Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

You know I forgot about that. It's been a while since it's been released.....could you share what it was?

Chris

It's on the bonus materials menu. Go down one, and then right. The BSG logo should appear. Press OK.

It's really, really short.

The Galactica is flying with the fleet, while Edward James Olmos intones, mock-seriously, "Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica, leads a rag-tag fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest: a shining planet known as Earth." And a warbling version of the original BSG ending credits music plays.

Best Buy has each season for $17.99 on DVD right now. The Plan is also $17.99 on either Blu-ray or DVD.

Just wanted to say thanks again. Watching the entire series a second time around is an experience that defies words. Actually, no it doesn't. I'm having a blast...

I see you survived your foray into 1980 with you sanity reletively intact, Gubaba. That series would drive the most level-headed person almost insane.

Yes and no. I neglected to mention that I had to gnaw my own leg off to survive through the "Super Scouts Save the Baseball Camp" episode.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes and no. I neglected to mention that I had to gnaw my own leg off to survive through the "Super Scouts Save the Baseball Camp" episode.

Its amazing you survived that episode. one of the worst. then again.... their all pretty bad.

Its amazing you survived that episode. one of the worst. then again.... their all pretty bad.

Thats one episode where you wish the Cylons would find Earth and Nuke it into the pre-stoneage.

Just to save you from your own intestines as they leap up your neck and throttle you from within.

Thats one episode where you wish the Cylons would find Earth and Nuke it into the pre-stoneage.

Just to save you from your own intestines as they leap up your neck and throttle you from within.

Very true!!! B))

• 2 weeks later...

I've been going through the whole series again, this time with the commentary. I find I'm liking the "Ron Moore with David Eick" commentaries better than the Ron Moore solo commentaries. And I'm mildly surprised by how openly critical he is of certain scenes or certain episodes.

• 4 weeks later...

We all know the new VIPER MKII is to be released very shortly and I can't wait to build mine when they arrive, but I just learned from my buddy in Northridge that Moebius is also doing the GALACTIC BSG 75!!! B))

This is one of the test shots I found, Both my friend who owns a Hobby shop in CA, and Monsters in Motion have the pre-order price around $38.00 and should be the same scale size of the original Galactica 1979 kit.

post-6180-1268508503_thumb.jpg

I've had mine on pre-order since last week. It's a good year for Galactica fans. I really, really want that viper Mk2. I would almost kill for it.

My buddy just told me last night about the Galactica, I was really shocked that I had just learned about it.... (talk about being late to the party!)

Also he said hes keeping his fingers crossed & will have his stock in on March 18th. Because theres 2 with my name on it!! :D

My buddy just told me last night about the Galactica, I was really shocked that I had just learned about it.... (talk about being late to the party!)

Also he said hes keeping his fingers crossed & will have his stock in on March 18th. Because theres 2 with my name on it!! :D

Excellent. Then at least I'll get one e-mail concerning payment for one of my Vipers (Culttvman shop). The other I ordered locally. You've seen the previews of the kit on the web, right?

The idea of SyFy doing another series based on the 1st Cylon War is music to my ears, If they are going to green light a new series hopefully its ready to roll when Caprica finished up. The adventures William "Husker" Adama continues!!

That's great. I'm loving how Caprica is setting up the world & the cylons. I kept telling myself that the series might show come cylons in use, but wouldn't go into the first war. No jump forward transitions like the end of Season 2... Well, I guess it kind of will. I just hope they let Caprica run its course before starting the new one.

I doubt that any new series set in Cylon War I will be focused on Bill Adama, that's just too predictable :) . Though it'd be nice if he were at least a major character, this way we see his progression from little Tauron gangsta wannabe from Caprica to Saviour of the fracking human race in BSG.

Perhaps the main character will be Tigh . :D

Perhaps the main character will be Tigh . :D

:blink: Now that's something... The beginning of the end Earth 1 which we do not have any idea other than it was likely a war between the Kobol skinjob descendants and the samurai chromejobs. (Since many treat the Final Five comics as non-canon.)

But more likely this has something to do with the 12 Colonies. Hopes are the First Cylon War.

We only saw the end of it in Razor Flashback.

Caprica deals with the beginning of the Cylons.

While I'd LOVE a series or mini series set during the first cylon war.....I didn't see anything in that article that said the possible series would be set there.

Chris

While I'd LOVE a series or mini series set during the first cylon war.....I didn't see anything in that article that said the possible series would be set there.

Chris

Well, if it's going to be a prequel (and it pretty much HAS to be, right?) I really want to see "The Misadventures of Gaius Baltar: Boy Genius." Or maybe a heartwarming classroom sitcom: "Welcome Back Roslin."

Well, if it's going to be a prequel (and it pretty much HAS to be, right?) I really want to see "The Misadventures of Gaius Baltar: Boy Genius." Or maybe a heartwarming classroom sitcom: "Welcome Back Roslin."

maybe it will be about the flight from Kobol and the founding of the 12 colonies?

I'm more worried that Moore and company are more interested in character driven dramas than sci-fi action. That isn't nessessarily a bad thing and doesn't mean that wouldn't fit with a first cylon war series of some sort, for all we know it could be a show about civilian life in the fleet or life on earth after the show ended.....high drama low action. Just don't people to be diappointed if it is not what most of us seem to want because someone said it's going to be about the first cylon war when the artical said no such thing.

Chris

I'm more worried that Moore and company are more interested in character driven dramas than sci-fi action. That isn't nessessarily a bad thing...

Indeed. I think it's a very GOOD thing, and is the reason why Galactica was such a satisfying show. The sci-fi action scenes were cool, but you can't build an entire show around that...not if you want it to be any good, that is.

Agreed. I think a mini series of some sort would be great in the Cylon War era so You could still have the great drama but still have good action. After all Galactica, wasn't really about fighting a war...per say, it was more about surviving and how people deal with such horrible events. While a war series, IMO, would require more action. Not nessessarily all the time, still lots of room for great drama and characters, but I would think a little more than was in Galactica. Moore himself stated in a pod cast that he wasn't all that intersted in the action sequences...or hated writing them.... but did it for the fans. One of the reasons I think there was only a few good action episodes per season. Addmitidly, they were FANTASTIC scenes though.

Chris

... One of the reasons I think there was only a few good action episodes per season. Addmitidly, they were FANTASTIC scenes though.

That and they cost money to do. Which is why they tried to reuse whenever they could and why they never had many location shoots.

Indeed. I think it's a very GOOD thing, and is the reason why Galactica was such a satisfying show. The sci-fi action scenes were cool, but you can't build an entire show around that...not if you want it to be any good, that is.

One of my favorite "action scenes" is when they had the camera on a few characters huddled up inside Galactica listening to the radio as fight went on outside and they had no idea how things were going. Their fear and dependence was palpable.

RDM's magic formula:

Step 1: Take Spanish Telenovela

Step 2: + guns, knives, vipers

Step 3: Insert controversial RL elements and issues concerning religion, gender, etc.

Step 4: Schedule it for Friday night, b/c we all now nerds don't have anything lined up

Step 5: Profit.

RDM's magic formula:

Step 1: Take Spanish Telenovela

Step 2: + guns, knives, vipers

Step 3: Insert controversial RL elements and issues concerning religion, gender, etc.

Step 4: Schedule it for Friday night, b/c we all now nerds don't have anything lined up

Step 5: Profit.

You forgot Step 3.5...MAKE SURE IT'S F*CKIN' AWESOME!!!!! ^_^