing quite a bit of business lately and I am certain that it IS NOT for just Toynami reissue stuff.

:ph34r:

I don't think he's reopening, I think he's just ordering for himself through his contact, and he's ordering in bulk and passing the savings on to us.

Good point.....THANKS K DOGG!!!

I do get kinda ticked when I see a domestic company gouging the prices. I know they are going to be pricey, but I expect that from paying import prices, not from my back yard.

Toynami asking literally a couple of extra bucks (to cover import fees, tariffs and freight, humn?) is nothing compared to how Diamond has been raping our wallets on Revoltech toys and nearly every other item they import - when in some cases Diamond has literally doubled the import price over the Japanese MSRP.

This is actually a very sensible thing to do on Yamato's part - since the swing bar is so delicate, and it wouldn't be a good idea - for example - to let it tangle with the legs attached while you're transforming the main body (I just always transform it on a flat surface or on my laps so the swing bar doesn't dangle) -- but you can also cheat - and just remove the legs...

Delicate!? Delicate, my fat, hairy ass! Anybody ever broken a 1/48 swing bar?

Not saying it's never happened, but I've never heard of it.

1/48s are far tougher than people give them credit for.

Heh, I think I shocked Mwer Solscud recently, with how roughly I transformed a 1/48.

Graham

we are either paying the exact same price as in japan, or a little under.

that's what I'm talkin about! I'm hoping for under. That would be a pleasent change.

Delicate!? Delicate, my fat, hairy ass! Anybody ever broken a 1/48 swing bar?

Not saying it's never happened, but I've never heard of it.

1/48s are far tougher than people give them credit for.

Heh, I think I shocked Mwer Solscud recently, with how roughly I transformed a 1/48.

Graham

Anyone with a budget to get only one 1/48 at a time, will be appalled at how you transform them. Graham, you might want to check your valks at the stress points for hairline cracks and stressmarks on the plastic. People generally transform their Yamatos gently because of the wear and tear that will happen eventually to their valks, due to Yamato's love for the use of plastics and their piss poor infantile and antiquated transforming methods.

I too have multiples of some of Yamato's VF designs, but I transform them all gently because I want them to last a very long time.

Edited by Beware of Blast

So.....how about those Reissue Super VF-1As?!? I am in the correct topic right?!? Wow...I hope the Booby Ducks are a bit darker than that of the 2002 Reissue Super VF-1S. That would be GREAT!

Anyone with a budget to get only one 1/48 at a time, will be appalled at how you transform them. Graham, you might want to check your valks at the stress points for hairline cracks and stressmarks on the plastic. People generally transform their Yamatos gently because of the wear and tear that will happen eventually to their valks, due to Yamato's love for the use of plastics and their piss poor infantile and antiquated transforming methods.

I too have multiples of some of Yamato's VF designs, but I transform them all gently because I want them to last a very long time.

Very true and I agree. I am also very careful with my Valks, especially the VF-0x series. The arms were so delicate I felt that I was going to break the damn thing. The same care I also apply to my 1/48s. That is why when my buds asked if they are fragile how am I gonna transform them? I usually reply :-

"You gotta have brave but gentle fingers." :lol:

At worst, rare and exotic could mean Max and Milia. However I don't think thats the case here, as those weren't rare or exotic in Japan. At best, it means the DYRL armor trio and GPS-1. Those haven't been reissued at all, so that definitely fits the bill for rare and exotic.

I do concur. I can't wait too get the news. That will be almost as exciting as actually getting the valk. Ohhhhhh my mind wonders to the dream land or wonderous illusions were I am zooming around my Super O....."Swooooooooosh" :rolleyes:

I do concur. I can't wait too get the news. That will be almost as exciting as actually getting the valk. Ohhhhhh my mind wonders to the dream land or wonderous illusions were I am zooming around my Super O....."Swooooooooosh" rolleyes.gif

After watching DYRL again in recent years, I WANT the Super-O. That is one beautiful bird. I remember my first days on Macrossworld when Shawn and Graham made the Bandai toy section, and uploaded pics of the Bandai armor trio. DROOL. The Super O has a nice color scheme and looks great in battroid mode.

The ELINT seeker is bad ass. Even if its unarmed, just look at it. That toy has presence. Part of this is because of the sculpt that Takatoku had, balanced in all modes, powerful battroid mode.

Strike...well anyone who liked DYRL wants the Strike. Lets just hope they give it 4 missle clusters this time around.

After watching DYRL again in recent years, I WANT the Super-O. That is one beautiful bird. I remember my first days on Macrossworld when Shawn and Graham made the Bandai toy section, and uploaded pics of the Bandai armor trio. DROOL. The Super O has a nice color scheme and looks great in battroid mode.

The ELINT seeker is bad ass. Even if its unarmed, just look at it. That toy has presence. Part of this is because of the sculpt that Takatoku had, balanced in all modes, powerful battroid mode.

Strike...well anyone who liked DYRL wants the Strike. Lets just hope they give it 4 missle clusters this time around.

Ohhhhh babt oh baby.....I know what you mean. The only way i want to buy an elint anyways is if it's a chunky. Although I may break down and get a 1/60 v2 Super O as well as a chunky.

I have to admit I'm just astounded at the paranoia here. It simply amazing. Like Bandai doesn't know how to do business with a foreign company like they've been doing for years, and like Takara and Tomy before them.

Ooohhh, Toynami is soooooo evil. Everyone b1tch3s & cries that they can't get genuine Japanese Macross toys from a toy company outside of Japan. Now it'll be rolling right out of Bandai's factories, into Bandai packaging and showing up stateside with nothing but a distro sticker on the box. Finally! After decades. But Toynami touched it! Now its got cooties! Parts will fall off! It'll make my other Valks cry! I'm soooo worried! The molds, the molds! The lies, the lies! Oh, no! Yamato save us!

Gimme a break. This is just ridiculous and embarrassing. The armchair conspiracy theories and fanjaculations are laughable.

Sure, just pay more and have 'em shipped from Japan so you can keep it all out of Toynami's evil hands. Help prove to Bandai that the Tamashi division is a waste of their time and that no one in the west wants to buy their stupid toys. Call the warehouse & tell 'em Tamashi said to stop refurbishing that other tooling, we lost the North American & UK markets.

Gah...

Hear, Hear. ArcoRay, I agree with your position and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. :)

What everybody really ought to be saying is [Churchill] "This... is your victory." [/Churchill]. This is a good sign from a company that's controlled by a company with a historical acrimony towards most of the Japanese players in the Macross Legal Saga, and vice versa.

Personally, I'm enthused, and hope this is the sign of a new and fresh start between Tatsunoko/HG and Big West/Studio Nue, though breath-holding may not be in order just yet :). Over on the ANN boards, one of the posters seemed to be manifesting Sith/Graham-like skills and saying that something might be coming down the pike in August. Something big. But even that was conjecture, and I have absolutely no idea what it might be. (Although if it's something earth-shattering like a R1 release of DYRL, I definetly wouldn;t say no...)

Edited by Pat Payne

Over on the ANN boards, one of the posters seemed to be manifesting Sith/Graham-like skills and saying that something might be coming down the pike in August. Something big. But even that was conjecture, and I have absolutely no idea what it might be. (Although if it's something earth-shattering like a R1 release of DYRL, I definetly wouldn;t say no...)

Could be the rumor that has been flying around that Frontier will get a US DVD release. Normally, I'd discount this completely, but I did hear it from a normally very reliable source.

Graham

Could be the rumor that has been flying around that Frontier will get a US DVD release. Normally, I'd discount this completely, but I did hear it from a normally very reliable source.

Graham

Lets just pray that that liscense goes to bandai and not bandai visual so we don't end up paying $40 for 3 episodes of subbed only anime. If that's the case I'll stick with the fansubs

I have to admit I'm just astounded at the paranoia here. It simply amazing. Like Bandai doesn't know how to do business with a foreign company like they've been doing for years, and like Takara and Tomy before them.

Ooohhh, Toynami is soooooo evil. Everyone b1tch3s & cries that they can't get genuine Japanese Macross toys from a toy company outside of Japan. Now it'll be rolling right out of Bandai's factories, into Bandai packaging and showing up stateside with nothing but a distro sticker on the box. Finally! After decades. But Toynami touched it! Now its got cooties! Parts will fall off! It'll make my other Valks cry! I'm soooo worried! The molds, the molds! The lies, the lies! Oh, no! Yamato save us!

Gimme a break. This is just ridiculous and embarrassing. The armchair conspiracy theories and fanjaculations are laughable.

Sure, just pay more and have 'em shipped from Japan so you can keep it all out of Toynami's evil hands. Help prove to Bandai that the Tamashi division is a waste of their time and that no one in the west wants to buy their stupid toys. Call the warehouse & tell 'em Tamashi said to stop refurbishing that other tooling, we lost the North American & UK markets.

Gah...

Well put. This is a big victory for us Macross fans in that not only do we see a US release of these items at prices less then the Japanese release, but since most (if not all) of these toys will be released as Macross products and NOT as Robotech, it's a validation of the real series.

I actual prefer fansubs.

I like my stuff original with minimal intervention.

Hear that, Harmony Gold? You've been wasting your time, just like those Toynami, Tamashi & Bandai dolts. Don't you know Macross is too good to be touched by gaijin hands?

Thanks for adding your voice to the efforts to kill Macross for the rest of us, VFTF1.

these toys will be released as Macross products and NOT as Robotech, it's a validation of the real series.

...A validation I've been waiting for since I bought my first Macross toys & kits back in '83, then watched what little trickled in to the US with names like ROBOTECH, CONVERTORS, JETFIRE, or CLASH OF THE BIONOIDS written on it.

I don't know.

Back to chunky goodness, since the armor isn't really that much more plastic, I can see the strike priced the same as the Max/Hikaru Super sets.

Same here....at least I hope so. They may say a tiny bit more because of the clip on missiles and the Minmei figure....that is if they decide to bring those items back into the mix.