Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

Well IF it turns out to be good I would probably buy it just to be completist. I will just wait and see. Someone is bound to torrent it or postit in bits on Youtube so I can "try before I buy"

With the exception of the Miniseries I watched all the episodes on T.V/torrent before I went out and got the DVD's at bargain basement prices in the closing down sales of our local media giant.

Edited by big F

Me neither ... the concept didn't seem too interesting.

:mellow:

Yeah, I can probably live without that aspect. Knowing where it all went already sort of makes the PLan less interesting to me. Razor at least for me provided some interesting backstory.

Edited by Letigre

Those props look so awesome, I envy the people who build that stuff FOR A LIVING :)

I noticed there is not much clearance on the Mk7 between the control stick on the right side and the wall, which contains its own assortment of knobs, ...slightly poor design there :p

The reimagined Galactica was successful in part because they didn't pay too much attention to these elements:

- All small arms on the show are models of actual firearms, no futuristic laser rifle.

- Nothing on either the Galactica or Pegasus looks particularly state of the art (aside from FTL)

- I could go on and on... :p

But did I care? Not in the least, because the human drama > props.

Thats exactly what made it so "real" and watchable. No ray guns and warp conduits etc.

Almost what SDF Macross was in spirit. A drama that just so happens to be set in space with big spaceships. Allbeit that SDF had lasers and Valks as well but we dont care about that bit do we...!

• 3 weeks later...

Any one watch last nights NUMBERS on CBS James Callis (Baltar).

Callis plays a crazy anarchist who runes a Cult trying to destroy the economy by crashing a major credit card network. They kidnap Amita to use her computer skills to pull it off.

Edited by miles316

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah, I was really suprised that they had a happy ending of sorts. Very satisfying too me after all they've been through. Bad guys gone, and they find a home.

Chris

Best Frakin show of all time for me. Still sad to see it end. But we still have "THE PLAN" to watch, thats gonna awesome!!

As for CAPRICA, I really hope its as enjoyable to watch. B))

The pilot is out on DVD already. You can take a look at it.

The pilot is out on DVD already. You can take a look at it.

Word!! I went an bought the CAPRICA DVD when it 1st came out, I thought it was awesome. I just hope the 1st season of episodes is just as good, if not better!! B))

• 5 weeks later...

Gah---I have Season 1-3 on DVD, never bought 4.0, now 4.5's coming on Blu-Ray. Don't really want to plunk down 200+ for the whole set on Blu-Ray, but it'd almost seem pointless to pay half that much just for season 4...

Gah---I have Season 1-3 on DVD, never bought 4.0, now 4.5's coming on Blu-Ray. Don't really want to plunk down 200+ for the whole set on Blu-Ray, but it'd almost seem pointless to pay half that much just for season 4...

Give DVD's away to a friend, buy the bluray set. That way you get karma pints for double purchasing.

Edited by Keith

They've had it at that price since they first took pre-orders...it's a fantastic deal.

Wow, I hadn't even seen that website till the other day.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as David, I own all of BSG except 4.5. Still, I'm a sucker for boxed sets.

On a totaly OT note, I dig the avatar/arcade stick

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if they will release the whole of series 4 on DVD in one go. I have held off buying 4.5 because I wanted to get them all in one box like the other series.

Times like these* I wish I had held out for the compilation box set. Ho, hum, I guess I'll have to shell out for the Season 4.

*Times, that is, at the end of a show.

Eh. It's still $200 I'd have to fork out up front, as opposed to the spread-out paying of the season sets, and I would've had to have waited this long to watch the series on DVD at my leisure. Let the ultra-freaks buy that box set. That thing better come with your own programmable 6 hallucination or something...