Which is your favorite character from Macross Frontier so far?

Which is your favorite character from the Macross Frontier animated series so far (& why)?

Mine's got to be Ranka Lee. She is part Zentradi... has a mysterious & tragic past & has green hair!!! Personally I have way more sympathy towards her than to some of the other characters like Alto & Sheryl... She's a tragic figure... I can't wait to find out what will become of her during the series...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I really don't know that I could pin down a favourite quite yet. I enjoy all the characters, so far. I am looking forward to seeing more of the supporting cast, and seeing just what the Vajra are. The show seems so one-sided so far, without any villain characters.

Right now, my favorite character is Ozma Lee; he reminds me of Fokker, my favorite character from SDF Macross. Like Fokker, he's an experienced ace pilot, but with more of an edge. This, along with his mysterious past involving Ranka and the Vajra, gives his character a lot of potential for further development. I just hope he doesn't get killed off before his potential can be realized.

Ranka.

Definitly.

I mean she's just so adorable :wub:

I dunno I mean Minmay and Mylene sure were cute... but then they also had they annoying moments (well espcially Mylene). Ranka just seems to... I dunno is there was to be a definition of "perfect cuteness" Ranka would juste fit :lol:

And in spite of being so cute and loveable, she also seems an interesting character... so yeah she's got my pick !

Don't ever change Ranka-chan !

-Sergorn

I'm happy to see so many people have warmed to Ranka - she is indeed adorable.

However, I too generally don't have a favorite character so far... it's really hard to say...

But then again; I don't think I ever had a favorite character in Macross - each of them was well developed and interesting...

Macross Frontier seems to be following this trend.

If I had to say who has made the best impression on me so far it would obviously be Ranka.

VFTF1

Actually - after watching episode 3, I have to say that suddenly an underappreciated yet positive-impression-making character is...

Canary!

here's why:

1) She's quiet and doesn't make a fuss, but seems to always be available in the most critical moments

2) She doesn't get involved in conflicts, but steps in when real help is needed (as in physical help)

3) She's good looking :)

All of these factors make her an under-appreciated favorite for me.

VFTF1

Actually - after watching episode 3, I have to say that suddenly an underappreciated yet positive-impression-making character is...

Canary!

here's why:

1) She's quiet and doesn't make a fuss, but seems to always be available in the most critical moments

2) She doesn't get involved in conflicts, but steps in when real help is needed (as in physical help)

3) She's good looking :)

All of these factors make her an under-appreciated favorite for me.

VFTF1

I like her too...but I think it's mostly the hair. She's got GREAT hair.

Oh right, I know who Canaria is, why are people calling her Canary? That's not her name in the subs.

Um - heh...well... the reason is simple...

The word "Canaria" is pronounced the same as a Polish word "Kanalia" - and in Polish "Kanalia" means "Evil dumb stupid treasonous bitch who must be pounded into the ground and ought not be trusted and is usually physically ugly"...

So I guess I instinctively didn't want to call...Canaria...er...Canaria...because to my ear it sounds like a very bad word that doesn't match the character....

But then again Canary doesn't help either - it reminds me of the transvestite super heroine....

So I guess I'll train myself to say Canaria without the allusions...

And yes- she does have GREAT hair!

VFTF1

Um - heh...well... the reason is simple...

The word "Canaria" is pronounced the same as a Polish word "Kanalia" - and in Polish "Kanalia" means "Evil dumb stupid treasonous bitch who must be pounded into the ground and ought not be trusted and is usually physically ugly"...

So I guess I instinctively didn't want to call...Canaria...er...Canaria...because to my ear it sounds like a very bad word that doesn't match the character....

But then again Canary doesn't help either - it reminds me of the transvestite super heroine....

So I guess I'll train myself to say Canaria without the allusions...

And yes- she does have GREAT hair!

VFTF1

Hmm... well to each their own, her and Leon have INTERESTING hair. I prefer Ranka and Cathy's though. ^_^

Not a character I know, but I really like the "Big Red" Vajra's. So far just about everything about them has been cool.

Their combination bio-mechanical aspect is interesting, their actual design is really cool (I love it when they rear up with all their arms outstretched), their single-minded determination and tenacity (even with his head blown off, the one in Ep3 still goes for it), the fact that they are so deadly (I still think that they made the destruction of the one in Ep4 TOO easy, it should have at least killed some cannon fodder.) and ultimately that they are so different from anything that we have seen in Macross before.

I especially like the way that the one in Ep2 gets "distracted" by Ranka's scream when she is groped by Alto. The cool way that it (fatally) ignores Ozma like he isn't even there and then the poor bastard gets it in the neck.

It will be interesting to see what happens with these creatures in the future. I think that they will turn out to be the fighters for another race, bred to do the dirty work. Whatever their true nature, I just hope that the producers don't stuff it up.

Taksraven

too early to tell, for me.

so far, i love them all. can't single one out as a favorite.

ranka's adorable.

sheryl is very interesting.

alto's an amusing hero.

ozma kicks ass.

klein klan is endearing.

everyone else is so interesting so far!

i CANT DECIDE!!! :p

QFT

I especially like the way that the one in Ep2 gets "distracted" by Ranka's scream when she is groped by Alto. The cool way that it (fatally) ignores Ozma like he isn't even there and then the poor bastard gets it in the neck.

I was decidedly under the impression that the Vajra was recieving an incoming transmission calling for withdrawl - and that's what distracted him.

Ranka just happened to sense the transmission as well.

Is is just me or does Ranka pick up Vajra wave-length?

VFTF1

I was decidedly under the impression that the Vajra was recieving an incoming transmission calling for withdrawl - and that's what distracted him.

Ranka just happened to sense the transmission as well.

Is is just me or does Ranka pick up Vajra wave-length?

VFTF1

Dude! She's like Steven Segal's daughter in Gamera!