Macross Frontier and Fansubs

Duke Togo

I usually watch the episodes multiple times, starting with the live stream, then the first HD raw, then finally the first sub (and eventually, maybe another sub or two), but I'm with Sergorn--for the final episode, I'm going to wait for the first sub. It should only be a few days later, anyway. Until then, when episode 25 airs, I'm staying away from the forums. :)

Add me into that game. I also download the raw and then watch the episode with subs again, but for Frontier 25, I'm leaving the forums on Wednesday and not coming back until I've seen it, with subs (if I don't come back, I love you all guys - except KlanForever, 'cause he cannot understand us <_< )

Edited by Lindem Herz

exactly 4 days from now, MF ep25 will be airing. i am wondering how many of us will use that time to contemplate how to approach the end of the line. (those who are well-versed in japanese need not apply)

Same as much of my M:F runs:

1) Avoid most anime forums and blogs on Thursday.

2) When I get home at 6:45pm EST, watchable quality raw may be already released. #Zero-Raws and #TV-Tokyo have speedy xdcc server, so I usually leech from them.

3) Watch the raw at 7:30pm after dinner, then go to this forum and read.

4) Popgo Chinese sub in rmvb may come out at around 1am EST. Start the BT job then go to bed.

5) Watch the rmvb on Friday morning.

Thursday will be boring again next week. :unsure:

By the way, now that Macross Frontier ended I wish to thank all groups that fansubbed it. Keep up the good work guys, and see ya for the movie ^_^

FV

Indeed. For those who still lurk, thank you for all of your time and effort. You guys did a great job and I think I can speak for all of us when I say we truly do appreciate it.

So with the final episode all done (and subbed?) What Brand of Subbing would one in the know reccommend to someone who is keen to download? (with less errors i guess and nice format in screen) Got me new laptop 17" and i'm rearing to go!

Thanks in Advance guys.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Indeed. For those who still lurk, thank you for all of your time and effort. You guys did a great job and I think I can speak for all of us when I say we truly do appreciate it.

Seconded. :)

Thanks to every group who did frontier.

IIRC, the groups (for English subs) are:

1) AonE & Gekkostate & Menclave

2) AiA & I-Z

3) Seiyan (Special Mention to them for the Very First Macross Frontier 1 (Preview Version))

4) Shinsen-Subs

5) Gattai

6) Lunar Anime

7) Chihiro

8) Kei

9) gg Fansubs

10)

Anybody I missed? (Note: The list above is based on a quick browse of animesuki.com.)

special thanks to gg for sticking with MF through to the end, delivering quality releases, and quickly! i particularly appreciate that as the momentum built up in the latter part of the series, gg proved reliable and delivered like clockwork, without compromising quality.

while initially biased towards shinsen (based on others' recommendations of their accuracy), i learned to appreciate the often more poetic interpretations gg made of the dialogue and lyrics. gg's versions are what i will archive.

gg, i salute you sirs!

special thanks to gg for sticking with MF through to the end, delivering quality releases, and quickly! i particularly appreciate that as the momentum built up in the latter part of the series, gg proved reliable and delivered like clockwork, without compromising quality.

while initially biased towards shinsen (based on others' recommendations of their accuracy), i learned to appreciate the often more poetic interpretations gg made of the dialogue and lyrics. gg's versions are what i will archive.

gg, i salute you sirs!

63sm15.gif

Don't forget the actual salute. :D

Speaking of Lunar, what's happening to them? It's a week already, but yet the 25 episode sub is not coming out yet.

I miss my AVI. :(

Lunar's version is out now. But, azrael did post the AVI I encoded of gg's fansub in the episode thread. Was it too big? :( (Lunar's is their standard size of 175MB.)

Lunar's version is out now. But, azrael did post the AVI I encoded of gg's fansub in the episode thread. Was it too big? :( (Lunar's is their standard size of 175MB.)

Well, it's a little tad to big for me. That, and the download speed is slow as snail (average 5-10 kB), thanks for my lousy ISP... <_<

Is it just me, or is the audio for Lunar's episode 25 out of sync with the video by 1 second?

The worse part though of Lunar's release is the video. :mellow: Anyone think it would have been better if Lunar used the first RAW that was out [Macross Frontier - 25 End Raw (1280x720 DivX6.8).avi]? :unsure:

The worse part though of Lunar's release is the video. :mellow: Anyone think it would have been better if Lunar used the first RAW that was out [Macross Frontier - 25 End Raw (1280x720 DivX6.8).avi]? :unsure:

Yeah, I agree. The video aren't really great. In fact, my one got a faulty scene at 11:03. Do you have one?

Yeah, I agree. The video aren't really great. In fact, my one got a faulty scene at 11:03. Do you have one?

Yeah, I also got that faulty scene at the same time, 11:03. :(

Also another sync problem is in the scene with Ranka, the one where she's saying "KIRA," the audio doesn't match with the video.

gg, i salute you sirs!

Thanks heaps for the review! I think i'll start with them. Cheers mate.

Apparently GG only started from episode 7? Is there any subber that stuck it out all the way from 1 to end?

Only one so far: Lunar.

Although you can place your bet on Shinsen too, given that if the series didn't get licensed during their long way to subbing the series. (They're currently at Episode 14) Menclave also another candidate, although with their speed (slower than Shinsen: release episode 14 later than Shinsen), I don't know when they going to finish them, the same goes to Shinsen too.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Sulendil Ang

Great info guys thanks very much! Currently downloading Shinsen epi 1 for the meantime.

The question i should ask myself, can i hold out till i download all the episodes before finally cracking down the 1st. :p

I think i can, that's what i intended to do all along anyways... (for the marathon i am planning *again* soon.)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

What do you guys think of Menclave subs? I know they take a lot time subbing MF but they seem to have a good record when it comes to quality subs. IMO they had the best subs for Gundam 00. For me now its either Shinsen or Menclave.

I'm also considering if I should wait til the subs for the BR/DVD is out since the images are better and some of the animation/CG were fixed. Which brings to my question. Which subbing group has released the Yak Deculture edition of episode 1?

What do you guys think of Menclave subs? I know they take a lot time subbing MF but they seem to have a good record when it comes to quality subs. IMO they had the best subs for Gundam 00. For me now its either Shinsen or Menclave.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=651347

As I said earlier, Menclave is as good as Shinsen. But Menclave is ridiculously slow on almost any show they work on. They know it and honestly don't care.