Macross Frontier Episode 4 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 4 Rating  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think about episode 4?

• Positive (Go Ranka! Go Alto!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion (explain)
    • Negative (Girl can't sing and the boy can't fly straight)

Well...I watched episode 2 again, and the name the President says doesn't sound much like ブレラ...it sounds much more like ビルラ, so Viller/Bilra is probably right.

I work with a Hungarian bloke, his name is Bi'la (pronounced beel-lah). Probably the closest thing to it at the moment.

A little latle, but since we're throwing out whacky theories, has anyone proposed that Ranka is actually a Vajra found/captured during that colony incident, and Ozma's leaving the NUNS has something to do with taking her in?

It just seems odd that the Vajra would be specifically targetting her when she sings, over anyone else.

She's 1/4 Zentradi, so that doesn't quite work. Plus she was a survivor of the 117th Research Fleet, not a captive of. Also, the Varja first attack around the time of Sheryl's concert.

I keep reading comments about killing characters off, why ? why do you want people killed so early in the series ? It'll have no dramatic impact whatsoever. Just let them develop the characters first, if we get a pineapple salad or a Kakizaki before Ep.20 it's just gonna be lame.

Also, I'm sticking with my version. There's no way the Frontier President is referring to Brera Sterne, perhaps it's just me but I'm 96% certain he is referring to Jeffrey Wilder ( the SMS comander), It's the only thing that fits into contexts because just after the president makes that call you see the SMS commander giving Ozma the order to scramble. It makes sense that he would know the only ones capable of doing anything to the vajra would be the SMS VF-25. Why would he be calling anyone else?

I keep reading comments about killing characters off, why ? why do you want people killed so early in the series ? It'll have no dramatic impact whatsoever. Just let them develop the characters first, if we get a pineapple salad or a Kakizaki before Ep.20 it's just gonna be lame.

Because I don't like luca's character design. :lol:

Also, I'm sticking with my version. There's no way the Frontier President is referring to Brera Sterne, perhaps it's just me but I'm 96% certain he is referring to Jeffrey Wilder ( the SMS comander), It's the only thing that fits into contexts because just after the president makes that call you see the SMS commander giving Ozma the order to scramble.

You know, I hadn't thought of that. The name is close enough that its plausible.

Finally finished watching Ep. 4. This series rocks!

I'm so glad that they didn't go with the easy, cliché ridden, outcome for the Miss Macross contest; Ranka losing was perfect and further differentiates it from SDFM. And the whole scene at Nyan Nyan when Klein Klan's miclonized form is revealed (even though we've seen images before), and explained, was an absolute riot.

Edited by mechaninac

She's 1/4 Zentradi, so that doesn't quite work. Plus she was a survivor of the 117th Research Fleet, not a captive of. Also, the Varja first attack around the time of Sheryl's concert.

Perhaps she is 1/4 Zentradi, 2/4 Human & 1/4 VAJRA!!!!! She doesn't have memories of her past, so maybe she wasn't a captive, but was created & taken as a daughter by the scientists, hehe.

Btw... What if Sheryl is also like her? Like 3/4 Human & 1/4 VAJRA. Perhaps she is also an orphan from that attack!

That could be a reason to have NUNS send the Frontier Fleet to the center of the Galaxy without warning them about the Vajra. They must be trying to control them because of their power. So they sent the cannon fodder no-fast-pack VF-171s on purpose & maybe Leon arranged for Ranka to be on the ship. I think it is too much of a coincidence to have Ranka & Sheryl in the only 2 fleets heading for the center of the galaxy...

No wonder Leon Mishima looks a lot like Machiavelli, hehehe... He's the real villain!

(I know this sounds a lot like Evangelion, hehehe... whaddya think?)

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

You know, I hadn't thought of that. The name is close enough that its plausible.

Then they REALLY oughta fire the President's seiyuu, because it sounds like he's saying "bi-ru-ra," which sounds nothing like "Wai-ru-daa."

But yeah...I'm pretty sure now that's he's NOT saying "burera."

WOW!

I have no clue why it took me about a week and a half to download episode 3... and now I've just downloaded episode 4 in like...a couple of hours...hmm...

Anyways - THIS IS GREAT!

Really - just when I thought things couldn't get any better - they do!

I guess I'm not allowed to spoil so I'll be vague and general :)

Hmm...no - scratch that - I can't be vague and general...

maybe I'll just say this for now:

Any news as to whether we'll be getting Macross Frontier figures modeled after the actual...er...you know - humans and Zendradi?

There are just so many fantastic characters in this series!

Crudzola - I have so much to say but don't want to break the spoiler rule...

VFTF1

WOW!

I have no clue why it took me about a week and a half to download episode 3... and now I've just downloaded episode 4 in like...a couple of hours...hmm...

Anyways - THIS IS GREAT!

Really - just when I thought things couldn't get any better - they do!

I guess I'm not allowed to spoil so I'll be vague and general :)

Hmm...no - scratch that - I can't be vague and general...

maybe I'll just say this for now:

Any news as to whether we'll be getting Macross Frontier figures modeled after the actual...er...you know - humans and Zendradi?

There are just so many fantastic characters in this series!

Crudzola - I have so much to say but don't want to break the spoiler rule...

VFTF1

Err... well the episode has been out for awhile now, I think spoilers are ok?

Then they REALLY oughta fire the President's seiyuu, because it sounds like he's saying "bi-ru-ra," which sounds nothing like "Wai-ru-daa."

But yeah...I'm pretty sure now that's he's NOT saying "burera."

Just to add confusion... there is a "misutaa" before "birura". It could be as well be "Mr. Happyruler" :p

FV

Err... well the episode has been out for awhile now, I think spoilers are ok?

*looks at clock* Spoiler notice ended 5 days ago... :blink: Unless it's a spoiler that hasn't even aired yet (episode preview excluded).

If you're gonna talk about episode 3, take it to the Episode 3 thread. This thread is about Episode 4.

Hey why Ozma didn't fly with the skull squadron? and seriously, this guys got skills but they totally lacks organization! :wacko:

Ozma doesn't need to participate in a mock combat because he's skull-1. He can wear armored pack, eat red lobster for breakfast and have pineapple salad for dinner. :lol:

*looks at clock* Spoiler notice ended 5 days ago... :blink: Unless it's a spoiler that hasn't even aired yet (episode preview excluded).

If you're gonna talk about episode 3, take it to the Episode 3 thread. This thread is about Episode 4.

lol.. yeah.

we're gonna get ep 5 in less than 24 hours... can't wait... ^_^

*counting down* :unsure:

I want to tell them how there is much more to anime than just loli hentai.

DEPART FROM THE INTERNET, NEVER TO RETURN!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sorry it was open I just had too. :p

I thought the whole *boobvision* thing was cute, it wasn't supposed to be stupid-anime it was supposed to show how Ranka saw the situation. Poor Ranka, one's problems always seem bigger than they are... :(

Oh yeah and someone was talking about Macross's popularity in Japan, it's been discussed on occasion earlier. I had a kid in my engineering class who when I asked about it said he heard of it but never really got around to checking it out, which I encouraged him to try.

And if statements were previously addressed, screw you I read ~600 post from you guys that had time to watch it earlier.

Edited by Wes

I thought the whole *boobvision* thing was cute, it wasn't supposed to be stupid-anime it was supposed to show how Ranka saw the situation. Poor Ranka, one's problems always seem bigger than they are... :(

Yeah I think the whole booby is being blown way out of proportion. I'd actually hardly call than "fan service".... fan service is more like you're just gonna get boob shots, and panty shots and what else for no reasong whatsoever (Gainax I'm looking at you :angry: ) except I dunno perhaps hoping to create some sort a arousal for all these Otakus :p That scene in episode 04 hardly met that description -it was just humour and poking fun at Ranka. Granted it's not precisely mature humour, but it was funny.

-Sergorn

I just heard the full versions of Don't Be Late and Diamond Crevasse.

BEAUTIFUL stuff. This is one OST that I don't mind spending money on.

I would go so far as saying that the Boob scene was a bit of self-criticism on the part of anime - it was intentionally mocking this aspect of anime - and it had a perfect occasion to do so - because that was in fact reflective of how Ranka felt intimidated :)

VFTF1

I would go so far as saying that the Boob scene was a bit of self-criticism on the part of anime - it was intentionally mocking this aspect of anime

Yeah that's kinda how I felt as wel - that does seem consistent with the rest of the series as well. I mean - it's just like Alto : physically he's like the perfect typical bishonen hero... except that everyone in the series laught at him for looking like a girl :lol: Everytime I hear "Alto-hime" it feels like a slap in the face of every one of those "cool" bishone heroes :lol:

-Sergorn