Macross Frontier and Fansubs

Duke Togo

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=651347

As I said earlier, Menclave is as good as Shinsen. But Menclave is ridiculously slow on almost any show they work on. They know it and honestly don't care.

BTW.... the triumvirate of AonE & Gekkostate & Menclave had a translation error in episode 1, they translated Mihkail as Frankie. :ph34r: But later on its all translated to Mikhail. :) Check out there Macross F scripts here. :D

THORA's are from the blu-rays and should contain the animation fixes. subs are ok too. only up to ep4 though but they usually follow through as the BD's are released. i'll be following their releases as it is 720p and visibly sharper. still hoping for a boxed series i can buy though, to get the full HD experience.

if you're sticking with lunar or gg, look out for their batch releases so you can just leave your comp on while several eps download in one go. also keeps you from failing the marshmallow test and sneaking a view of eps already downloaded ;)

Is it just me, or is the audio for Lunar's episode 25 out of sync with the video by 1 second?

Is it just me, or the video seems to be faulty at 11:03?

Mellow Yellow: Does it? Didn't notice that. Which version you're referring to? I'm using AVI version. :)

It's actually the video that's out of sync with the audio. It looks like Lunar messed up on their frame rate settings for the video. The desync becomes noticeable after about 4 minutes and it falls in and out of sync, though I don't think it ever reaches as bad as a full second. This in in their *.avi version at the very least.

Got a chance to review their *.mkv, and it suffers from the same exact issue, so it looks like either they didn't proof their raw first since their subtitle timing is matched to the audio in both files. Hopefully they'll come out with a second version for those who want to store their releases.

Edited by veffidas

haha i'll be good, honest. :p Hey i've lasted this long! (must be one of 5 members here still haven't watched an episode.)

Hey i downloaded the " h264 version " (higher quality, bigger file - http://www.animesuki.com/releases.php/m.html)

but as embarrising as it is i have no idea what type of player or specs i need to view it.

So i'm downloading the AVI smaller version anyways, but love to view the better quallity one, what would i need guys?

Cheers heaps for your big help already!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

hey, don't mention it. you did welcome me when i first went on these boards.

pages 27-30 of this thread has a good discussion of players to use. i've always used VLC until mid season when i shifted to gg's mkv format. been very happy with CCCP+Media Player classic (http://www.cccp-project.net/) that comes with the package.

word of advise though: anything less than 1280x720 wouldn't be doing MF justice. my pc is 4 yrs old, so the system requirements for playing these aren't really that high.

cheers

Cool as, i'll look into downloading one of those players this weekend.

My new 17" HP laptop should look decent enough :p

i may have got one of these specs wrong (it's from memory) but this is the jist of what i scored 2 weeks ago -

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel® Core ™2 Duo CPU T9400 2.53 GHz

4.00 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 9?0?00M(I think) GT

I think i will stay away from Epi 25 Lunar then from reports. Thanks Veffidas.

Any other episodes i should be aware of with Lunar?

Cheers again. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ever since I downloaded the new version of CCCP to correct the issue ep 24 had, Media Player Classic loads really slowly--sometimes takes 15 secs before the mkv actually plays. As in, the player itself loads instantly, but I get 10-15secs of black nothingness before the file actually plays. Now, after that first loading, subsequent MKV files are quick--but a month ago my PC could start an MKV "cold" in like 1 sec. Anyone know why/what happened? I notice that the new version of MPC has the "home cinema" thing in the description, and I don't recall that in the previous version. (my previous CCCP was probably 9 months old). Is there a way to get the "old" version of of MPC with the newer version of CCCP or are they intertwined?

Ok, it's not MPC itself (found an old version). It just seems that the new version of CCCP takes forever to load vobsub, haali, ffdshow, etc. It used to take just a second or two, now it takes 10, sometimes even 20 secs. Did they suddenly bloat 10-fold in the last revision?

i believe only Lunar has done it start to end.

shinsen is only up to 14, but may yet complete it.... eventually.

Wondering if Shinsen is a mostly female group as they seem to focus on some odd titles, like Prince of Tennis and some Clamp stuff.

Graham

Downloading the THORA releases since they're the only DVD release I can find at the moment. Still, I'm kinda considering getting another set of subs in case I find the THORA ones iffy (I've only seen their Yack! Deculture release so far though).

Did anybody find the video quality of Lunar's release of ep # 25 really, really poor?

I found the video quality much worse than other episodes Lunar have released. Really fuzzy, blurred and pixellated in places.

Graham

Seconded. It's really a poor quality video, most notable is the broken scene in 11:03. As a long time viewer of Lunar, I can't say I'm not disappointed by that.

Did anybody find the video quality of Lunar's release of ep # 25 really, really poor?

I found the video quality much worse than other episodes Lunar have released. Really fuzzy, blurred and pixellated in places.

Graham

Yes, and the timing of some sections would require ultra fast reading skills. They sing from their tummy's O.o did Ranka really say that?

I've got a question, is anyone else other than THORA doing the DVD/Blu-ray releases? Some of their subbing is kinda annoying (e.g. Vajula instead of Vajra). If not anyone know where I can get some other groups sub files so I can just tack em on to raws of the DVD/Blu-ray releases.

I've got a question, is anyone else other than THORA doing the DVD/Blu-ray releases? Some of their subbing is kinda annoying (e.g. Vajula instead of Vajra). If not anyone know where I can get some other groups sub files so I can just tack em on to raws of the DVD/Blu-ray releases.

I've only seen the first episode they did, and it seemed that atleast on that episode they were using the Shinsen script. I could be wrong.

I've only seen the first episode they did, and it seemed that atleast on that episode they were using the Shinsen script. I could be wrong.

Did Shinsen use Vajula as well and have the VF-171s at the start codenamed Reamer (instead of the more logical and military sounding Lima)? The rest of the subs were decent, but the small things like those can really annoy me since I tend to nitpick at times.

Edited by d3v

Did Shinsen use Vajula as well and have the VF-171s at the start codenamed Reamer (instead of the more logical and military sounding Lima)? The rest of the subs were decent, but the small things like those can really annoy me since I tend to nitpick at times.

All of the first episode subs were screwed up, because they didn't know alot about the series at the time. Most names were best guesses.

Is it confirmed the Lunar High rez/High quality releases suffer from blurry/crappy video? I was making future plans to grab Frontier from them, but I'm a sucker for good video quality :(

Should I wait until it's released from someone else? THORA perhaps?

Edited by isamu

You guys should download the episodes done by gg+foganime

The subtitles are well done and th episodes are HD. Be warned though, the files use a lot of resources and if you don't have a good computer the audio will go out sync with the video.

But GG only started from episode 7 and they're using the original TV release and not the touched up BluRay/DVD ones.

I just finished watching the last episode of macross frontier... I have only seen the HD lunar anime subs and I have to say that they're pretty accurate. (or at least appear to be). I also like the fact that every little song or background speech was also subbed so on the side so you can learn whats happening in the background as it relates to the characters dialogue.

Some ppl were complaining that the lunar anime files video quality was bad but it looked fine to me... Just remember to use media player classic to play the mkvs and you should be fine.

hey, don't mention it. you did welcome me when i first went on these boards.

pages 27-30 of this thread has a good discussion of players to use. i've always used VLC until mid season when i shifted to gg's mkv format. been very happy with CCCP+Media Player classic (http://www.cccp-project.net/) that comes with the package.

word of advise though: anything less than 1280x720 wouldn't be doing MF justice. my pc is 4 yrs old, so the system requirements for playing these aren't really that high.

cheers

Hey gotta thank you again for giving me the link to download the player, just sneeked a peek at the Frontier intro! AWESOME!!! but i gotta hold out till i download all of em.

I'll be ignoring the AVI and only down the MKV high quality ones. (quality taken from Blue-Ray i guess?)

Frontier intro rocks!!!! Love how they showed Hik, Roy, Misa and Minmay with a shocked Breetai. :p, ahh 24 episodes to go.

The subs look fine! I don't care if there are little in-accuracies, but i think i will dodge the last episode like people have mentioned if the quality is that bad.

Time to watch Frontier...

Downloading the Luna big MKV files.

But I'm having major issues playing them on VLC. The player keeps lagging and locking up.

I installed Media Player Classic and the CCCP codec pack, and it works a lot better but I'm still having major problems making the series unwatchable for me. Any scene that involves panning becomes choppy, and the video and audio won't stay in sync for more than 5 seconds or so. Something isn't working right. Is it just my old-a$$ computer?

AMD (1802 MHz)

Memory: 1024 MB

Microsoft Windows XP

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9600/9550/X1050 Series x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE2

Maybe I need to download the smaller Luna files, but I'd hate to sacrifice video quality for such a beautifully animated series.

Any computer experts have any ideas or suggestions?