Macross Frontier and Fansubs

Duke Togo

That should be the right channel, and I am getting my line speed at 500KB/s from their bot.

This must all sound rather daft to you guys, but I'm kinda new to these matters.

So, how does one go about msg-ing such a bot? Seems I'm the only one on channel, and how do I ask it for a file?

Thanks!

There are hundreds in the channel. You are either in the wrong channel / server, or they need you to be registered. See http://www.rizon.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18 (use a throwaway free mail address)

For download tutorial, assuming you are using mIRC: http://www.anime-hq.org/irc.php?page=download

Thanks. got it all working now. Right channel, wrong server, after all. I found the new eps 19 + 20 here:

/msg THORA|Chikara xdcc send #233

/msg THORA|Chikara xdcc send #234

EDIT:

Turns out Chikara doesn't have ep 19. So, the correct xdcc numbers are:

/msg THORA|Thunder xdcc send #233 = ep 19

/msg THORA|Chikara xdcc send #233 = ep 20

Edited by rankafan

Direct-download of THORA subs from anywhere seems nigh-impossible for the past few months. I found most of the eps up to 13, but 14 was taken down almost the moment it went up (my fave ep of course) and haven't been able to find it since.

Direct-download of THORA subs from anywhere seems nigh-impossible for the past few months. I found most of the eps up to 13, but 14 was taken down almost the moment it went up (my fave ep of course) and haven't been able to find it since.

Have you tried their IRC server too? I was surprised I could download everything (see post above) without speed-caps even.

P.S. Cute image of Grace O'Connor, BTW; she's so delightfully devious! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I started a topic inquiring about the state of fan subs for Mac7 and MacF and it was deleted. Are we not supposed to talk about fansubs anymore?

The last re-done [VIP] Mac7 dubs I've been able to get were 28-32 back in January.

The last MacF BD rip appeared in February.

Anyone have any news? Is the last MacF BD actually available yet?

I started a topic inquiring about the state of fan subs for Mac7 and MacF and it was deleted. Are we not supposed to talk about fansubs anymore?

The last re-done [VIP] Mac7 dubs I've been able to get were 28-32 back in January.

The last MacF BD rip appeared in February.

Anyone have any news? Is the last MacF BD actually available yet?

Isn't it here?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=758149

Your are right sir. It was moved obviously. Since I was looking for a response from the fan subbers or someone in the know this thread I thought this thread would be the place to ask if a new topic was not acceptable.

Edited by DestroidDefender

the well seems to have dried up, at least for subbed BD rips.

anyone got news on subbed BD rips of ep19-25?

Indeed, this is quite troubling. :( I haven't seen any new THORA subs on the xdcc server, either. I sure hope THORA hasn't given up on this project yet, or we're humped. :)

Edited by rankafan

i'll take it any which way. really jonesing for some BD MF quite a while now.

anyone here got some pointers for mIRC?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've never got a handle on mIRC. I downloaded the client and tried the advice on the previous page and found nada.

Anyone want to hold my hand thru this?

I can log onto #THORAnime@irc.rizon.net . When I try and register is says No Nickserver ; when I try and go to Thunder channel it says no such channel.

How do I navigate to the channels where I find the fileserver?

Edited by DestroidDefender

got this from the THORA site:

"Get an IRC application. Open it and type “/server irc.rizon.net” then “/join #thoranime” without the quotes.

Now, on this website there is a tab on the top that says “XDCC List” CLick on that and you’ll see three names (Thunder, Chikara, and Arutha) Thes are the bots where you get the files from. Click on one of the links next to the name to see the list of files. Find the file you want and look at its number (such as #35)

Back on the IRC client look at the list of names and right click on one that has the same name of the bot you want(Thunder, Chikara, or Arutha) and select “open new dialog” Once there type “xdcc send 35″ and it will send #35."

thing is, i've only successfully downloaded ep22.

ep19 and 20 stopped with "Transfer incomplete", and with ep 21 and 23 the xdcc query seems to be completely ignored.

haven't tried again, so hope somebody can also shed some light on this.

better yet, i hope somebody puts these up for torrent.

"Get an IRC application. Open it and type “/server irc.rizon.net” then “/join #thoranime” without the quotes.

Now, on this website there is a tab on the top that says “XDCC List” CLick on that and you’ll see three names (Thunder, Chikara, and Arutha) Thes are the bots where you get the files from. Click on one of the links next to the name to see the list of files. Find the file you want and look at its number (such as #35)

Back on the IRC client look at the list of names and right click on one that has the same name of the bot you want(Thunder, Chikara, or Arutha) and select “open new dialog” Once there type “xdcc send 35″ and it will send #35."

ep19 and 20 stopped with "Transfer incomplete", and with ep 21 and 23 the xdcc query seems to be completely ignored.

Or simply type:

/msg THORA|Thunder xdcc send 285

In the stats window. Also, I was able to get all eps just fine, this way. You need a recent mIRC client, though.

Or simply type:

/msg THORA|Thunder xdcc send 285

In the stats window. Also, I was able to get all eps just fine, this way. You need a recent mIRC client, though.

I'm using mIRC 6.35

As I said I can connect to THORA. I get the message "Now Talking on #THORAnime@irc.rizon.net"

But I'm the only one on the user list. And if I send "/msg THORA|Thunder xdcc send 289" I get "No such Nick/Channel"

Maybe I'll try a different client. It's like I'm on the wrong server but the name appears to be correct.

i also got the same irc client.

when you've connected to the THORA server, you should see Thunder in the right pane. right-click on that and choose "query". then type "xdcc send __"

I'm not connected to the right server or I don't have the right permissions or something because I see only my nick in the right pane...

Okay I retried it manually ["Get an IRC application. Open it and type “/server irc.rizon.net” then “/join #thoranime”.] connecting to server and joining channel - now I'm in.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work with mIRC's "wizards" but it seems to be working if typed. Huzzah!

The Thora releases are terrible IMO.

There was no reason for them to continually pollute the screen with Karaoke, let alone hardsubbed, animated, Karaoke. Bunch of typical weboos.

Also what is with the awful encoding? Their release somehow manages to look worse than the Chinese POPGO releases, while having much larger filesizes.

Where I can download episode 13 from the THORA releases with MegaUpload, RapidShare, etc (no torrents please because they are too slow) ? I tried GetFanSub but the link is broken. :(

Edited by Macross007

Hi! Would anyone be kind of enough to help a newbie on using IRC. I was able to log into the #thoranime channel but they wanted to bomb me because I probable did something stupid since this my first time. Once I'm on the channel the right pane just has a list of all the users in the channel. Do I just go ahead and put "/MSG THORA|Arutha XDCC SEND x" and get the file I want. If so, can I go ahead and put in more than one send or do I wait til the file is sent and then submit another request. Or was I suppose to connect to one of Thora's server. Appreciate any help, hope I made some sense.