Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

If all of that really happens, and I hope it does. Then I just hope that Moore has an explanation as to why. I don't want the series to end with un-answered questions.

Also, If Kara was/is the Harbinger of Death for Earth. Then that raises the question of what killed the people on Earth.

I've read some fan speculation on this that kind of makes sense... somehow her arrival (alien invasion!) causes widespread panic that leads to a full out nuclear war. But I've read nothing that backs this up. Its pure conjecture on the part of some fans.

Something to keep in mind. That was the last episode scripted before the writer's strike, and was the last one shot until it was resolved. Moore is on the record as saying he rethought some things during the strike, and its very possible there have been some changes. However, the spoilers for the episodes we have now seen this season were spot on.

Also, Katee Sackhoff indicated that the two-parter

could serve as a series finale.

Edited by Duke Togo

And how does it end? (vague, but interesting spoiler):

VFX supervisor Gary Hutzel has been told by Ron Moore to watch the FX budget because "there will be a full-on conflict at the end of the season. Develop the last two episodes, which are supposed to be gigantic, never before seen effects and also deliver fast, fast, fast, that's extremely hard."

I'm really feeling a

Macross vibe, here. Breetai and UNS face off against Boddole Zer, if you catch my meaning.

Oh, one more thing, Pork. The last 3 or 4 episodes before the finale involve

a mysterious piano player named "Slick", whom Kara is drawn to. It *sounds* like this is where we find out WTF is going on.

It's possible that part of the Hybrid's prophecy is right in front of us: that Kara being the "harbinger of death" is a reference to the events she's set in motion. The rebel cylons now have an appreciation of what it means to lead a mortal life, and are on a course to make sure that it happens thanks to the alliance between them and the humans, something that wouldn't have been possible without Kara.

Also, if you rewatch the episode, check out the scene where Kara talks to the President in sick bay about her visions. There's a thermostat or something on the wall that looks a wee bit like the mandala. This could just be coincidence, though.

I have a hard time swallowing some of those spoilers. I hope the bigger ones turn out to be hogwash, or better yet, poppycock.

I have a hard time swallowing some of those spoilers. I hope the bigger ones turn out to be hogwash, or better yet, poppycock.

As I said, subject to change because of the writers strike, but they are very reliable. Its also my understanding that Scifi.com gives away ALOT without giving any real details. But what they do say dovetails with the spoilers.

Regarding

"Slick" - With Bear saying he's composing music actually played on set, the "Slick" idea easily fits...and makes things hella interesting. Music the universal unifier - Macross indeed!

Oh, one more thing, Pork. The last 3 or 4 episodes before the finale involve

a mysterious piano player named "Slick", whom Kara is drawn to. It *sounds* like this is where we find out WTF is going on.

Regarding

"Slick" - With Bear saying he's composing music actually played on set, the "Slick" idea easily fits...and makes things hella interesting. Music the universal unifier - Macross indeed!

and this Slick's real name is actually....basara nekki!

now we're getting somewhere... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, now that it's aired, SPOILER WARNING...

Maybe I need to watch again.

1) If Romo or someone else killed his cat weeks before the episodes started, than what was the cat doing walking around the apartment? Was it a hallucination? Another cat that he adopted after the first one died?

2) Why exactly was Adama taking the Raptor out alone at the end? In the past they showed that Racetrack and her ECO would hang out after the fleet jumped to see if any cylons were tailing them, is that what he was doing? If so, why didn't he have an ECO?

More importantly, am I about to win our little MW bet? :huh:

Sorry, Roger, but, assuming no one answers them in the interim, I'll try to answer your questions later tonight or tomorrow (Gotta chill with my girl now).

1) If Romo or someone else killed his cat weeks before the episodes started, than what was the cat doing walking around the apartment? Was it a hallucination? Another cat that he adopted after the first one died?

2) Why exactly was Adama taking the Raptor out alone at the end? In the past they showed that Racetrack and her ECO would hang out after the fleet jumped to see if any cylons were tailing them, is that what he was doing? If so, why didn't he have an ECO?

This show rocks?

Crap, that's not answering any of our questions.

More importantly, am I about to win our little MW bet? :huh:

Sorry, Roger, but, assuming no one answers them in the interim, I'll try to answer your questions later tonight or tomorrow (Gotta chill with my girl now).

maybe Mog, IF you are to believe the previews for the next episode

but that had to be a red herring or else Sci Channel just Fracked it up big time for the Final Cylon reveal

Kinda annoyed me that Starbuck gave the "with all due respect" thing after Adama asked her to continue the search

Uh Starbuck, may we remind you that it was yer dumbass that brought that Baseship back to fleet :angry:

Edited by chowyunskinny

Yeah, I didn't quite get that either Roger. Bad editing?

Well he did tel Leland (hahahah) that one of his first missions was some solar survey thingy and it was a solo mission.

Maybe the old man is trying to relieve his glory days one last time.

He did use his old call sign "Husker" when he pinged Galactica actual

*shrug*

I did think it was really cool that they brought back the Water Bowl Resistance Dog.

There was a gif going around a while back of that dog with the caption "who's going to feed me" after the episode where they left new Caprica :lol:

and wow! Tigh knocking up that Six. This will the first Cylon + Cylon offspring right?

Edited by chowyunskinny

I'm trying to avoid all of the spoiler messages and "inside scoops" about FUTURE episodes, but fortunately I noticed yours, because I found that scene confusing too, but for different reasons. Unfortunately I deleted my copy a few days ago, but I think I remember enough to answer.

1) Romo said "the dregs of humanity" killed the cat. Unless he is so batshit crazy that he doesn't remember killing it himself, I think we can accept his words at face value -- someone else killed his cat, perhaps because Romo defended Baltar in court. As for whether a cat was really walking around the apartment, the answer I think is no. Note that Lee says he hasn't seen the cat in ages when he trips over the food bowl, which looks old and unused. We only see a cat when the episode is focusing on Romo's Point of View. I don't think "hallucination" is the right word, since Romo knows his cat is dead, but basically we the viewers can see it only because Romo is talking to the cat "in spirit." Plus, this mind-frak on the viewer adds more tension to the gun-to-the-head scene, because then we wonder "Holy frak -- has Romo gone crazy?"

2) Wasn't that in case Roslin returned? This brings up something I can't recall from earlier episodes -- do the captains throughout the fleet get a whole itinerary of future jump destinations, or for security reasons do they only get informed about the next two jumps (allowing for an emergency jump in case they jump to a location with Cylons)? I always assumed it was the latter, and so someone would have to stay behind if Roslin was ever to catch up with the fleet. And it would have to be a person, because you certainly couldn't afford to leave some kind of recording behind and risk the Cylons finding it and deciphering it.

Note that before Starbuck et al returned with the garbage scowl and the basestar to the fleet, there was a concern that if they missed the rendezvous they would be frakked -- there would be no way to find the fleet again.

Anyway, I have my own question -- what is the real reason that Romo pointed the gun at Lee at the end? While watching, I thought that Romo had been driven over the edge, and really believed that the Adamas were colluding to control both the military AND the civilian government, and so Romo genuinely dispaired for humanity's future. But the wiki on Romo states he was just testing Lee. What do you guys think?

BECAUSE HE LOVES ROSLIN - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :rolleyes:

I liked the 2 nods to the original series.

Anyway, I have my own question -- what is the real reason that Romo pointed the gun at Lee at the end? While watching, I thought that Romo had been driven over the edge, and really believed that the Adamas were colluding to control both the military AND the civilian government, and so Romo genuinely dispaired for humanity's future. But the wiki on Romo states he was just testing Lee. What do you guys think?

I think it was what you said. Also gave the whole "saving his own ass" nod from the original series.

The cat Romo has been seeing is a "head cat", like "head Six", "head Baltar", and "head Ellen". Hey, atleast they're consistent. The "final five" bit in the next episode is

NOT about the Final Cylon. That is, as I understand it, a late series reveal. Then again, I cannot say whether she is outing someone else, or something else is going on all together. The information is simply not out there on this one.

Edited by Duke Togo

My take on it was that the cat had indeed been dead for weeks but the election proccess had taken weeks. We see thew cat alive remember Lee asks him if he ever feeds it, and then at some point after Romo decides that Lee should be President and before he's swarn in the Cat gets killed/dies etc. I just assumed the whole run it by the Quarum/Council of twelve would take a bit of time, and we just skipped that bit.

The cat being a hallucination of Romo's makes sense, but I guess I was remembering it appearing to and interacting with Lee.

Anyway, I was a little disappointed in Romo's freak-out, and in the episode in general.

My take on it was that the cat had indeed been dead for weeks but the election proccess had taken weeks. We see thew cat alive remember Lee asks him if he ever feeds it, and then at some point after Romo decides that Lee should be President and before he's swarn in the Cat gets killed/dies etc. I just assumed the whole run it by the Quarum/Council of twelve would take a bit of time, and we just skipped that bit.

Lee asks Romo if he ever feeds the cat, not because he sees the cat, but because he trips on the cat's empty food bowl. WE see the cat, because Romo "sees" the cat, but Lee doesn't -- he says something like "where is that thing?" I think the cat was supposed to be dead from the very beginning, hence the significant shots early on of Romo carrying the black bag. If someone had killed his cat DURING the episode, I think Romo would have said something!

Everyone see The Sixth Sense? I've already deleted the Battlestar episode, but I'll bet if anyone looks at it again, no one interacts with the cat but Romo, just the way only the kid responds to Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense. I'm betting the writers took their inspiration from that movie.

Perhaps the bigger issue is that there was no "election" process. The people of the fleet sure didn't get to vote, because according to the constitution, the Vice President (Zarek) should have become acting President, just like under the U.S. Constitution. The whole "appointment" of a temporary substitute until new elections could be held was because Papa Adama once again said to hell with the constitution (or Articles of Confederation, or whatever they call it in the series). After what happened earlier in the series -- with Adm. Adama staging an outright coup against Roslin -- I would think that the citizens in the rest of the fleet would be up in arms over Lee's appointment. I guess we'll find out soon.

The cat being a hallucination of Romo's makes sense, but I guess I was remembering it appearing to and interacting with Lee.

Anyway, I was a little disappointed in Romo's freak-out, and in the episode in general.

I have to say, I agree in a sense, there were a few things in this episode that were totally out of nowhere, and really didn't come off right, in my mind. But somehow, in the end, it all worked for me, and I can't wait until next week.

I have been lurking this thread for a while......

Maybe......

the four that found out they are Cylons are probably just humans with certain DNA sequences that make cross breeding possible...

The half breeds lose their Cylon abilities and become more human. The interbreeding breeds out the pure Cylons. The Cylons and humans then become one race again. The circle of man creates, machine rebels and both sides almost die continues.....

Maybe the final Cylon is really Helo....

post-157-1212275822_thumb.jpg

Edited by Myriad

After rewatching the episode, I enjoyed it a bit more. The bit with the cat made sense once I saw that it was all from Romo's perspective.

So will we get an episode that flashes back to the destruction of the resurrection hub? I hope so.