Macross Frontier Episode 4 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 4 Rating  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think about episode 4?

• Positive (Go Ranka! Go Alto!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion (explain)
    • Negative (Girl can't sing and the boy can't fly straight)

Really? Cuz I find the translation is kinda... rough.

Feel free to point out where the translation or editing may be rough. If there is an error somewhere we'll go check the CCs and correct it for v2 if we get around to doing it.

Even though Ranka didn't win Miss Macross, I think she'll get some new opportunities just from the exposure (I'm sure some music producer saw her performance and thinks she could be the new Sheryl).

I think she could've won if not for the pimp's meddling. He discussed with one of the judges something and was showing him the profile. The contest was rigged so she would'nt win and can instead help the military form Jamming Birds. :lol:

Really? Cuz I find the translation is kinda... rough.

Yeh....Zentraei Tribe. :rolleyes:

Feel free to point out where the translation or editing may be rough. If there is an error somewhere we'll go check the CCs and correct it for v2 if we get around to doing it.

Kuran's rank isn't Lieutenant. It's Captain. They clearly call her "Taii" which is Captain or Commander.

巨人族 ゼントラーディ

I'm not the TL, but even I can figure out that it literally says:

Giant Tribe/Clan/Band Zentradi

Zoku is used for a "race" of people as well as a tribe. The correct translation is dependent on the context it's being used. The kanji itself is used to describe a group of like beings or basically, a family. Kazoku uses the same kanji.

Edited by Shouta

Ozma mentions the weapon is very precious. Why?

He doesn't call it precious, he calls it an "antique." in other words, it's old/antiquated. he was mocking it, which is why klan got patriotic and defended the zentran weapon.

Kuran's rank isn't Lieutenant. It's Captain. They clearly call her "Taii" which is Captain or Commander.

Yes, you'd be correct if this was an army, except space forces are commonly treated as navies.

Zoku is used for a "race" of people as well as a tribe. The correct translation is dependent on the context it's being used. The kanji itself is used to describe a group of like beings or basically, a family. Kazoku uses the same kanji.

Forwarding this to Mandoric to see what he has to say.

Wandering, is her name Klein-Klan (Kurein-Kuran) or Klan-klan (Kuran-Kuran). I heard she said it herself "Kuran-kuran Tai" in the restaurant, but I think Ozma called her Kurein-Kuran in the hangar...........I got it, Klan-Klan is her loli name :lol:

I already said it but I'm going to say it again:

Ranka dance FTW.

Still having problems with h264? What's your PC's stats?

Mac G4, 10.2.8. I use VLC 0.8.1, because anything newer makes the picture turn purple and green.

I don't want to update the computer, because it can't play DVDs, so i'd rather get a new one...but it'll be a while before I have the spare cash for a Macbook.

Is my tale of woe enough to melt your hardened, DivX-dismissing heart...?

Mac G4, 10.2.8. I use VLC 0.8.1, because anything newer makes the picture turn purple and green.

I don't want to update the computer, because it can't play DVDs, so i'd rather get a new one...but it'll be a while before I have the spare cash for a Macbook.

Is my tale of woe enough to melt your hardened, DivX-dismissing heart...?

Hmm, that should be able to play it I think. I had these kind of encodes work on a P3 1ghz before. Did you try Media Player Classic for Mac?

Eej, Shouta...may I make another plea for a DivX version...?

2nded... or .mp4. I'd like to watch the higher res versions off my 360/ps3. And for whatever reason mk2vob doesn't like one of your codecs so it won't do the grunt work for me. :|

Just a thought (and perhaps this was covered), but KK is a child when miclonized, as result of a genetic defect. She didn't start out small as a small child, she started out big. She's Zentradi, 100%.

But I wonder why the defect would make her a child, but that makes more sense then anything I could think of.

2nded... or .mp4. I'd like to watch the higher res versions off my 360/ps3. And for whatever reason mk2vob doesn't like one of your codecs so it won't do the grunt work for me. :|

My (group) release is in mp4. It also should be compatible with the 360 right away, I think. The encoder has been encoding directly for his Xbox as of late I believe so it should be compatible.

But I wonder why the defect would make her a child, but that makes more sense then anything I could think of.

Well, it's what we assume to be a defect. The word Mikhail uses literally means "clumsy" which could possibly mean anything in actual science. It's possible that the micronization (or miclone-nization, however you prefer it) just doesn't like her and it scrambles her DNA during the process but it fits back into normal when she's at her normal size.

Why? You DARE question why???

Because the Hory Froating Head decreed it.

And it was so.

And festivals were had.

And Yoshinol was drunk.

And verily, all the Super Dimensions were made glad, because the loli Meltran was fated to become an instant fan favorite, like unto Ayanami Rei and Nadia.

Hmm, that should be able to play it I think. I had these kind of encodes work on a P3 1ghz before. Did you try Media Player Classic for Mac?

No, if I play H264 stuff, I get audio but no video. And WMP only plays WMVs...anything else and I get the dreaded "FILE FORMAT IS INVALID" error.

Why? You DARE question why???

Because the Hory Froating Head decreed it.

And it was so.

And festivals were had.

And Yoshinol was drunk.

And verily, all the Super Dimensions were made glad, because the loli Meltran was fated to become an instant fan favorite, like unto Ayanami Rei and Nadia.

And it was good *rings the gong*. I really love that she has a bit of that Napoleon complex. Man is it Thursday yet? :lol:

I really liked the AiA I-Z release. I think maybe its their best work out of the 4 episodes. Alto with a "h" still confuses me a bit, though. I'm still not convinced that there aren't places where stuff is being left out, but having read the manga and seen one sub release already, I felt that everything was gotten across to the viewer.

I do have one complaint, though. I've fallen in love with "fold dislocation". I request it be used for all future references of the incident. :D

Oh yeah, we ever going to see any sub files from you guys?

I really liked the AiA I-Z release. I think maybe its their best work out of the 4 episodes. Alto with a "h" still confuses me a bit, though. I'm still not convinced that there aren't places where stuff is being left out, but having read the manga and seen one sub release already, I felt that everything was gotten across to the viewer.

I do have one complaint, though. I've fallen in love with "fold dislocation". I request it be used for all future references of the incident. :D

it reads very well, but it seemed like the brightness/contrast was pretty off on this release... contrast was close to blown out while a lot of scenes seemed way too dark compared to the raws.

No, if I play H264 stuff, I get audio but no video. And WMP only plays WMVs...anything else and I get the dreaded "FILE FORMAT IS INVALID" error.

Hrm, that sounds like you don't have the video codec then. That's a fairly common occurrence with all decoders and etc flying around. I'm not quite versed in macs but I think there's a h264 quicktime codec update or something. Maybe that'll help?

The Altoh spelling was what I decided before the official spelling came out. I'll probably just stick with the h in there to be consistent I think.

Sub files aren't going to be out until, maybe, after the series is over. It'll be up to the other guys though. I don't control the entire script like I do with the stuff I solo/duo.

Edited by Shouta

it reads very well, but it seemed like the brightness/contrast was pretty off on this release... contrast was close to blown out while a lot of scenes seemed way too dark compared to the raws.

Hence the request for the sub files. :)

Hrm, that sounds like you don't have the video codec then. That's a fairly common occurrence with all decoders and etc flying around. I'm not quite versed in macs but I think there's a h264 quicktime codec update or something. Maybe that'll help?

The only ones I've ever seen are for 10.3 or above...I'm 10.2.8.

I just watched it.

A. Ranka has the best backpack ever.

B. ZOMG QRAUS!!!!!

C. There are things which should not be done. Chibi-meltrans rank very high in that list.

巨人族 ゼントラーディ

I'm not the TL, but even I can figure out that it literally says:

Giant Tribe/Clan/Band Zentradi

(Un)fortunately, we know Band is incorrect.

Exedol: LISTEN TO MY SONG! Kyun-kyun!

Everyone else: SHUT UP! PLEASE!

He doesn't call it precious, he calls it an "antique." in other words, it's old/antiquated. he was mocking it, which is why klan got patriotic and defended the zentran weapon.

Hmmm....blame it on subs. Gattai sub version, Ozma said it was precious and he should be more careful with it (IIRC) and KK praised Zentran technology and nothing to day comes close to it.

Just a thought (and perhaps this was covered), but KK is a child when miclonized, as result of a genetic defect. She didn't start out small as a small child, she started out big. She's Zentradi, 100%.

One of the points i brought up. She may or may not be 100% zentran , which doesn't really matter since humans are able to go through the micro/macronisation process as well. The question is was she originally a 1st gen zentran giant (bred by cloning) or she was born from one or a pair of zentran parents, which through the magic of culture was born micronised. Unless of course giant zentrans banging each other should still be possible....but quite gross to imagine. :lol:

The Altoh spelling was what I decided before the official spelling came out. I'll probably just stick with the h in there to be consistent I think.

Sub files aren't going to be out until, maybe, after the series is over. It'll be up to the other guys though. I don't control the entire script like I do with the stuff I solo/duo.

My personal opinion since you're just 4 episodes in, that you should switch to the official spelling. You don't have to correct the previous episodes but at least the newer episodes is correct.

Btw nice job and thanks for the subs. I prefer AiA-Iz compared to Gattai and you guys seem more knowledgable of the source material you're subbing.

I'm just watching the AiA sub, and it seems to make more sense than the Gattai subs! Example the scene where Ozma Lee enters the bridge:

Gattai subs:

Ozma: Ozma Lee, entering

Captain: How it goes? The business?

Ozma: We've managed fifty.

Captain: Right up your alley, huh.

AiA subs:

Ozma: Ozma Lee entering.

Captain: How about a wager?

Ozma: Fifty on our guys.

Captain: You're on.

And according to Gattai, Catherine Glass is a runner up in the 8th Miss Macross competition, whereas AiA claims she's the winner of the 8th Miss Macross!

Then again, the scene where Klan Klein is engaging the Vajra, Gattai subs make a bit more sense:

Gattai subs:

KK: I'm on my way back from surveillance, so I've got live ammo.

AiA subs:

KK: This is what we were searching for! We have actual ammo too!

:lol:

Edited by Kamion

it's up

Already DL'ed it. :lol: Now at 75%. :ph34r:

Thanks for the heads up, anyway. :-)

@Shouta: Thanks again for the wonderful job with the subs. Out of the all the subs (Gattai, AiA, Shinsen, and Menclave???) AiA seems to be the "good stuff" for me. ^_^ Keep ug the good work. B))

Edited by grss1982

Ah, that makes more sense about the "fifty". I was wondering what the heck that was about in the Gattai sub.

According to the official character synopsis, Catherine Glass was a runner up in a Miss Macross competition, not the winner.

So, that's +1 for AiA and +1 for Gattai! :D

Graham