Macross Frontier Episode 4 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 4 Rating  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think about episode 4?

• Positive (Go Ranka! Go Alto!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion (explain)
    • Negative (Girl can't sing and the boy can't fly straight)

i just gotta add to the chorus here about ep4...

the battle scenes were just wicked awesome!!!

Alto and his VF-25

vs

grey Q-Rau

in a dogfight. Gotta luv that victory pose sight-gag.

Alto and his VF-25

vs

Klan^2 and her red Q-Rau

in that brawl among the wreckage!

then

tag-team Alto and Klan^2

vs

red Vajra

in a

real do or die

all-out brawl!

oh, and I'm pretty sure the dvd and BD versions will fix up the rather rushed/generic animated character-designs. The bouncy-bouncy in the dressing room was a nice touch! :lol:

btw, am I the only one that thought the Frontier team were somehow paying homage to Gundam-0083 with the battle-scenes, wreckage background and the GP01-like

damage on Alto's VF-25

? Sacrilege, I know. But hey! I always thought the

knife-attack

was an Aestivalis-move/homage, too. :p:lol:B))

Edited by treatment

Oy, I knew Klan-what'shername's giant blue hair reminded me of someone. I apologize for this, but I was bored waiting to watch, and couldn't help myself. ^_^

bluehair.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You sir, had WIN the Internets :D

I loved

Luca's slide off to the side when Alto was talking to Ranka. Has that "Leave the love birds alone" feel to it. Of course, it probably made it more awkward when Mikhail pushed her onto Alto. And geez, considering how much they were texting each other, no wonder everybody is givin' them some privacy.

Get rid of this spoiler stuff ^^

<-----Ignore this one

It's only for 24 hours. :):rolleyes:

Done downloading and watching!

Great episode!

I'm glad that Ranka didn't win Miss Macross. It gives the episode a nice homage feel without copying the original Macross episode.

I really liked how Ranka seemed to enjoy herself while performing "My Boyfriend's a Pilot".

And are you sure it was a GU-11 gunpod...? I think it was a Zentradi rifle; Klan even talked about the superiority of Zentradi weapons when she was getting out of the Q-Rau....I think that's what she was referring to.

OK, not a GU-11, but definitely some kind of gunpod. It had a grip and a trigger and it was nothing like we saw the Zentreadi having in either DYRL or SDFM. I've got caps, but can't post until tomorrow...

BTW, the

"jumbo breasts"

character designs are cheap, early 90's anime bad. Who OKed this crap?

Shouldn't the

"Jumbo breasts"

thing be protected by spoilers, I mean, some have not seen it yet and should be ready for the shock.... :lol:

Taksraven

Ok, I'm officially in love with

Klan Klan for being so sexy in Zentraedi form and so adorably cute in micron form.

:D:wub:

But I can't help but love every single female in this series!!! I don't hate any of them and it seems at this point we have a few possible relationships:

- Mikhail (Michel) and KK

- Alto and Sheryl or Ranka

- Ozma and possibly Catherine seeing as how she gave Leon that awful look during the contest (YAY!)

- Luca and Ranka maybe? It seemed like he was teased or something at some point about Ranka? I dunno, just a guess

Just my thoughts, I'M LOVING THIS!!!!!! :D

Edited by MisaForever

OK, not a GU-11, but definitely some kind of gunpod. It had a grip and a trigger and it was nothing like we saw the Zentreadi having in either DYRL or SDFM. I've got caps, but can't post until tomorrow...

Here's a shot of it:

Looks like a

:ph34r:

A little bit different design from the

B))

Definitely not a

gu-11 gunpod

. :lol:

Edited by treatment

- Luca and Ranka maybe? It seemed like he was teased or something at some point about Ranka? I dunno, just a guess

I watched the exchange a few times, but i couldn't figure out what Luca was saying. Something about Ranka's

skin

...and then Mikhail said, "

What you want (literally. 'Your Target') is different

."

Not sure what it means yet, but that's what fansubs are for...

Maybe the Zentradi in that vicinity 7000 years ago were using different weapons than the Bodolzaa Fleet had...? I know Zentradi weapons don't improve, but just as the Glaug became a commander type of battle Pod because of its rarity, maybe these guns also got used up?

Best theory I can come up with, anyway...

I watched the exchange a few times, but i couldn't figure out what Luca was saying. Something about Ranka's

skin

...and then Mikhail said, "

What you want (literally. 'Your Target') is different

."

Not sure what it means yet, but that's what fansubs are for...

Maybe a hint for Luca x Nanase?

Man, this show really does just get better and better. Fantastic episode! I'm really pleased with the way that Frontier honors the previous series, without becoming overly derivative or predictable, and the fact that the creators are able to inject some great humor into the story without going too far off the deep end in terms of slapstick. They've really got the spirit of the franchise right with Frontier, and I'm stoked to get a new episode every week.

When Ranka knocks her head on the microphone during the pageant, I actually felt embarrassed for her to the point that *I* blushed.

:lol:

The whole scene with the VF-25 vs. Q-Rau mock battle amidst the derelict Zentradi fleet, along with Ranka's rendition of "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" was just fantastic. Unadulterated, pure Macross.

I don't know if I missed them in the previous eps, but it was quite cool to see Cannon Fodder scheme VF-25s in this one.

I know I say this every week, but...

DAMN! This show is AWESOME!!

This one made me fully laugh out loud three times:

1)

Nanase telling Ranka that "size doesn't matter" while her own ample assets are bobbing around. And...BOOBY BOUNCE SOUND EFFECTS!!! (Yes, I've still a ten-year-old at heart.)

2)

THE HEART! Meltrandi combat is all about love, isn't it?

3)

Luca's little crush on Ranka (I think...). Well, whatever it was that made his eyes turn into big black dots.

And it would just figure that Alto would get called out to duty during the Miss Macross contest, wouldn't it? And I liked "My Boyfriend's a Pilot" during that scene...DYRL wouldn't have worked (but I wonder why they used the "Mylene Jenius Sings Lynn Minmay" arragement...?).

But I wonder why the lone Vajra came out to attack...just happened to be in the area...?

1) :ph34r::wub: Nanase. Even the would-be-winner Contestant #9 was threatened by her :lol::p

2) that part is a bit too cheesy for me :p

3) U mean at the restaurant? He was being "automatic" coz he seemed to have noticed the attraction between Alto and Ranka, so he got away unnoticed. Nice fellow, hope he's not getting the same fate as Kakizaki... :unsure:

The mock training was pre-arranged. Although i dunno why Ozma didn't try to postpone it so that he can attend / watch Ranka

at the contest.

The lone Vajra didn't make sense to me too.

Maybe Leon knows that Lanka's singing attracts the Vajra... can you imagine what would happen if Lanka becomes Miss M?... she'd be singing every hour... by the end of the week every Vajra and their uncle would be on top of Macross:Frontier if that happened. Leon is clearly the smartest man in the shed... LOL

I was thinking the same. In exchange for that, Ranka's dreams cannot be fulfilled huh? ...sad...

:(

Last Update: 080424, 25:59 JST

「SMS小隊の歌〜あの娘はエイリアン」(That girl is an Alien,第04話)

Words:黒河影次

Music:菅野よう子

Arrangement:菅野よう子

Vocal:SMSのみなさん

the end.

I just watched the episode and I do not remember this..?

3) U mean at the restaurant? He was being "automatic" coz he seemed to have noticed the attraction between Alto and Ranka, so he got away unnoticed. Nice fellow, hope he's not getting the same fate as Kakizaki... :unsure:

Yeah...that makes more sense. And, as you say, I hope he's not doomed...

Maybe the Zentradi in that vicinity 7000 years ago were using different weapons than the Bodolzaa Fleet had...? I know Zentradi weapons don't improve, but just as the Glaug became a commander type of battle Pod because of its rarity, maybe these guns also got used up?

Best theory I can come up with, anyway...

No, treatment is right, however it seems like the scale is way off, considering the size of a Q-Rau... The only explanation is that KK may have had her shoulder gun knocked off at some point, but the part that confuses me, is where did the grip and trigger come from all of a sudden?

Yeah the swimsuit walk off was definitely rotoscoped, but I'm not so sure about Ranka's dancing. I did like the over exposure effect on the contestants. It made the spot lit stage very realistic. If you ever get close to a stage with spot lights, it very much looks like that.

No, treatment is right, however it seems like the scale is way off, considering the size of a Q-Rau... The only explanation is that KK may have had her shoulder gun knocked off at some point, but the part that confuses me, is where did the grip and trigger come from all of a sudden?

I thought the gun came from the dead soldier skeleton floating around...but I'm not sure. I guess I need to watch it again to find out (Oh, SHUCKS!

:lol: )

And hey! I think I'm almost a bridge bunny!

Ranka dance FTW.

Well for a colony ship with over 10 million people, don't you think the stage and the audience is "small"? Even Minmay debut concert in SDF Macross have more people attending.

I think you're right, I seem to remember the gun kind of floating loose in the wreckage when he grabbed it. Since valks are designed to be roughly the size of a zentran, it would make sense that a zentradi infantry rifle would be useable for a valk.

Edited by Chronocidal

I thought the gun came from the dead soldier skeleton floating around...but I'm not sure. I guess I need to watch it again to find out (Oh, SHUCKS!

:lol: )

And hey! I think I'm almost a bridge bunny!

I found a new rule in Macross Universe:

- Corpses can rot and decayed into skeleton, even in vacuum condition of deep space

:lol: