Battlestar Galactica Discussion III

Man, crap was f'ed up when Head6 was lifting up Baltar, and when they showed him in "real life" his body was posititioned like he was being lifted, with no one there.

Frak.

Very Flight Club.

Things are getting messy. :huh: If there was one unifying theme throughout this whole episode, it would be that singular idea.

From the Hidden Four starting to crack under the pressure, to Roslin's "Screw it all; I'm dying" attitude, and Lee's "Uh-oh..." moment at the sermon, things ain't lookin' pretty.

A few other comments:

• * Agree with you completely, kaiotheforsaken. After watching the ep, I almost wanted to rewatch the whole entire thing right there. Definitely gotta digest it again, as you say.

* Glad that Tyrol remembered about the Admiral threatening to space Cally. Having characters remember little details like that really makes me love this show even more.

* Ya think myk was saying "FRAK YOU, RON MOORE!!!!!!!" when Racetrack's Raptor was landing?

* Was it just me or were the producers/director emphasizing some of Caprica Six's umm..."assets" more prominently this episode. :huh:

* Guess we gotta space that idea about Head Six being gone forever now, huh?

* It was a trip to hear Tyrol's comments at the bar about another certain screwed-up toaster. Even by BSG's standards, those two have constantly gotten the frakked-up end of stick. I'm guessing those two will wind up being two of the more tragic characters when all is said and done.

Lastly, regarding the Last Supper pic, I saw an article awhile back where someone did a similar superimposing of the images. But they did it by superimposing the images of the characters from opposite sides of the table (Roslin and the Admiral; Natalie and Helo/Athena; Tigh and Tyrol, etc.). If I remember correctly, it all gets a little mucked up in the middle section. But it was an interesting read nonetheless.

Its deffinately getting interesting for sure. Roslyn's face isnt so CG anymore, and she actually looked decent in that "wig".

Chief, he's losing it. It will be him that goes nuts and ruins it all for them.

Tigh, granted he's seeing Ellen when he talks to Caprica, but WOW on the fact that she knows he's one of the Final Five.

Tory, I think she was the prototype for 6. Stupid slurm.

Anders.....meh.

Anyone else notice that tonights episode was directed by Olmos?

Edit: Slurm? :lol:

Edited by Fatalist

Tigh, granted he's seeing Ellen when he talks to Caprica, but WOW on the fact that she knows he's one of the Final Five.

Actually, I don't think she knows Tigh is one oif the final five. Her whole interaction with him was more on how the wiping out of the 12 colonies has affected her mind. To say the least, I think she's crazy. But so again, so is Tigh...

I don't know. In the previous episodes, she said that they were close, and that she can feel them. Maybe with him there in the room, that feeling is overpowering?

The scenes to me sounded like she was not only trying to show him that she feels, but also how to turn that feeling into "clarity". Like trying to teach the noob Cylon a thing or two.

I guess I'll have to watch it again.

Edited by Fatalist

Are there official new series Viper models available yet?

What's the latest on available models, garage kits or otherwise?

According to what I know (take with a grain of salt), the current re-releases (viper, raider, basestar) are the testing grounds for wether or not new kits will sell. So if these kits sell, new series kits will be made. I did my part and bought the Viper and Raider, both are actually great kits, and are going together rather well.

As for the garage kits, you'll have to poke around starship modeler to get info on what's out there.

Things are getting really interesting now...

- Are the Final Four encountering the Head-Beings, or are they simply learning projection?

- Was Baltar physically lifted up, or was that just his perception of the shape his body was in?

- Is Lee being a jerk to Roslin because he's pissed that she's now his stepmom?

- Why did Six decide to get physical with Tigh? How is Tigh going to explain that situation?

- Does the Leoben survivor know anything about Starbuck's destiny and whatever else? Or is he just trying to paint random stuff to get on her good side?

- Are the Final Four encountering the Head-Beings, or are they simply learning projection?

The "head beings" are a product of a mental break, there nothing mechanical about them. Baltar sees what he does because he is batshat crazy (Moore and company have stated as much, on more than one occasion). I'm sure Tigh sees what he does because he's losing it as well.

And no, Six doesn't know Tigh is a Cylon. Tigh is reading way too far into what she is saying to him, and he's not in his right mind to begin with.

When that Centurion was wiping the blood off the wall, there seem to be some resentment in it's movements. The original Cylon models were "pets" of the Colonies before they rebelled.

The kinda look it was implying when the others were leaving the room, said to me it was jealous or resentful. Im thinking maybe the toasters and the raiders may rebel against thier siicon masters, much in the same way the did against the humans. It brings meaning to all this has happened before.

Edited by big F

While he was ranting in the bar, I kind of have to agree with Chief about Cally. I don't remember a scene when they were happy, and with Chief's normal go-with-the-flow attitude, she was usually the one making them miserable. I know there's some Cally fans here, but apart from looking nice, the character was a harpee.

This episode seemed more about the final four changing. There was a theme of "perfection". Torry started it last week, and now it seems the rest have caught up. They all made a vow to be who they were when the first found out, but it seems they're slowly abandoning that notion. I think even if Chief finds out that Torry airlocked Cally, he's not going to care. Only monkey wrench in the works now is that before each of the four were in key positions, and now, Chief's been demoted.

That Comicon exclusive Micromachine Galactica set arrived from HasbroyToyShop today, much to my surprise. They do ship pretty quickly in my experience.

Stealth Galactica is much darker than the online pics show. Still works for my needs. The MARK II Viper is VERY nice though with all of the little added detail tampos. A little dissappointed with the Raptor. It's just so.....plain, especially when compared to the Viper. Pretty nice set for the money. Kaio, thanks for recommending it

Maybe all blond slu ts just look alike to him. :p

Blonde slurms Wes. Slurms. Grants slu ts is the correct term, but I find it totally funny the forum changes it to slurms. Futurama anyone?

I still need to re-watch the episode. Just caught up on Lost lastnight, so maybe tonight if I can find the time.

Blonde slurms Wes. Slurms. Grants slu ts is the correct term, but I find it totally funny the forum changes it to slurms. Futurama anyone?

I still need to re-watch the episode. Just caught up on Lost lastnight, so maybe tonight if I can find the time.

I SHALL NOT BE FILTEROWNED!

Or you can just call them floozies...

BSG is getting to be more and more of a mind frak with each new episode.

just pray the last episode doesn't end up as an "inside starbuck's mind" episode, with the rest of the BSG cast playing around in her head, and asking her to re-create the world in any way she sees fit, and congratulating her at the end.... haha, in the end, god's in his heaven, all is right with the world. :p

Good episode. It's a little slower than the rest of the season so far, but that's okay too. I liked the character development with Laura Roslin. It was so tragic when she told Baltar she was wearing a wig. I mean, we all noticed her hair, but at the same time you're just hoping it's not what you think it means. :(

I agree with the "Fight Club" feel of the Baltar scene. I am Jack's imaginary Cylon :) I also don't think that Six knows Tigh is a Cylon. If she did, the scenes just don't play the right way. plus, we all know how much Moore and Co. like to mess with us and throw us off :)

Edited by Mr March

Good article, and yes my money at this point is on either Dualla/Adama or Tom Zarek. For a while I was leaning towards Gaeta but those two work better for me. Though Dee has been conspicously absent the last couple of episodes.

Good article, and yes my money at this point is on either Dualla/Adama or Tom Zarek. For a while I was leaning towards Gaeta but those two work better for me. Though Dee has been conspicously absent the last couple of episodes.

But Adama is already sitting at the table. :)

I think he's off. Just because I don't remember if it was her Three would have been more apologetic about beating and ripping out Saul's eye. Just giving someone the cold shoulder is hardly anything.

Is THAT supposed to be the plot off Capricia?! I thought they established they made Cylons wayyyyy before the war. Now they're giving them 10 years? Maybe if they were Ipods that distribution could happen but you're pushing it. Plus I thought Raptor was showing they were messing with biological Cylons during the war, if they had it right the first time there wasn't much to look into.

It looked to me like Baltar was actually being physically lifted off the floor by Head Six. I don't think it's physically possible to stand up in that posture he was in. Maybe she is more than a figment of his psyche.

Except they've stated several times that she is a result of a total mental break.

Except they've stated several times that she is a result of a total mental break.
Even if she is, the imaginary Baltar in Baltar's head was able to feed him information about the music that Tory heard in the nebula.

The same goes for the Baltar in Caprica Six's head. It knew that Tigh killed his wife and let Caprica Six know about it so she could manipulate him.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that these aren't merely figments of the characters' imaginations and are the manifestations of some other unknown power. Call them "angels from God" or something else, but they're pretty hip to what's going on in other peoples' heads and what's going to happen.

Edited by Roger

Even if she is, the imaginary Baltar in Baltar's head was able to feed him information about the music that Tory heard in the nebula.

What Baltar was talking about and what Tory thought he was talking about are two different things. We as the audience are supposed to understand this.

The same goes for the Baltar in Caprica Six's head. It knew that Tigh killed his wife and let Caprica Six know about it so she could manipulate him.

Same as what I said above.

Come on, Baltar just came up with the music metaphor (the one that would sway Tory) by chance?

Number Six just happened to figure out on her own that Tigh killed his wife?

The Six in Baltar's head just happened to predict that a cylon-human baby would be created, a few episodes before they even knew Athena was pregnant (or existed), and where the baby would be born?

Even back in the mini-series, the Six in Baltar's head pointed out where the cylon tracking device was in CIC.

Too many coincidences.