Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

I heard Richard Hatch was trying to revive the original storyline for a new series (I think it was back in the nineties, don't quote me). I guess that plan fell flat on it's face.

He went so far as trying to fund his own sequel, without actually having the rights for it...

I heard Richard Hatch was trying to revive the original storyline for a new series (I think it was back in the nineties, don't quote me). I guess that plan fell flat on it's face.

Yeah...he got a trailer made, and then "co-wrote" a bunch of novels. They were still coming out as of a few years ago, I believe.

As an 11 year old I only ever thought what will happen when the guys at the city dump open up that dumptruck and find among the binbags and trash two crushed up robots. At 11 I was thinking all sorts of things not to disimilar to the story of Skynet in T2, you know some uber corp with broken robot bits in glass jars. Damm I shoulda published it.

Edited by David Hingtgen

LOL, c'mon... you can't be too upset... the show's been over for a long while now. I avoided the BSG thread entirely until I caught up on the DVDs. It's not as much fun as talking about each episode as you live through them... but it's the only way to be safe.

LOL, c'mon... you can't be too upset... the show's been over for a long while now. I avoided the BSG thread entirely until I caught up on the DVDs. It's not as much fun as talking about each episode as you live through them... but it's the only way to be safe.

Well...I was avoiding it at first...but then everyone was putting spoiler tags and reminding others to. It's been a few months, so I felt pretty safe, as long I didn't go back to the beginning of the thread or anything stupid like that. <_<

So earth is dead, huh? I guess I'll see how it plays out.

In all honesty Gubaba---would you have expected something different from the show? That they'd find Earth and it was paradise, and they'd all go and live in peace and happiness in a new golden age of humanity?

But don't worry TOO much---while it is a huge spoiler, frankly----you should have seen it coming and expected it well before it actually happens---there's more than enough foreshadowing in the episodes leading up to it. And there's still a lot more things to see and experience in the series. I'd say more, but I shouldn't.

Or in short "when you get to 1 to 2 eps before you actually find out, you really should have expected it by then, so while it may be a huge spoiler now, it's less of a spoiler later in the season"

In all honesty Gubaba---would you have expected something different from the show? That they'd find Earth and it was paradise, and they'd all go and live in peace and happiness in a new golden age of humanity?

But don't worry TOO much---while it is a huge spoiler, frankly----you should have seen it coming and expected it well before it actually happens---there's more than enough foreshadowing in the episodes leading up to it. And there's still a lot more things to see and experience in the series. I'd say more, but I shouldn't.

Or in short "when you get to 1 to 2 eps before you actually find out, you really should have expected it by then, so while it may be a huge spoiler now, it's less of a spoiler later in the season"

That's cool. I'm just glad I made it to the end of Season 3 without anyone saying, "Man, I couldn't believe Roslin's assistant was a Cylon" or something. :)

Man, I can't believe Doc Cottle was the final cylon.

REALLY??? Man, I had it pegged as Billy! Whatta reveal THAT would've been..."We found out who the final Cylon is! And, um...he got shot a couple of years ago..." "Whew! That would've been a close one!"

REALLY??? Man, I had it pegged as Billy! Whatta reveal THAT would've been..."We found out who the final Cylon is! And, um...he got shot a couple of years ago..." "Whew! That would've been a close one!"

errr... I was just trying to throw you off... but yeah, it's pretty shocking when he shows up, really fraks up roslyn.

meh, semantics, you say boomer, I say Athena... in any event, that model is the final cylon.

Interestingly, I read the novel "The Cylon's Secret" recently, and there was an Athena in that, as well...although it was set twenty years before the series starts (and really, didn't match up with the series, since the show establishes quite clearly that there has been no contact with the Cylons for forty years, and yet, in the book...there they are. Although they had been waiting around in Colonial space for decades.)

Overall it was okay. Not terrible, but far from great.

No, that's the other Billy. The OTHER other one was an unactivated "sleeper" cylon.

LIARS! The dead priest lady from Season 1 and 2 was the Cylon sleeper.

Interestingly, I read the novel "The Cylon's Secret" recently, and there was an Athena in that, as well...although it was set twenty years before the series starts (and really, didn't match up with the series, since the show establishes quite clearly that there has been no contact with the Cylons for forty years, and yet, in the book...there they are. Although they had been waiting around in Colonial space for decades.)

Well, you can watch The Plan or you can keep watching Season 4.

What we should all do is hide our spoilers in our posts just to mess with Gubaba. :D

I think you may be confusing the 1978-79 Battlestar Galactica with Galactica 1980, which is for all intents and purposes, a wholly separate show... :unsure:

Nope. BSG 1980 is the one with the flying bikes and kids to protect right? Remember, 30 years ago in 1980, I was a little kid too. :lol: So yeah, since I never had an elder bro (eldest grandson/son in the family), I kinda envy those kids with a big bro to protect them. Yeah...something to do with Freud... :lol:

Back on track, getting my blu-rays of BSG2009 series soon. Or would you guys/gals recommend I wait till the blu-ray specs is really completely finalised? I heard they are still working on the 3D blu-ray specs...

LIARS! The dead priest lady from Season 1 and 2 was the Cylon sleeper.

Well, you can watch The Plan or you can keep watching Season 4.

What we should all do is hide our spoilers in our posts just to mess with Gubaba. :D

No, don't watch The Plan yet, there's a major spoiler in it

Edited by eugimon

I can only say how sorry I am Gubaba... I totally forgot to put on the tags and then logged off. It was late and I was tired. No excuse I know but I am sorry. I guess it is one of the things to remember when on the web on a site that is so global, I go to bed right around the time a lot of you guys are just getting in from work, or getting up if you are East of me.

Feel free to tell me how much you hate me for ruining part of your televisual delights, and of cause you get first dibs to personally tell me how any of the cool U.S T.V stuff ends. I am only a couple of episodes into Lost Season 4, and like you (were) missing all the news and conversations at work about it so as not to spoil it.

Sorry again

Its a bit late but I'll go back and edit it.

Edited by big F

I can only say how sorry I am Gubaba... I totally forgot to put on the tags and then logged off. It was late and I was tired. No excuse I know but I am sorry. I guess it is one of the things to remember when on the web on a site that is so global, I go to bed right around the time a lot of you guys are just getting in from work, or getting up if you are East of me.

Feel free to tell me how much you hate me for ruining part of your televisual delights, and of cause you get first dibs to personally tell me how any of the cool U.S T.V stuff ends. I am only a couple of episodes into Lost Season 4, and like you (were) missing all the news and conversations at work about it so as not to spoil it.

Sorry again

Its a bit late but I'll go back and edit it.

Enh, I guess it's no biggie, really. As jenius pointed out, it's kind of amazing that I've gotten as far as I have with this much ignorance about where the show is going. So no worries, no hard feelings, and enjoy Season 4 of Lost.

I've never seen Lost, so I have no idea what's going on in season 4. Even if I *could* spoil something about it, though, I wouldn't.

;)

So anyway, I went out to breakfast with my Mom today and she gave me a big box for my birthday containing ALL SIX Galactica DVD box sets. :o

(Makes me a *little* annoyed that I bought Razor, since I figured that wouldn't be included with Season 4, but hey...it was only five bucks, and it's got much niver packaging than the thinpack DVD that comes with Season 4.0.)

Anyway, I watched the first four episodes of season 4 back-to-back, and what erth will be like is really the last thing on my mind, what with everything else going on. I was rather shocked that Kally was killed (although David Hingtgen hinted a while back that at least one of the girls I thought was cute would die)...and I thought it was rather wickedly symbolic that she was executed, by a Cylon, in the same way that the Cylons are traditionally killed. (Tori is clearly the Cylon to watch, since she seems to be ...how shall I put it... not resisting what she is as much as the other Penultimate Four are. In fact, she seems to be beginning to enjoy being a Cylon. And after killing a human...well, there's kinda no turning back after that, is there?)

Tigh is getting very interesting indeed...he seems to be using Six in much the same way that Baltar does, as a tool for self-exploration. The difference being that I'm 99% sure that Baltar is human, and so he plumbs more psychological depths with his Six, while Tigh seems (understandably) more interested in the "nuts and bolts" (as it were) of how Cylons work.

Speaking of Baltar...why did he see Caprica Six's imaginary Baltar? (Don't answer that. :) ) Weird scene...

As for Kara...I no longer believe she's dead, and I don't think she was captured by Cylons. I'm worried that it'll turn out that she was rescued in by some re-imagined analogue to the "Beings of Lights" from the original show, but that may just be the after-effects of watching "The Return of Starbuck" from Galactica 1980 a few days ago.

On a technical note, I enjoyed seeing the repair work on the ring-shaped ship. Really, while the space battles are cool and all, I almost enjoy watching the "daily life" stuff (repairs, shuttles zipping back and forth between larger ships) more than the big combat sequences.

As for Kara...I no longer believe she's dead, and I don't think she was captured by Cylons. I'm worried that it'll turn out that she was rescued in by some re-imagined analogue to the "Beings of Lights" from the original show, but that may just be the after-effects of watching "The Return of Starbuck" from Galactica 1980 a few days ago.

What? You don't believe us when we say she's dead? Trust us, she's dead. :lol:

Ooh Cally's death was a super intense moment. That was some fracked up stuff there. She seemed like such a sweet girl but then again, things aren't always as they seem.

Things sure get awfully strange for the four from this point going forward.

Well, her name's back in the opening credits, at least...

They saved a few thousand bucks on that, it was getting tight and they needed the money :p

Thats their hommage to the old series Re using old footage ;)

I got all excited that you may be spoling Lost for me.......... DOH!!! you know you could have said anything and I might have belived you.

This series gets better and better just remember that, each week you'll think that was cool and then next week its thats even cooler OMG!!