YouTube Links

MisaForever

Hey sorry to bother you but do you have a link to the spanish version of the song because I'm fluent in spanish and I want to hear it, see if it sounds any good. As for that video, I thought it was great, I understand the lyrics weren't the best but can you really compete with Japanese lyrics, I mean they usually have a very deep and profound meaning in most Japanese songs like this. The singing was pretty good too, but again if you have a link to that Spanish version, I would love to hear it :)

Hey DeX-kun, sorry for the delay, haven't been on the board for a couple of days. Here's the link to the Spanish version

Like I said, it sounds SO much better than the English version though I wish I were fluent in Spanish so I can make out what she's saying! Enjoy the video though!

Thanks for the reply edwin3060, hopefully they are working on a longer version for the launch ceremony, All That VF is just too good of an idea for them to not take full advantage of it!

Hey DeX-kun, sorry for the delay, haven't been on the board for a couple of days. Here's the link to the Spanish version

Like I said, it sounds SO much better than the English version though I wish I were fluent in Spanish so I can make out what she's saying! Enjoy the video though!

Thanks for the reply edwin3060, hopefully they are working on a longer version for the launch ceremony, All That VF is just too good of an idea for them to not take full advantage of it!

Actually I did a bit of searching myself and I did find it lol, sorry. I heard it but I honestly didn't find it any better than the English version, although it could have been better if she weren't singing with an accent from Spain. I'm fluent in Spanish and I can hear her accent from Spain, because I'm not from there lol. That accent just bothers me so much, it really distracted me from enjoying it. As for the lyrics, it was pretty much the same general idea that was created from the original Japanese version lol, it worked pretty well in spanish though, just not a fan of that accent.

Now what I really did enjoy was this high quality live performance by May'N :) I'm sure it was posted probably a while back but I don't know if it was in high quality so here's the link :)

May'N Live Performance - Diamond Crevasse (High Quality)

Edited by DeX-kun

No, Minmei and Minmay are different people. The former's just not very into songs that don't suck, and can't sing to save her life... Not to mention she only knows 2 songs, and they're both from the 50s... Singers must suck on the SDF-1... I think I'll stay in the Macross...

And Rebecca Forstadt's no hack, Reba West is :p

Nope, definately that thing I ssaid Lin Minmei (family name) & Lynn Minmay (stage name) are one in the same person Neither spelling belongs to that robocrap bastardization. Also, Reba West was the non-union stage name of Rebecca Forstadt.

There's a hilarious line towards the end in this one. The video itself isn't Macross-related, but the afforementioned line is... F@#$ing hilarious in context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jpKceZgmjE...laynext_from=PL

god damn you, I laughed so hard I fell out of bed, that hurt... <_<

Actually I did a bit of searching myself and I did find it lol, sorry. I heard it but I honestly didn't find it any better than the English version, although it could have been better if she weren't singing with an accent from Spain. I'm fluent in Spanish and I can hear her accent from Spain, because I'm not from there lol. That accent just bothers me so much, it really distracted me from enjoying it. As for the lyrics, it was pretty much the same general idea that was created from the original Japanese version lol, it worked pretty well in spanish though, just not a fan of that accent.

Now what I really did enjoy was this high quality live performance by May'N :) I'm sure it was posted probably a while back but I don't know if it was in high quality so here's the link :)

May'N Live Performance - Diamond Crevasse (High Quality)

May'n is really the diva on stage, while Megumi Nakajima is a totally different type.

Back to the Spanish version of DYRL, honestly, the girl is not from Spain, she just learned Spanish and thought that was the right pronunciation or sth. because her "R" is sloppy, some "S" sound Spanish, some Latin-American... Nice voice and all, but not brilliant lyrics either.

Nope, definately that thing I ssaid Lin Minmei (family name) & Lynn Minmay (stage name) are one in the same person Neither spelling belongs to that robocrap bastardization. Also, Reba West was the non-union stage name of Rebecca Forstadt.

You think I don't know this? In Robotech, however, her name is ALWAYS Minmei. In Macross, at least half the time, she's Minmay.

Also, I know Reba West is her Non-union alias. Did you know Dan Woren (Roy Fokker) was Dan Warner for non-union purposes?

Robotech Ninjas are sitting in wait for the next time you pass "The Shadow Chronicles" at the DVD store. If you pass it without picking it up, you'll bet your... Protoculture-making facilities... beaten. :D

Thankfully, they aren't watching me.

Apparently there's a "special edition" out now, too. Sitting alongside it's shelfwarmer older brother.

Thankfully, they aren't watching me.

Apparently there's a "special edition" out now, too. Sitting alongside it's shelfwarmer older brother.

Along with its other Shelfwarmer older brother, Robotech Remastered... Strangely enough, in the local DVD store, Macross is always sold out, Macross Plus is still in stock, and Robotech's shelfwarming. Most people I know are Robotech fans, if anything...

May'n is really the diva on stage, while Megumi Nakajima is a totally different type.

Back to the Spanish version of DYRL, honestly, the girl is not from Spain, she just learned Spanish and thought that was the right pronunciation or sth. because her "R" is sloppy, some "S" sound Spanish, some Latin-American... Nice voice and all, but not brilliant lyrics either.

You know now that you mention May'N being a diva and all, it's ironic that both May'N and Megumi are like the real life version of Sheryl and Ranka, I mean the way they act in their lives. Although you could say that Megumi is trying to blow up on Ranka's character but Megumi seems to have to personality to be like that naturally. I've heard people talking about how Megumi is "leeching" of Ranka but I honestly don't believe this is the case but it's just a matter of opinion.

Back to the Spanish song though, oh I didn't know that she wasn't from Spain but it's just that the accent really is the one from Spain. I had a teacher once that was trying to force that on me and I had to suffer a year of it because she would have failed me lol, I was glad to get the class over with so I went back to normal. I don't know of other countries that probably do that "Sth" sound but it annoys me lol, I just prefer it if it were "S." It's really hard to write better lyrics than the original Japanese lyrics because they usually have a more profound and deeper meaning than English or Spanish, although I think Spanish can come pretty close.

Well, never hated Ranka in the anime, like whoever made this lol video

but after 10 episodes and repeated listening to the soundtrack, May'n is the winner. Aimo is a great song, but somehow it's still a bit "empty" (?)

Problem with translation is that Japanese is a bit more "condensed" as a language, so it's hard to "insert" English or Spanish lyrics in songs meant for Japanese, while trying to preserve all the meanings...and regarding accents, everybody has preferences, I am not particularly fond of the Spanish "SHHH" thing either, but got used to it.

Is there some macross/bandai/etc. copyright police lurking in youtube??? how come soooo many old videos linked in this thread have been deleted???! when citing "user violation" youtube didn't mean "moe" or anything like that I suppose?

Well, never hated Ranka in the anime, like whoever made this lol video
but after 10 episodes and repeated listening to the soundtrack, May'n is the winner. Aimo is a great song, but somehow it's still a bit "empty" (?)

Problem with translation is that Japanese is a bit more "condensed" as a language, so it's hard to "insert" English or Spanish lyrics in songs meant for Japanese, while trying to preserve all the meanings...and regarding accents, everybody has preferences, I am not particularly fond of the Spanish "SHHH" thing either, but got used to it.

Is there some macross/bandai/etc. copyright police lurking in youtube??? how come soooo many old videos linked in this thread have been deleted???! when citing "user violation" youtube didn't mean "moe" or anything like that I suppose?

lol no I don't believe so, and I agree that May'N is the better overall singer seeing as how she has that powerful voice and all. Still I enjoy their duets and hopefully the movie will bring more of that to us.

Robotech Ninjas are sitting in wait for the next time you pass "The Shadow Chronicles" at the DVD store. If you pass it without picking it up, you'll bet your... Protoculture-making facilities... beaten. :D

Don't know what you're talking about. Is that some fan made film? Must be right? Has to be. No it does not exist. You can't make me believe it exists. Lies! ...heh..

So far I've been fortunate enough that I've yet to run into a copy of said *thing*. Probably because I rarely go into DVD stores. Since I haven't seen it, I can keep pretending/believing.

Don't know what you're talking about. Is that some fan made film? Must be right? Has to be. No it does not exist. You can't make me believe it exists. Lies! ...heh..

So far I've been fortunate enough that I've yet to run into a copy of said *thing*. Probably because I rarely go into DVD stores. Since I haven't seen it, I can keep pretending/believing.

Well, if HG today is a group of fans of HG in the 80s, then yes, it is a fanfilm. :p

Btw youtube is starting to mute unlicensed music on the site (like this one, over 6 million views and 3 years later it got muted)

That sucks, I'm surprised they just muted the affected songs. It might be a courtesy warning for the posters but I expected them to immediately delete them out of nowhere. Without the audio, why bother keeping the video online?

I don't get it. So the video itself is not protected by copyright?

Well, the video is made of copyrighted material, which is not owned by the maker of the video. This is illegal, because those that made the video didn't have permission from the owners to do so. In accordance with copyright law (To prevent YouTube or Google from being sued), they're removing the audio, at LEAST. The videos are kinda mishy-mashy, but the audio's straight Macopyrighted. They can put up a better defense than that.

My cousin made a Call of Duty: World At War video, using the song "In The End", by Linkin Park. Within 30 minutes of it being posted, the audio was muted. Grr... YouTube... I just hope my stuff stays. A few months ago, Roosterteeth, LLC spotted my Red Vs Blue parody movie, and they're cool, so they let it stay up, though with advertisements on-page...

I don't think this has been posted (I skimmed the pages of this thread). Remix of Sagittarius 9pm ~ Don't be late :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syyfHKxSIN8

Whoever decided that sounded anything like Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't Be Late is obviously a sadistic deaf person. Bad song remix impersonation gets a negative on the existence scale.

Whoever decided that sounded anything like Iteza Gogo Kuji Don't Be Late is obviously a sadistic deaf person. Bad song remix impersonation gets a negative on the existence scale.

I don't think it was that bad, but this is better. Too bad they misnamed it.

Congrats to Hatsune Miku and Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal for this one.

As much as I don't like Nyan Nyan's theme, this is pretty awesome, regardless.

• 3 weeks later...