YouTube Links

MisaForever

I can see some of our people already posted some "friendly" messages to him.

And they come across looking like 12-year-old fanboys...

I'm sure it's been said many, MANY times on this board, but Robotech was the "gateway drug" for a whole generation of older anime fans like myself. Sure, it would have been great if there was some other way to bring Macross over without tying it with two unrelated series, but at the time Robotech came out, there was no way an animated series with only 36 episodes could get distributed in North America. Are the fans here so fanatical that they'd rather NO Macross had been broadcast here, rather than a bowdlerized version?

Robotech is largely responsible for seeding the North American anime boom. I certainly would never have discovered Macross if it weren't for Robotech.

As for the Youtube video itself, it made me laugh out loud. It was AWESOME! I think people used to the abundant supply of anime now can't imagine what an impact Robotech had on those of us first viewing it the 80's, when American cartoons consisted of stuff like dubbed Transformers and GI Joe! The music may seem to suck now, but the nostalgic feeling I got from seeing it used in this video -- words can't describe it! Goofy, SILLY fun.

The guy who posted the video, dodofly, had this reply to the angry "ROBOGAYTRASH" comment:

macross和ROBOTECH我都喜欢。

如果你不喜欢,没有人强迫你看。

你的嘴很臭,像马桶!你根本不懂得什么是真正的娱乐!

To translate:

"I like Macross AND Robotech. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to watch it.

Your mouth is very foul, like a toilet! You basically don't understand what is real entertainment."

(Actually, he said "chou" or literally "smelly", but that doesn't convey the right meaning in English.)

EDIT: Hmm, after reading the rest of the comments, I think I'll return to my original policy of never reading Youtube comments! Instead of some anti-spam bot security check, they need you to pass an IQ test before posting...

Edited by Daigoro

I'm sure it's been said many, MANY times on this board, but Robotech was the "gateway drug" for a whole generation of older anime fans like myself. Sure, it would have been great if there was some other way to bring Macross over without tying it with two unrelated series, but at the time Robotech came out, there was no way an animated series with only 36 episodes could get distributed in North America. Are the fans here so fanatical that they'd rather NO Macross had been broadcast here, rather than a bowdlerized version?

Robotech is largely responsible for seeding the North American anime boom. I certainly would never have discovered Macross if it weren't for Robotech.

As for the Youtube video itself, it made me laugh out loud. It was AWESOME! I think people used to the abundant supply of anime now can't imagine what an impact Robotech had on those of us first viewing it the 80's, when American cartoons consisted of stuff like dubbed Transformers and GI Joe! The music may seem to suck now, but the nostalgic feeling I got from seeing it used in this video -- words can't describe it! Goofy, SILLY fun.

The guy who posted the video, dodofly, had this reply to the angry "ROBOGAYTRASH" comment:

macross和ROBOTECH我都喜欢。

如果你不喜欢,没有人强迫你看。

To translate:

"I like Macross AND Robotech. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to watch it.

Your mouth is very foul, like a toilet! You basically don't understand what is real entertainment."

(Actually, he said "chou" or literally "smelly", but that doesn't convey the right meaning in English.)

EDIT: Hmm, after reading the rest of the comments, I think I'll return to my original policy of never reading Youtube comments! Instead of some anti-spam bot security check, they need you to pass an IQ test before posting...

Robogaytrash lol. Noted.

macross和ROBOTECH我都喜欢。

如果你不喜欢,没有人强迫你看。

To translate:

Actually, i enjoyed the bashing. :lol: :lol:

Doesn't anybody else but me find it even just a bit disturbing how Nyan-Nyan has turned into another annoying youtube meme.

I mean, it's turning into the

for pete's sake! Edited by d3v

i did post something about it on one of the many nyan clips in youtube but i really don't care as long as it makes people interested in Macross F.

You should be killed for re-posting that!

:p

Seriously, look two pages back.

F****! Didn't notice it.

I shall make up for it by posting a link of Basara singing to some whales...

Just kidding, here's some dinosaurs and hedgehogs dancing on the planet dance instead.

Edited by d3v